Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Guys, help me out. I don't know what to do

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Guys, help me out. I don't know what to do
January 14, 2014 05:49PM
I ordered a pair of Chefphones from the Chefphoneplace in Britain. I ordered on December the 18th. I is 4 days away from being one month and I have received no phones. Not tracking number. This place is run by a fellow metal detectorist (I think?) named Geoff. In our correspondence, he has given me no reason to believe that he is nothing but a gentleman. I go check the mailbox everyday, thinking "This will be the day!" and I get that sinking feeling. I have had that feeling before. He said that he despatched the on December the 20th. I asked for a tracking number but he said that he opted, due to extra cost, to use the Airmail provided by Royal Mail that has no tracking number. It would be extremely embaraasing for me to open up a Paypal "case" on a gentleman and fellow detectorist. I am perplexed as to what to do. What would y'all do? I just feel that my hands are tied. I REALLY think that Geoff is a good person. But without a tracking number, I cannot tell if they have even reached US soil and are being held in customs. They woould have made it to US soil is a couple of days....as I have ordered ALOT of stuff pertaining to air guns and metal detectors from the UK. I was always given a tracking number even when the cheapest mode of shipping was used. Let me re-sate.....THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE feedback towards Geoff and his company. But I feel STRONGLY, and even in spite of the holidays, that my head phones should have arrived. Ithink that he says on his website to allow 7 days for overseas orders. Well, it's been WAY more than seven days. And this is POST-holiday time. This is a very sensitive situation because it involves another human beings reputation and I wouldn't want to be guilty of messing up his business. I have emailed several times and he assures me that they were despatched (mailed) on December the 20th of 2013. kevin
Re: Guys, help me out. I don't know what to do
January 14, 2014 06:13PM
It's the seller's responsibility to ensure that you receive the goods - his obligations are not completed until you do. If you don't receive the headphones in a reasonable amount of time then the liability is his clearly. Assuming he's truthful about having shipped them it still doesn't get him off the hook for safe delivery. The financial loss resulting from non-arrival of the headphones - if there is one - is his. Hopefully they will turn up after some delay. If they don't hopefully he had the good sense to insure the shipment. At least that way he can recover his loss under the insurance.

Given that there are two national postal services plus United States customs involved in getting this to you I think it would be reasonable to allow a month before you go through PayPal to make a claim – that's assuming I'm right about you having 45 days to do so.

This is also why I never buy anything and pay via PayPal gift. I'll gladly shoulder the three or 3 1/2% extra cost in order to have the protection of opening a dispute in PayPal for nondelivery of goods or of goods being grossly different than were represented by the seller.

Having said all that in many many transactions I've always been fortunate – I've dealt with honest people and the delivery methods they chose got the goods to me in a reasonable amount time.
January 14, 2014 06:13PM
Geoff uses UK forums quite a bit, he seems perfectly trustworthy. I'm not so sure our Royal Mail is as reliable. Ask him if he obtained 'proof of postage', this may be useful if a claim for loss needs to be made against Royal Mail. I think there would be some modest insurance cover included in the standard charge, though it may only be 50 GB pounds. Also, did he put a return address on the package? If for whatever reason the item wasn't deliverable, it might make it back to him (somehow?).
January 14, 2014 06:42PM
I ordered a pair of music earbuds from the UK before off of amazon that were shipped with Royal Mail. They took close to a month to arrive.
January 14, 2014 07:35PM
Hope things work out Kevin, I haven't ordered much from over sea's but think one month is kind of a long time to recieve something. Seems there should be some kind of tracking on your package.
January 14, 2014 08:10PM
Thanks guys. I am going to give it some more time......and then see what happens. I don't want to let my 45 days time limit for claims pass me by but hopefully, it won't be needed. I have a good feeling that they
ll come through.
January 14, 2014 08:24PM
I ran in to this with another UK order but miraculously it arrived well over a month after I had ordered the item. It was on a metal detector cover for my E-Trac. I could only speculate on why it took "way" too long for me to get it. Maybe customs got a hold on it...smiling smiley Best of luck Kevin!...John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 08:24PM by tracyjm.
January 14, 2014 08:37PM
I would do a claim!...................you can aways, cancel it....does not hurt anybody.
January 14, 2014 09:46PM
Never dealth with the UK but one deal with Canada took well over a month...customs can be a major problem especially after 9-11....as one fellow already stated its the senders responsibility and seller must have some documentation even though no tracking #....your call how long you wait to file a claim I would think as you have more info than the forum members and good luck. Always think twice before I deal out of the U.S. and certainly circumstances would have a bearing...
January 14, 2014 10:33PM
Isn't this the 2nd item in like the last couple months or so that you've had problems with Kev??

The digger/shovel last time - did you ever get that issue resolved?

You gotta quit ordering from "unknowns" and risking your $$!

Hope it's just a mix up or shipping delay of some sort and that it gets resolved quickly for you.

