Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Its been a rough 3 weeks for me and my family

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Its been a rough 3 weeks for me and my family
September 23, 2013 10:20PM
My father and youngest daughter was involved in a head on collision 3 weeks ago and He suffered all broken ribs and shattered sternum and punctured Liver.....My daughter was virtually unharmed sitting right beside him in the front seat..she just has some minor injury's yet it was more impact on her side than my father's...

He was awake when I got to him at the E.R. Trauma center and spoke/prayed with him briefly before He passed out from the pain...He never regained conscious again after the surgery...He went down hill from there...finally getting a septic infection and other infections too...

We as a family had to decide this weekend to take him off life support...Hardest thing I ever did in my life...He passed once off the ventilator within 12 minute's...

He was 79 and had a full life...He was a Marine for 30 years retired, and also retired from General Motor's and was an ordained minister with a masters degree in theology...
And was my best friend in the world...

I tell you this to remind people of just how short and dear life is...Never take anything for granted...If you have your father still be blessed and count your blessing's...If you don't I know your sorrow...

Keith
Re: Its been a rough 3 weeks for me and my family
September 23, 2013 10:44PM
Sorry to hear that Keith you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers my friend!! God Bless You All!!
September 23, 2013 10:48PM
Will be sending prayers for you and your family. Lost my father about 15 years ago.
September 23, 2013 10:52PM
Lost my father to a long battle with cancer when I was 19. I totally agree that it is a tough loss to deal with, I feel your pain, and your anguish. Know that he is happy, and loved you as much as you him. Hang on to the moments, they give me some comfort when I need it most. Now, I would not wish on you the worst loss, which I experienced just over two years ago now. I acutally started metal detecting as a hobby to take my mind out of thinking mode. Anyone who has lost a child knows what I mean. I lost a daughter at 23 months old, and she was my heart, and always will be. A life unlived is something that just cannot be understood, no matter your faith, or understanding.

God Bless you, and your family. I will pray for you all.

Orlando
September 23, 2013 11:22PM
I am sorry for your loss Keith! I work with my dad every day and cant imagine him not being here...My prayers will be sent to you and your family....
September 23, 2013 11:22PM
So sorry for you loss Keith. I know what pain you are going thru as I had to make that decision with my momma. I gain comfort in knowing that heaven received another angel that day, so maybe it will comfort you that another angel reached heaven when your father passed. God Bless you and your family and I am glad that your daughter is doing well.
September 23, 2013 11:48PM
Sorry for your loss...Just know he'll always be with you and try to think of the good times u had with him! Paul
September 23, 2013 11:49PM
Keith: I;m really sorry to hear your terrible news! I wasn't very close to my Dad, but I wished I would have been. I swore if I ever had children, I would never not be close to mine. I can only the pain you and you family feel. Prayers sent to you and your family. Tony

"A Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"
September 23, 2013 11:51PM
I am so sorry Keith. You and your family did the right thing. He is at peace now. Thank goodness your daughter is fine.

God bless and thank you for all you have done helping us learn about all the new units you use and try out.
September 23, 2013 11:57PM
Keith,

I am sorry to hear about your dad! We'll be praying for you and your family in for the Lord to send healing grace for broken hearts. I know how it is to be in those positions where a family member is hurting and medical stuff has reached the end to what it can do for them. I've lost 3 grandparents over the last few yrs to cancer and watched them wither away to nothing. My grandpa was a good size fella, like me....probably weighed about 260 lbs and stood about 6' tall. By the time he passed, he had went down to 150 some odd pounds. And in all 3 cases, they were barely recognizable. It's hard giving them up down here, but if they were ready to go, then they are better now than they ever where down here.
September 23, 2013 11:58PM
Prayers for you and your family...very sorry to hear of your loss.
September 24, 2013 12:07AM
Keith I will continue to think about and pray for you and your family.

