Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Problems hunting a very trashy area.

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Problems hunting a very trashy area.
September 27, 2013 05:30AM
I went to an old race track dating back to 1935 today and experienced a difficult day detecting with my Explorer SE pro with the 8x6 SEF coil. The area I hunted was extremely trashy. I was getting a lot of coin hits but most of them were trash. You couldn't move 6 inches to a foot without getting a lot of signals. I found I could isolate a good coin sound but the coil would keep sounding off as you swung your coil higher and higher. sometimes as high as a foot or more above the target. I had my settings at sensitivity 26 semi auto. Disc at 22 and swung low and very slow. A lot of the signals were 7 to 8 inches deep; Should I lower my sensitivity lower? Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Maybe I should switch to my AT PRO with a small coil. Thanks in advance.
Re: Problems hunting a very trashy area.
September 27, 2013 12:21PM
Yes , switch to the at with small coil, or try your T2 with the 5" coil. That 5" er will get down 7-8 "
September 27, 2013 03:34PM
lifting up your coil and still getting a good hit sounds like a big target...Smaller coil try the AT GOLD with the small coil and cherry pick the area

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 28, 2013 03:28AM
You have the right detector . Not sure how long you've been using it, but the best advice I can give is swing extremely slow hitting the trash from all different angles. You really have to be in the zone..concentration...in this scenario. Me and my buddies used to hit a ghetto park everyone calls Wino park. I would use the Sovereign and all of them swung explorers. Somedays the noise is just to much. But when your in the zone, lots of great coins came out of there. Try going really, really slow. Ray
September 29, 2013 12:54AM
Thanks for all the input. I realize that still getting a signal as you raise your coil usually means a large target. But I am able to get very high above the target every where I get a target. More than a foot I believe the trash is so dense that my coil being an 8X6 SEF coil is too large and no matter how slow I sweep I am getting to many signals underneath the coil. I think the solution is a 5 inch coil. I will be trying that in the next couple days and report back on the results.
September 29, 2013 01:24AM
I think you'll love that 5.