Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Buy & Sell Used Detecting Gear...

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Buy & Sell Used Detecting Gear...
June 03, 2013 02:18AM
Guys, after asking Tom, he was kind enough to allow me to post my new website via his forum. Thank you, Tom!!!

www.TreasureClassifieds.com had our soft launch this weekend, and the response has been nothing short of amazing. A few of our listers even reported their listings sold...only a few hours after our launch smiling smiley

Treasure Classifieds is a classifieds board specifically for the buying & selling of used detecting gear. It's 100% free to post your listing, or, to become a member and contact a seller.

Again, as long as the item is USED, you can post as many items as you wish, at no cost.

I started this website because I had a VERY difficult time tracking down a 1021 CZ. It took more than a month to get one, but, not before jumping from forum to forum like a jitterbug becoming a member, posting want ads, contacting sellers, etc. It was a hassle. That's when the idea came to me to create a 'one-stop-shop' for the buying & selling of used detecting gear. Something that's free to use, saves time & caters to every want a detectorist has. It is FOR treasure hunters, BY a treasure hunter (me). I've been a member of this forum for a while now, and hope the website can help some of my fellow forum friends buy & sell a lot easier, as well as filling a niche I think is currently not being served within the hobby.

Please check out the site & bookmark it for future use. Also, if anyone has any feedback, advice or comments about making the site better, I'm all ears.

P.S. - As part of our launch promotion, we're giving away free t-shirts to all new members of the site...even if you don't post anything. Get'm while they're hot!

Joe Grasso
www.TreasureClassifieds.com
Re: Buy & Sell Used Detecting Gear...
June 03, 2013 02:31AM
Joe, nice looking web site, if you can have the guys trade and sell with out hitches, it will be a hit, I didn't see a feedback part of the site, in case some people are not on the up and up, hope it works out, great idea
June 03, 2013 03:18AM
Is it for US residents only?
June 03, 2013 04:05AM
Great site man! Ill be posting a few things real soon.Ray
June 03, 2013 06:31AM
I just posted a detector for sale, Joe, thanks.

I agree with Caretaker; there needs to be a way to "rate" or give "feedback" on transactions/users...

Steve
June 03, 2013 10:28AM
Thank you guys for the positive feedback and suggestions, greatly appreciated!

To be quite honest, while I knew there was a tremendous need for this type of idea, I wasn't really sure how the website was going to be received by my fellow detectorists. So, I opted to keep things a bit simpler in terms of both operation & design. However...

Based on the comments so far, I will be implementing a feedback section soon. It should be operational within the next week or two. In the interim, there is a comments section below each ad posting. Feel free to use it & provide info after; speaking or conversing with a seller by phone or email, making a successful transaction, etc.

As to the posters question above, in relation to foreign listings...I am solely encouraging US based ads at the moment, however, again, based on user feedback & suggestions, this may change soon, too. I am anticipating most usage from within the states, and, to be perfectly candid, I'm not sure how comfortable one would be dealing overseas. If the demand is there and it benefits members though, I'd certainly give it a go.

Keeping with the idea that the website is FOR treasure hunters, BY a treasure hunter, if anyone experiences any technical issues, has questions or concerns, would like to offer any feedback, etc., reaching me at my personal email address: joegrss@gmail.com is more than fine smiling smiley Customer care will be paramount, so, anything at all, just shoot me a message.

The websites success is hinged upon you guys - my fellow detectorists. So, use the site, recommend it to friends & fellow hunters, and lets build it into something to call our own smiling smiley

P.S. - Just curious, what do y'all think of having a section for 'Want Ads' & 'Trades'?

P.P.S. - Steve & others, thanks for the listings and the suggestions!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2013 10:39AM by njnydigger.
June 03, 2013 10:31AM
"want ads" and "trades" sections make sense to me...

Steve
June 03, 2013 10:54AM
Just joined, looks like a good idea. I also would like to see a feedback section but with a chance for the person to respond to the feedback. Some people can be insanely petty or there can be genuine misunderstandings.
June 03, 2013 11:56AM
Feed back is good especially since you are just starting out. Do you have to break everything down into catagories if you have say 4 or 5 items to sell? I have some things from my Explorer ill be trying to sell. But some of us really like to swap as well.... so thats a good idea.

Dew
June 03, 2013 01:36PM
Maybe have the username prominant ...I see the location, but if I'm buying, I'd recognize and trust say a Dan pa for example.
June 03, 2013 01:38PM
Just a thought but you may want to add a disclaimer on the forum. It is not very often but sometimes problems happen. It should be clear as to the liability of the sale .....

Tom in SC
June 03, 2013 01:49PM
Nice site and thanks for sharing....already have one for sale...
June 03, 2013 02:45PM
> As to the posters question above, in relation to
> foreign listings...I am solely encouraging US
> based ads at the moment, however, again, based on
> user feedback & suggestions, this may change soon,
> too.

