Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eurotek Pro observations

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Eurotek Pro observations
June 08, 2013 12:02PM
Eurotek Pro with 8” concentric coil:
· Any target that can be detected with a sensitivity setting of 10 can, in most cases, be detected at a setting of 6 if the depth is less than 6”
· Dime size targets at 6” deep would quit giving an audio if the sensitivity level is dropped to 6
Very surprising observation: (There is a fine line for the audio cut off of dime size targets)
· The default setting of 7,0,7 was an adequate setting for each location I visited
· When hunting in an area where there are many iron nails a volume setting of 11 will allow a very soft, low volume audio to indicate iron is present
· In clean ground (not much trash or nails) with coins and relics buried up to 4” deep the concentric coil will give an audio if the target is anywhere under the coil
· In clean ground (not much trash or nails) with coins and relics deeper than 5” you should overlap about ½ the diameter of the coil in order to get a consistent audio response
· Most locations the machine would run at sensitivity 10 with no EMI problems
· When EMI was high (overhead power lines and transformers), a sensitivity level of 8 will allow quiet operation, I never had to go below this setting to quiet the machine down
· Small rusted iron items (nails) co-located with non-ferrous targets tend to cause the ID numbers to average up
· Larger rusted items located with non-ferrous targets tend to bring the ID numbers down, but large iron items would still give a high tone but the iron icon would flash alerting me of the presence of iron
· Target ID numbers are very accurate on coin size targets, most cases I could identify coins prior to digging them up
Eurotek with 11” DD coil:
· Provides better coverage and responses in trashy areas
· Will be a bit more noisy in trashy areas
· More susceptible to EMI issues
· Better depth than the 8” concentric coil even with lower sensitivity settings
· Better detection of targets that are very close to each other
· Target ID numbers are very accurate on coin size targets, most cases I could identify coins prior to digging them up
Re: Eurotek Pro observations
June 08, 2013 12:34PM
That's a very good report!! How's the battery life with it? And also what's the deepest target you've dug? Also what's your soil conditions? Sorry for so many questions but I have kinda been intrigued by them since they hit the market.
June 08, 2013 03:51PM
Here's a link to the manual:
[cdn.metaldetector.com]
Battery life is given as 20 - 25 hours using an alkaline battery.
June 08, 2013 04:57PM
I get about 20 on a battery.
6" dime so far.
One special note: The places I'm hunting are behind the Etrac, V3i and Fisher F75 LTD.
These machine have cleaned out about all the deeper targets.
My ground is on average 60 to 80 ground balance according to the LTD.

But still a very fun machine to use and the iron volume feature is super around old home site.
June 08, 2013 05:29PM
Seems just like more of the same..wuld like to see something different it is about time.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 09, 2013 01:33AM
Thanks Mark for the report,

For under $300 bucks it's one yet of a deal, Enjoying mine more and more each trip out.

Thanks again for sharing,
Paul (Ca)