Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Inland Coin Dvd

Posted by yorkshire_rich 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Inland Coin Dvd
January 08, 2008 12:20AM
Hi Tom

Your dvd arrived today and i just finished watching it for the first time.I'm sure i will be re-watching it over and over.
The chatter from the CZ was reassuring to hear/see- this is exactly what my CZ-5 was doing when i thought i had a fault(first time i encountered a trashy area of parkland).The pinpoint tip with the coil edge was excellent and the various features on sweep speed will definately improve my skills.
Your explanation of the CZ's tones and the real world demonstration of their differences was something i was needing to both hear and see.
The best parts of the video were your finds and the way you were obviously thrilled and excited....priceless!

Marks out of 10......10/10. Big Thumbs Up.

Rich (England)
Re: Inland Coin Dvd
January 08, 2008 02:19AM
THANKS Rich! ...... I tried NOT to focus on a particular brand of detector in the DVD, so as to target more hunters/detectorists. I think you will like (as I have been told by many) watching it the 2nd time.... as you will naturally/subconsciously be more tuned to the smaller/finite details.

THANKS for the feedback!

Tom
Kas
February 01, 2008 09:36PM
I received the video today and watched it. Picked up a few good tips. Especially the double beep being a coin on edge. I was surprised at the difference the slow sweeping made with multiple targets. I also liked the real hunting, and your excitement with the finds you made. I never goes away, does it. Also, never thought about taking back up parts, good point.

I'd like to see a vid with more technical info. But I'm a nerd like that. Take me inside the box and show me the componates.
I think you presented it well, Tom.
One observation:

Seems to me at certain points you were reading from que cards. Didn't look quite as relaxed versus just talking from your experience. I may be wrong about the cards. smiling smiley

Ken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2008 11:37PM by Kas.
February 21, 2008 07:13AM
No que cards. Next DVD will be a bit more technical due to many requests.
March 01, 2008 01:44AM
I just recieved my new VID...just wanted to thank you tom for a job well done..I am just 3 months into metal detecting with my new F75..I wanted a unit I could grow into and hunt Relics with..The video is a big help with the form and target seperation..I plan on watching it over and over just so I dont miss something...thanks james...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2008 01:46AM by liquid1.
March 01, 2008 01:57AM
I think every TH'er should have one of Tom's DVD's to gain some of his knowledge and frankly just to have something great to watch when there's a foot of the snow on the ground like there is here in Northern Ohio right now and "cabin fever" is at it's peak!
March 01, 2008 04:23AM
You are most certainly welcome. And, as you can see, the 4-tone audio and all of the info in the DVD is DIRECTLY related to your F-75....by no accident. Geophysics & concepts still apply. If only I could impart my 36 years of detecting experience into all others.... for their base-platform unto which they could grow from this starting-point. It bothers me to see someone enter this totally fascinating hobby.... only to have the incorrect tools,,, and 'ditch' the hobby..... never once experiencing the "Thrill-of-the-Find".
Your F-75 is better for relics vs. a CZ....... assuming you are in nail infested sites.

Tom
March 01, 2008 06:35AM
Thanks Tom, yea the tones sounded alot like my F75..I really liked the part where you totally explained how to get a good manual ground balance..I live here in the Charlotte nc / Lake norman nc region..lots of red and dark clay and Iron ore..
I normally will fast grab..But it might pay off sometimes for me to get a better manual GB..My first Big Relic hunt will be tommorow and I know watching the vid will help a bunch..I plan on giving the F75 a good work out I just changed my first set of Batterys..james
March 02, 2008 12:09PM
James,
Good luck on that relic hunt...and let us know how you do.
March 02, 2008 02:54PM
Tom it was a awesome hunt..pulled alot of we think 100 year old wagon parts up some tools and old cut nails and parts of a Iron kettle..My dad was amazed..Very good relic and antique hunt..I found myself using your techniques ..good stuff..thanks james
March 03, 2008 02:05AM
Great! Glad to hear it. Congrat's!

Tom