Tom in SC
September 24, 2013 12:09AM
I'm so sorry to hear your dad did not recover Keith. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, and I pray your daughter recovers from the emotional impact of the tragedy. Ray
September 24, 2013 12:29AM
I am soory for your ....loss...........I went through the same thing ...with my Mom...had to make a Choice...to take her off Life support......man what a Nightmare it was...Seems like there would be a easier way!
September 24, 2013 12:42AM
I am so sorry Keith.
I had thought your father was recovering since the last time I heard from you.
Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
So sorry for your loss Keith.
September 24, 2013 12:53AM
I pray the good Lord will help comfort your family and help mend your broken hearts. I lost my dad in 2008 to stomach cancer and I still can't bring myself to think about it without getting a sinking feeling in my chest. I know the only thing that comforted my dad during his sickness was God's word and I read it to him daily. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers and just remember that God rewards his faithful servants and take solace in the fact that your dad was prepared for his homecoming.

Shane
September 24, 2013 01:22AM
I lost my father when I was 18 to cancer. He was only 45. There is so much of my life he never got to see. I completely understand your loss. God bless you and yours.
Re: So sorry for your loss Keith.
September 24, 2013 01:24AM
Wow! Speechless!

Sometimes were are NOT allowed to know "why".

((( Hold your youngest daughter..... a lot )))!!!
September 24, 2013 01:51AM
Keith he will be by your side detecting and your family to help protect them..I think he took the hit in the car to save your daughtors life...god bless you brother

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 24, 2013 02:11AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Keith --- losing a loved one/family member is never an easy thing to deal with.

Wishing you & yours all the best and as little emotional stress as possible during your grieving.

MRH
September 24, 2013 02:12AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My father and youngest daughter was involved in a
> head on collision 3 weeks ago and He suffered all
> broken ribs and shattered sternum and punctured
> Liver.....My daughter was virtually unharmed
> sitting right beside him in the front seat..she
> just has some minor injury's yet it was more
> impact on her side than my father's...
>
> He was awake when I got to him at the E.R. Trauma
> center and spoke/prayed with him briefly before He
> passed out from the pain...He never regained
> conscious again after the surgery...He went down
> hill from there...finally getting a septic
> infection and other infections too...
>
> We as a family had to decide this weekend to take
> him off life support...Hardest thing I ever did in
> my life...He passed once off the ventilator within
> 12 minute's...
>
> He was 79 and had a full life...He was a Marine
> for 30 years retired, and also retired from
> General Motor's and was an ordained minister with
> a masters degree in theology...
> And was my best friend in the world...
>
> I tell you this to remind people of just how short
> and dear life is...Never take anything for
> granted...If you have your father still be blessed
> and count your blessing's...If you don't I know
> your sorrow...
>
> Keith

i will light a candle for your father in church!
god has taken him home!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 24, 2013 02:21AM
My deepest sympathies to you and your Family Keith. My God remember you all , and give strength in these trying times.
September 24, 2013 02:38AM
Keith, Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. He will be greatly missed but he will spiritually always be by your side for you to lean on. You have many, many treasured times and memories with him. He is in a much better place now. Thank God that your daughter is ok. I will pray for you and your family. Take care, Steve
September 24, 2013 02:48AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Keith, my dad left the same way a few years ago, he was a Marine in WW 2. One has to really respect those who saw action in defence of our freedom.
I guess the only consolation and at the same time tremendous joy is knowing that one day all believers will be together in eternity! Instead of "no joy" it will be "ALL JOY" !
And even better yet, we won't have to search for treasure anymore!
September 24, 2013 04:10AM
I wondered what you were up to Keith sorry about your loss, would like to say nice job to your Father didn't know him but he did a fine job raising you. You have all way's been here for us and we are here for you! Godspeed strength for you & your family! rr7
September 24, 2013 04:16AM
So very sorry to hear of your great loss Keith.-----My wife & I will hold you & your family up in prayer.---------God Bless, Del & Patsy
September 24, 2013 04:55AM
My heart and prayers will be towards you and your family...John
September 24, 2013 05:35AM
I am very sorry for the loss your family is enduring Keith. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

Steve Herschbach
September 24, 2013 06:32AM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family Keith on the loss of your father.

I lost my dad this year..the night after celebrating his 94th birthday. He told me he was ready to go..but still .. it's not easy for us to let them go.

Joe
September 24, 2013 07:03AM
Thinking about you Keith, and praying for you and your family.

Tom