It would be good to get Canadians to the company...
June 03, 2013 07:32PM
Great site Joe and big SHOUT OUT TO TOM for letting you advertise your site.
June 04, 2013 01:32AM
Hey nynjdigger, how long untill I recieve the email validating my account?? I registered last night and am ready to contribute. Thanks, Ray
June 04, 2013 01:49AM
It would be nice to get rid of a lot of the sale ads clogging toms site lately.
June 04, 2013 01:59AM
Guys, I just wanted to say thank you for all of the kind comments, positive feedback & good suggestions that have been offered by my fellow members here, regarding the new site! It is quite humbling indeed, and I promise to work my tail off growing Treasure Classifieds into an outlet we can ALL benefit from!

I would also like to thank Tom once again for his openness & generosity...it means a lot!!!

To be sure, there is still quite a lot of work to be done. I'm certain there will be a few technical issues, mistakes & hiccups along the way, but, if you guys can stand beside me, be patient & help spread the word on the website, I will do you proud smiling smiley

If the site helps smooth the buying & selling process for y'all, or, makes your lives easier...that's what it's all about.

I truly thank each & every one of my fellow forum friends for putting your trust in me. Thank you!!!

P.S. - Deathray, you should receive the activation email instantaneously. If you haven't received it, make sure to check your spam folder, as it might have been relegated there. Also, double check that the email you used to sign-up was correct. If its NOT in your spam mail, and you did indeed use the correct email to sign-up, try joining again from scratch. If it still doesn't work, I will remedy the problem ASAP to get you rolling smiling smiley

P.P.S. - As this is Tom's forum, and he was gracious enough to let me post here, I would rather not tie up the board with posts regarding technical issues and the like. More meaningful & relevant information on here than anything having to do with my website. So, if I may kindly ask, please direct all technical issues/questions to my personal email, which is: joegrss@gmail.com

Joe

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 02:16AM by njnydigger.
June 04, 2013 02:17AM
Aahhh junk folder..duh! Thanks man, I'm on now. Again, good job...hope no lowlifes screw things up.
June 04, 2013 11:32AM
Since Joe is not a 'dealer' ....... not selling new units........... not making a profit selling 'other folks' used units............... and is providing a service for free,,,,,,,,,, this violates nothing..... and is of benefit to all.
June 04, 2013 07:27PM
Thanks Joe and thanks Tom for letting us know what a good guy Joe is.
June 04, 2013 07:55PM
Cool site!!
June 05, 2013 01:05AM
you know, in a perfect world, trade detectors so you can try them out would be real cool, but this world is to far gone and I don't even entertain that thought, maybe with club members tho, we are going to get there soon
June 05, 2013 03:48AM
Thanks Joe for the invite. Great site
June 05, 2013 11:43AM
Joe

Yee whiz, I thought of a special classified website like yours a number of years ago. But, it was going to be too much hard work for me and time spent....etc. So it never happened.
Glad you took the bull by the horns and put up such a site.
Just added a link to your site on my website.
Good Luck
Sven

P.S. You might want to add Canada as another listing place. There are thousands of buyers and sellers up here as well.
And they don't mind paying the extra to have items shipped from the US. Shipping to Canada really is no different than within the US.
Only a simple 2 minute or less Customs Form to fill out. Have to tell you, many detectorists buy from the US as dealers don't stock the machines
or accessories or you just can't get them up here. And you would be surprised how many hard to find items, searchcoils etc. you can't seem to find in the US
can be found up here.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 11:59AM by Sven1.
June 11, 2013 02:56PM
Added link to your site at www.canadianmetaldetecting.com forum. Hope the site will be interesting many guys and gals here in Canada. Especially after your last update, enabling UK and Canada support.
Thanks!
June 12, 2013 01:56AM
Guys, quick update on Treasure Classifieds...

After receiving much feedback & suggestions, decided to go abroad. Hopefully, the website will offer the same convenience to other countries, just as it is here in the states. You can now Buy, Sell AND Trade in the US, Canada & the UK smiling smiley Additionally, users will be able to post Want Ads, within a few days time.

I thank you ALL for your advice, opinions & encouragement!

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 02:02AM by njnydigger.
June 14, 2013 10:34AM
Ok, guys, great news!!!

After hearing your suggestions, there have been many changes made to the classifieds site, all of which should make transactions a LOT more user friendly smiling smiley First...

As I previously mentioned, the site now has the capability to accept ads from the US, Canada AND the UK!

Second, members now have the ability to post a WANT AD for a specific piece of equipment they are seeking, aside from being able to simply SELL & TRADE.

Lastly, we've implemented a feedback/ratings system, whereby any member; buyer, seller or trader, can be graded utilizing a simple 5 star system. A member's feedback score is averaged out each time they make a deal. Additionally, one can leave a comment if they wish, detailing specific notes on a transaction.

I hope you all have the opportunity to use the site, and enjoy the new system!

Joe
June 14, 2013 11:25AM
Great site and was needed. Some sites has so many rules it's hard to keep track of all the do's and don'ts before you can post a for sale item.
Thanks for making it available.
June 14, 2013 10:41PM
Signed up.
June 15, 2013 02:16PM
Thanks for setting up a great new site. Received the free T-shirt in the mail yesterday...looks nice. Thanks!

Charles