Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thoughts about the CZ3D with pics.....

Posted by yardhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thoughts about the CZ3D with pics.....
December 09, 2009 04:41AM
Thoughts about the CZ3d with pics......
Posted by: yardhunter
Date: 12/08/2009 11:39PM

I have no problem with the new "F" model detectors out there, but, I'm very impressed with the CZ3D the Nasa Tom helped develop. I use to have a CZ5 & sold it very quickly after realizing the IH's, & other early American small silver came in on mid-tones.
Not this baby......

Also, I take pretty good pride & pinpointing targets to avoid lot's of useless digging. I don't get 'em right all the time, but, I've noticed when the target is in the plug or straight down in the ground..it's almost always a good target. See the flat spot ( near the top ) in the pic below:

When it's in the plug or straight down, I get excited. When I have to put the bullseye in the hole & run it along the sides of the hole to find the target, it's almost always a large nail. I have found more nails than coins using the bullseye pinpionter. The CZ3D is deadly accurate in pinpointing once you catch on how to use it. Getting use to the nail hits does take a little trime, however, I grew up from the ol' school & don't mind digging a few nails if I believe it's a good signal.

Here's another example of a wheatie in the plug...it was only about 3" down & the CZ literally blast me out of the headphones when I heard it.

See it in the pic below: ( Towards the middle right )

Love seeing that needle pointed to the right in the pic below:

Here's all the targets found in about 3 hours......

I've found silver here before, but none on this trip.....and that's with finding 22 wheaties and one 1881 IH ( it came in as high tone ) there....
And, most of the targets came from the left side of the yard below:

Place is sitting on a rock foundation, so I'm guessing it's built around 1900.

Later on that day....I stopped by an area where a sidewalk has been torn out in an town that's been around for 200+ years. The dirt was thrown upon the bank near the rock sidewalk.
Here's what the place looked like:

This is what screamed at me within the 1st three minutes:

WOW!! That's the 1st capped bust half dime I've found since Sept 1991 & it's a beauty! It rang in on high tone, something I'm not sure would have happened with the CZ5. So...I'm pleased with this detector & now use it exclusively when coinhunting. It's a killer detector for older U.S coins which is what I love to search for.
If you're interested in an analog detector, the CZ3D could be a very wise choice in a detector.
Just my little ol' opinion.....

Good luck hunting...........see ya mark

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 04:49AM by yardhunter.
Re: Thoughts about the CZ3D with pics.....
December 09, 2009 04:34PM
the CZ 3 is a great detector and deep but it is slow when you use a F75 My CZ3 has a real hard time in iron but in trash with the little coil it really works great...I had to pick a backup to the F75 but then I got the LTD so now I have the LTD F75 and my CZ3 for EMI...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!