Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I love reading and talking about the F75

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I love reading and talking about the F75
December 17, 2009 07:51PM
I truly love reading and talking about the F75. There are so many different ground conditions in the world to contend with, but the F75 has what it takes to adapt. You only have to experiment for your area. What works fantastic in Florida, might not work for every location in Virginia, Maryland etc. My area holds three different ground conditions of which require different settings (mode, sensitivity, discrimination, ground balance, frequency or a combination of two or more) on my F75 to perform well. At one of my locations, I have to run in all metal (not much trash, but high FEO readings) to get the full amount of performance from my machine.

People…try this next time you take your 75 for a hunting trip. Set it up in your usual way, and then turn the sensitivity down until it just goes quiet. Then hunt. Listen for the lower volume beeps (possible deeper targets). When you locate one, start experimenting with the settings until you find the right combination that brings in the best target response.

Example:

If I am at a new site and locate what I think is a good deep target, I might, before digging, do one of the following until I find just the right setting.

1. I always start by lowering the discrimination and listening to see if it helps with the sound of the target. (Remember sound)

2. Next I usually increase the sensitivity (did it help or hurt with the sound)
3. I also change my sweep speed and angle of the coil to the target.

4. As a final test on the target, I will switch to all metal, and listen and watch the TID to see if it matched what the discrimination mode indicated.

I have to admit I do not analyze each target, but it really helps with happy hunting, especially if it is a new site.
Re: I love reading and talking about the F75
December 18, 2009 12:24AM
I just joined this board and the main reason I did is because I love the knowledge that is presented here. I have had my F70 since March but I have been exclusively a Fisher man since 1985. There were some trying times early on with this detector but this board has been the primary reason I have stuck it out and I am glad I did. I can't thank Tom and everyone else enough.
Re: I love reading and talking about the F75
December 18, 2009 01:51AM
Mark,

That's good info.... and well worth the time to repeat..... especially with folks of whom recently acquired a F75.