Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manual GB of 1

Posted by seinohio 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Manual GB of 1
November 17, 2009 09:04PM
Trying to GB here on the beach in SC. Auto GB (FastGrab), of course, does not work so I tried to manually GB. Far back of the actual surf, but several feet from the sand dumes (toward the surf) the sand is still wet from high tide. I had quite a time trying to GB the F75 (standard model). After rereading the manual several times to ensure I was properly gb'ing the detector, I tried again, and could only get a neutral (equal both directions on raising and lowering the coil) or silent GB tone at a numerical value of 0 or 1. I could find no targets (this beach is extremely clean as verified by comments by other detectorists) to verify its operation. However, back at our villa (only, perhaps, 1/4 mile from the beach) the F75 GB'd at 75, and, a coin on the ground would easily and loudly respond with correct ID. With such a low value, could this mean the F75 may not be effective?
Absolutely not
November 18, 2009 01:40AM
You need to try these settings.
All metal mode
threshold -2
sen 70
and yes GB may be somewhere from 0 to 1 remember there's 5 values between each number.
watch video
[www.youtube.com]
Re: Manual GB of 1
November 18, 2009 01:41AM
In Florida..... the F75 will Grnd Bal at '0' only......... and it's actually on the lower-end of '0'. (There are multiple increments per digit). This is normal for the T2/F75...... but these units are only 'average' performers on the wet-salt beaches. Your better choice for the beach would be a CZ or higher-end Minelabs.