Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro Cazador

Posted by liaso 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro Cazador
February 05, 2014 07:33PM
Hi,

What news do you have about this new machine?will be the new Tesoro flagship? smiling smiley

Liaso
Re: Tesoro Cazador
February 05, 2014 11:24PM
No one knows anything yet :-/
February 06, 2014 03:13PM
Tesoro in the past has been very tight lipped about a new model release. The Cazador was the first time I had heard of the company wanting any feedback from customers.

When the time comes with the unveiling of the new model, until that moment, everything is just a wish or a guess.
February 06, 2014 05:13PM
This new model reminds me back when they released the Outlaw. I was the field tester for them, they sent me an Outlaw to put through its paces a couple weeks before they were put on the market. They are a good company and want to make sure everything is right before sales begin. This might be the case with the new Cazador I do not know but there very well could be someone out there testing one right now. I am not saying this just because I am a huge fan of Tesoro but I just have a feeling for some reason that this new Cazador is going to be a real winner.
February 06, 2014 05:53PM
Thanks guys,im sure will be an excellent detector,Tesoro makes very good (underrated) machines..
February 06, 2014 09:02PM
Hombre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tesoro in the past has been very tight lipped
> about a new model release. The Cazador was the
> first time I had heard of the company wanting any
> feedback from customers.
>
> When the time comes with the unveiling of the new
> model, until that moment, everything is just a
> wish or a guess.

There was a post on a forum by Tesoro i think requesting
Users what they want in a new Tesoro detector.

So this new machine more or less is a machine that had
People voting for the name with users requesting what
They wanted.

Strange thing is the gold ring i found and gold nuggets were
All with a Tesoro.

I suspect they may build the next generation digital coin
Detector.

A vaquero with 3 tone and iron volume would be awesome.

A gold pi detector would be superb because Tesoro would build it right.

A multi frequency waterproof tesoro would wake up tthe competition.
February 06, 2014 11:24PM
As I stated before Tesoro dances to the beat of a drum not in tune with other manufactures. Haven't had a good ID unit since the original Toltec 100 so lets hope their new unit is something along that line. Units can be reworked only so many times so new technology would be appreciated.
Having said the above Tesoro builds a good unit with super service after the sale and only time will tell.
PS: Looking over the last twenty years plus indeed most of my gold rings were found with one of their units...
February 06, 2014 11:42PM
I think the new machine will be a Euro Sabre with a different name :[)
February 07, 2014 12:16AM
Hope they have been spending their time wisely....push the envelope,dont just rebadge the same old ,same old.
February 07, 2014 12:37AM
Hungarian Wrote:
> I think the new machine will be a Euro Sabre with
> a different name :[)

Already has a name Cazador. They already have all the input of what we need and want in a detector. Will they deliver is the question.
And they did have a second detector for 2014 in the pipeline. Guess that one is a secret. So again speculation, we may see a new
Beep and Dig and a new TID machine. The next question is price point and performance and what it might do to sales of Tesoros other models.
Going to guess prices will be high not to reduce sales of the other models. Then it better be as good or better than Tesoros competitors. If so then Tesoro will see
a new influx of new customers who have the money to spend on a higher end machine pushing $1000. Guess Tesoro has it all figured out...............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 07, 2014 01:47AM
I don't think Tesoro will price most folks out of the market. I'm guessing the new detector will have a large VDI screen with easy to read ID numbers, a ground balance in the discriminate mode, good depth, tone ID, and powered by 8 AA batteries. Just guessing.

tabman
February 07, 2014 02:35AM
tabman Wrote:
> I don't think Tesoro will price most folks out of
> the market. I'm guessing the new detector will
> have a large VDI screen with easy to read ID
> numbers, a ground balance in the discriminate
> mode, good depth, tone ID, and powered by 8 AA
> batteries. Just guessing.
>
> tabman I am guessing pretty much the same thing tabman with the exception of the batteries, I am betting that it will take one 9 volt battery.
February 08, 2014 10:46PM
I just don't see them coming out with something ground breaking. I am hoping you guys don't get your hopes up...and that being said I hope I am wrong...cause I love Tesoros and I am a huge fan.
February 09, 2014 12:14AM
pretty much my thoughts Hungarian!
February 09, 2014 12:48AM
Still with the description that Tabman gave it would be a big hit with the Tesoro crowd.
February 09, 2014 01:47AM
tabman Wrote:
> I don't think Tesoro will price most folks out of
> the market. I'm guessing the new detector will
> have a large VDI screen with easy to read ID
> numbers, a ground balance in the discriminate
> mode, good depth, tone ID, and powered by 8 AA
> batteries. Just guessing.
>
> tabman

