Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Galveston shipwreck found

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Galveston shipwreck found
July 26, 2013 07:00PM
looks amazing!!!

of course they have given erronous info to the news media..and say its 150 miles out then 175 miles out.

on source says over 4000 ft
[www.youtube.com]

Another says about 3000 ft...
[www.youtube.com]

I see they keep with the 1800 time frame.In one frame shot off another video I see a definite pile of ENGLISH onion bottles. and thats a solid 1705-1720 time frame for the style.

thats what they are excited about ..they have a real early shipwreck on their hands I do believe ..Those bottles right there are no 1800 time frame...

I have read up on the find's a little and it seems they have 3 wrecks in the vicinity. I think maybe one or two are 1800's by what they are showing in the vidoe's.yet the one video shows the onion's and they drive the time back another 100 years.I am thinking they are really excited abot what they have discovered.

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 07:01PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Galveston shipwreck found
July 26, 2013 07:20PM
WAY COOL!! Looks like fishing line in the picture, Keith, or is that a sea creature.
Hope we can get an update on the story after the remove the artifacts.
Some real good fishing down there, been there dozens of times back in the 70's and 80's. Seen some big tiger sharks pulled from there, bulls too.
Re: Galveston shipwreck found
July 27, 2013 03:06PM
On the local news here every night....yup 3 wrecks....maybe 4....way cool....more to the story....we'll see!!