Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD as a jewelery hunter

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD as a jewelery hunter
December 05, 2009 05:41AM
With gold hovering around $1200 an ounce, I thought I'd see how the F75 LTD would be as a jewelery hunter by hitting some fresh water lake beaches and tot-lots to test what combination of settings was the most effective.

After trying JE, DE, PF and BP modes, along with the various tone settings, I think I came up with a winner - boost mode with 2F tones and if possible, disc 0 (with nothing notched). I found the way boost mode enhances the audio and holds the tones longer then the other modes, coupled with 2F tones to be highly effective. Although I (unfortunately) didn't find any spectacular jewelery finds, using this combination found this chain at 4" deep in the wet sand, and it wasn't bunched up either, it was strung out length wise and with the above combination it sounded off well, but with any other settings I wouldn't have dug it (bummer it turned out to be a junker ). Unfortunately all the jewelery pretty much all turned out to be junk (my heat skipped a few beats when I pulled out that nitro studded white "gold" heart pendant!), but it proved that if there was something there, it was going to find it. I dug anything above iron, and it was highly sensitive to small bits of foil, and other tiny objects like the silver earring back, which sounded off like a "big" target in boost mode.

Link to finds pic:

[www.findmall.com]
Re: F75 LTD as a jewelery hunter
December 05, 2009 08:07AM
Concur.

Exactly.

Disc '0', Sens '99', nothing notched, Grnd Bal if required, 'bp' process, ('cl' process even better if you can tolerate/understand the exceptionally slow response),,, and a F1 - F7 freq that presents the most stability with these max settings.

Tom