VDI screen? We don't need no stinking screens! Just kidding around, knowing what they have done in the past, little things like adding a button to replace a toggle switch, replacing an internal (pre-set)ground balance with a faceplate knob to make ground balance adjustments, adding a threshold knob etc. My best Guess is that they will take the Deleon which is a good detector in mild soils and add a manual ground balance that works in both discrimination and all-metal modes.That one addition (man. ground balance) would make it a more effective 'hunter' in mineralized ground. My two zincs.
February 09, 2014 03:11AM
I hope to see a combination of a Golden Umax with a large target id screen with Tejon depth and ground balancing in disc mode.
February 10, 2014 02:31AM
The Cazador WILL have multi-tone ID and have LARGE 2 digit number ID. Just guessing.

Hombre I'm with you in thinking that it will come in the Deleon/Cortes envelope. That makes good business sense.

tabman
February 10, 2014 03:38AM
I gave my wishlist last year to them ..

Hope I get a dream machine...

The one I want though I doubt this is it...they wont drop the Tejon name I bet..I believe the newer Tejon platform will be something Like the Tejon II or Pro...and offer the relic feauture's..

Keith
February 10, 2014 06:10PM
This would be nice:

Manual GB and the ability to switch it to fixed.

Dual discrimination feature like the Tejon

3 way trigger

1, 2, 3 tones ( first discrimination sets tone break for tone 1 and 2, second discrimination knob sets the 3rd tone...activiated by pushing/locking the trigger forward).

Pitch control ( nice feature on the Tejon).

NO SCREEN, NO NOTCH

Now...what frequency ?
February 10, 2014 07:13PM
Nice suggestions, and basically as therover61 alluded to bringing it all together (so to speak).
I'd love to have their deepest machine be a multi tone machine - I'd try one out (with or without display).
As far as frequency goes, I'd prefer something that is lower (for coins and mineralized soil) but the way things have been going, perhaps they can do what, was it the Shadow X5 or something like that, did with higher frequencies being great as well? Best of both worlds. If not, something in the sub 8 range would be nice on coins imo. Maybe a frequency switch? A dual frequency machine, ehehe, Nah, Tesoro is too simple for that. winking smiley

Albert
February 11, 2014 01:46AM
One thing for sure, Tesoro machines have always had superior audio responses to targets.
February 11, 2014 10:43AM
they seem constrained by their packaging so dont expect a compacted unit you can fold up or telescopic shaft but the same slot together bits of tubing with spring clips .
small incremenatel changes from tesoro but quality build with no software update in the field
February 27, 2014 05:00PM
Any new info on this one yet...... I'm sure news will break your side of the pond first.
February 27, 2014 10:59PM
Keith S. posted about QR codes does anyone use them or heard any feedback? Not tech-savvy here I have a "dumb" phone that always stay's in the vehicle & sometimes is charged? & HH
February 27, 2014 11:17PM
I have one and love it...........................just kidding. Well not kidding about loving it kidding about having one.
February 28, 2014 12:16AM
Going to wait until June-July are you?

It's going to be in a LOBO style housing, Mr. Clean grey white in color. Black trim.
They made too many Lobo housings and have to use them up.............will be similar to the Euro Sabre
in features with somewhat better performance. Nothing earth shattering. You might as well get an Outlaw..........

Works for me
February 28, 2014 01:06AM
No doubt the At Pro has been a big seller so it will be along that line and price point. But if they what much longer will miss a lot of sells. DST is the 9th and its on then with the longer daylight. With Diggers back on I can see the ATP's going out the door. lol So a remake of the Golden with GB and TID.
April 02, 2014 05:44AM
Any day now Tesoro!
April 02, 2014 11:03AM
At least 90 days to go and counting down. Maybe a July 4th Surprise....................can you wait just a bit longer..................LOL

Just started a Tesoro Cazador webpage: [www.treasurelinx.com]

Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 01:53AM by Sven1.