Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PF vs JE at ZERO discrim

Posted by 19beavers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PF vs JE at ZERO discrim
November 22, 2009 05:43PM
Here in the UK

The settings I use are 0 discrim, sens. as high as I can get away with, and either pf or je mode - the ground in this part of the country gb's from 40 - 60 on average.

I would say that JE is definatley more sensitive (it finds smaller stuff), than PF with these settings however probably not any deeper.

Would you agree ?
Re: PF vs JE at ZERO discrim
November 23, 2009 11:44PM
On most objects.... the 'je' mode is not any deeper...UNLESS, the objects are quite small (BB from air-rifle size....or smaller).... then the 'je' mode is substantially deeper vs 'pf' mode.
November 24, 2009 03:57PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On most objects.... the 'je' mode is not any
> deeper...UNLESS, the objects are quite small (BB
> from air-rifle size....or smaller).... then the
> 'je' mode is substantially deeper vs 'pf' mode.

First, let's talk about "On most objects". Tom, can I assume most would be classified as coin targets down to a half dime size? Since I don't like digging for 22 bullets or smaller, the je mode would only be useful for hunting small gold nuggets or jewelry, correct?
Best possible mode would then be DE mode, disc 0, sensitivity 99, correct?
November 24, 2009 04:16PM
When you are relic hunting a very old place you should not pass on any good target no matter what mode you are in...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Absolutely
November 24, 2009 06:20PM
Absolutely, always
November 24, 2009 07:58PM
In the UK some of the medieval coinage is very small - say 1/4 inch across and only wafer thin. I find JE to be very good for finding this.
Sounds like the half dimes over here
November 24, 2009 08:57PM
Sounds like the half dimes over here, but the dimes are not that thin unless worn out.
Re: Sounds like the half dimes over here
November 25, 2009 01:27AM
Yes, 'je' mode is for air-rifle BB size..... and/or smaller.
That would explain
November 25, 2009 01:35AM
That would expain why the machine was so active the other day. I went hunting at an old school where I had found some good coins this past summer. I went with the intentions of running in JE mode, Disc 2-4 and Sens at 90. The machine was expremely noisy with a lot of pops, crackels, falsing etc. This area has a lot of small pieces of iron which JE mode really brought to life. I'm hoping to go back this week and this time I'm using DE mode, disc 2 or lower and sens at 90 if possible.
Re: That would explain
November 25, 2009 01:44AM
There is no depth gain/performance on coins whilst in 'je' mode.