Keep us posted,

HH

MRH
January 14, 2014 11:04PM
Oh yes, I corrected my last post about the guy that runs the Miliary Surplus. It was a month in coming....or more. And it came fed ex, even though the statement said UPS ground. I then got online and typed the name of his place into Google and seems there were alot of people who ordered and either never recieved their order or it eventually showed up on their doorstep. But I pulled that post I made back up and stated the facts correctly....for the sake of the man and his business. It was the least I could do. But yes, the I looked up on my front porch when I was driving up the driveway and there was a package. I went a retrieved it.....it was the shovel. Used it today as a matter of fact.
But these Chef[hones and the guy who sells them is not an unknown, at least on the DEUS FORUM on another forum. In fact.....there is an entire thread (I found it today after making this post) about several guys who have ordered and are still waiting after a couple of months. I posted my situation on there. Being VERY careful not to libel the proprietor. And when I checked the thread later, one of the guys who had been waiting since December 6 (or 8th?) finally got his today. So, I will come back and provide acuurate info and a good feedback for the man if my headphones makes it to my house.
But yes, you are correct. I should be more careful and do more research. But he (and his product) was recommended by the guy where I bought the Deus.
January 14, 2014 11:23PM
Hi Kevin,,,It's only been about 20 days or less that your package has actually been moving through the postal service....If you don't receive it by the end of the week, I would get in touch with the guy....I would ask him to scan a copy of his postal receipt because you feel that something is not right and you feel that you should of receive your package by now...If he can not comply with your wishes then I would suspect that he's scamming you.....If he's running a business then he's probably on the level...If something happens to your package after he sends it out then the blame would not fall on him....But he has got to provide proof that he sent it out or else.......Good Luck....JJ
January 14, 2014 11:28PM
If its coming out of the U.K. Kevin Give it time...

a Month is not unhead of...

the U.S. postal service can hold things up for 2 weeks at a time or more...

Not sure what kind of contract UPS has but they can run a package through customs overnight..

the Post ofice just hangs on to it...

Keith
January 15, 2014 12:00AM
There is a chance that the pkg. was shipped by land and sea instead of the more expensive option (by air)....I sold a Minelab Sovereign to a fellow in Australia a couple of years ago and he wanted the cheapest form of shipping available - I think it took 10 weeks for the pkg to finally show on his doorstep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2014 02:24AM by DonM.
January 15, 2014 12:11AM
On the other end of things, I shipped an Infinium to the UK a few yrs ago, and it spent about 2-3 months in customs for the poor fella. There was nothing either of us could do about that; I made sure I had documentation for shipping and all that, and gave him photocopies of it to show that I wasn't lying about shipping it.
January 15, 2014 12:31AM
The package should have had tracking until it left the country. then it would stop. When it arrives here in the States, customs can hold it from a few hour to forever. This is not the fault of the shipper.
I always tell buyers over there that when I ship and it leaves our shore, my part of the deal is completed. You just never know when customs get their hands on a package what will happen. I do think there is a phone number that you can call but I do not have it.

good luck
Tom in SC
January 15, 2014 01:55AM
Any parcel detector I send from Canada to the US goes Expedited same as US Priority Mail. Tracked in Canada by Canada Post and then tracked in the US by USPS.
takes about 7-10 day delivery time. Parcels shipped to me from the US Priority Mail 5-7 days.

I shipped a couple detectors out to Australia. Because of the cost, went by sea, one took 2 months the other 3 months. Canada and Aussie Post tracked it all the way from Canada to his door step. Sat in customs for 2 weeks.

Had a detector come from China, believe it or not 10 days by Air. Anything I had coming from the UK took about 15 days to arrive, small parcel.
You never know about the mail service from one country to the next. Canada Post delivers quicker by air to Russia than to Thailand.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 17, 2014 04:43PM
Thanks guys. I can be patient, but I cannot let the 45 day Paypal limit pass me by. It is my only protection, and since I have never used it, I will be treading new ground. And to update matters, as of checking the mail yesterday, I still have not recieved mine. As stated earlier, there is an entire thread on the OTHER forum on the XP Deus sub-forum about the Chefphones place. The title has CP-6 Headphones in it. I am heading over there now and see what they are saying/doing. If it was 20 dollars, I might not be as ambitious in my quest for a solution. But it's 100 dollars. I am valiantly TRYING to remain patient. But I have order SO MUCH STUFF from the UK using all manner of their Royal Mail International Shipping and their was ALWAYS a tracking number!!!!! Even with the least expensive. But the proprietor of this company says that there was NO tracking number since he used the cheaper method of Airmail. That stament caused me to raise an eyebrow. But he re-iterated that he sent it on December 20. On that thread I was telling y'all about, Andy Sabisch came to his defence saying he is a good man and all, and that he has had some type sickness and to be kind to him. It was a blanket statement to all who are participating in the thread. We are all becoming frustrated. I have had US customs hold an item for 3 weeks......but it was from an air rifle parts place. But at least I had a tracking number to watch it as it was held in customs. Oh well. I'll just keep an eye on the calender.
Thanks for all of the replies.
January 18, 2014 12:19AM
I believe there is a dealer in oklahoma that sells chefphones. Cancel your paypal and buying from a US dealer is an option.