Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is It Possible To "Overdrive" The F-75 LTD

Posted by morelicdetector 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is It Possible To "Overdrive" The F-75 LTD
November 19, 2009 03:07AM
I have found at sens 90 disc 0, 2 tones, in BP mode that the signal seems broken. The last time out with it, all the targets I dug sounded iffy, even a .69 cal round ball at 4 inches!!!! Also alot of small non-ferrous targets would only sound good moving the coil 1 way over the target. I went to DE mode and it seemed to settle down some. Even shotgun shell butts would only give a good tone when the coil was moved 1 way over them, even thou they were deep. In air tests I have noticed that at sens on 50 in BP mode is alot louder than the DE mode. Being new to this machine, should I run the sens lower to gain better target signals, then work my way up in sens? My F-70 runs alot smoother in SL mode at sens set at 90 and air tests the same depth as the F-75 LTD in sens 50 with the BP mode........
Re: Is It Possible To "Overdrive" The F-75 LTD
November 20, 2009 12:24AM
This is EXACTLY my experience with the F75 LTD at high SENS in BP mode. I've found much better performance with the LTD usng much lower sensitivities, I mean MUCH lower sensitivities. Put your SENS=45 and listen to the audio...it's much cleaner and more descriptive of what's underground. The VID is still way off, but I like to hunt like I did in the 90's using my ML Sovereign... audio only. Build a test bed then study; there is no excuse for not making a test bed of known targets.
November 20, 2009 02:15AM
Ground mineralization and/or tons of iron flakes will cause exactly this problem. If this is happening in many areas that you hunt.....you may have other (unit) problems.
November 20, 2009 12:56PM
Tom, the highest reading on my Fe0 is .3 in some places. I've found that in one place that I hunt that all of my machines don't have the depth, even the Tejon drives me nuts there. I have found that all metal mode on the LTD is smoother, but tiresome to watch the meter all the time. I have a test bed that I use and the ground at my house is .03 on the Fe0 meter. All targets are at 6 inches and the LTD has no problems there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 12:59PM by morelicdetector.
November 20, 2009 10:22PM
Sounds like dirt problems (or EMI). Makes me feel better. Your unit is not defective.
November 21, 2009 03:31AM
This is my First Post and I would like to thank you, Tom, for providing this site and your time to the the hobby.

I detect in West Tenn. with fairyly mild soil. Have been using the F75 and F70 for 2 years. With the F75LTD ground minerialization reads higher in BP mode. Very similar to running JE, but with even more small ferrious items being seen. Afer starting at a 70 - 80 and BP, I usually end the hunt at 40 or 50. I have been in rural areas that don't have much if any RF interference and still see an increase in mineralization. It also seems to me that if you stop swinging the coil or center in on the target the mineralization settles down. As a disclaimer I have only been hunting 5 times with the LTD.

Again, thanks for your great site.
HH
Fred
November 22, 2009 11:49AM
Welcome!...and you are welcome. I think, in time, you will naturally start to mentally calibrate to the boosted performance of the Ltd..... and find yourself running Sens a bit higher........even at the end of the day.