Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Clad totals Tom

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Clad totals Tom
September 25, 2009 06:58AM
Tom
I'm curious how much clad do you end up digging for a year.I know you hunt old silver and gold coins mostly.I'm just curious as to how much clad you end up digging.Bill
Re: Clad totals Tom
September 26, 2009 11:31AM
Since the advent of the T2/F75.....and especially now....the Ltd; my type/style of hunting has changed dramatically. I'm NOW.... MUCH more of a relic hunter than ever before. A few years ago.... I could easily answer to you: approx $700.00/yr. Now.... with my inland relic hunting.....and a detector technology that can finally START to unmask & see-between...... my clad count is just a few dollars. This is because I'm hunting very old sites that is virtually sans clad.
Independently from all other hunting; I am a heavy beach hunter..... and still find approx $400.00/yr in clad.... although THIS is about to change also. The unit that I hunt with now.... is not very deep on coins (reducing my clad count) ... but; rather, it's more sensitive towards low conductors (bottom end of the 'foil' range).

Tom
September 26, 2009 12:55PM
Thanks Tom.
September 27, 2009 12:50PM
Tom
What unit are you now using that is more sensitive towards low conductors.Thanks Bill
September 28, 2009 09:39PM
A 'boosted' Eric Foster AquaStar-II....a PI unit.