Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dry sand and deep silver

Posted by therover61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dry sand and deep silver
February 09, 2010 10:07PM
Just a question.

What set up do you all think would be better at finding/IDing DEEP silver coins (some of them Spanish silver dollars ie. 8 Reales).

A CZ6a/3D with FZ12 coil or an F75 LTD in BP or CL mode ?

Sand is pretty much trash free and probably not too conductive in terms of salt...looking at sanded in sites and sites where I have found 8 Reales before.

Got a few places where the dry sand, up near the dunes, is giving up wheaties, buffalos and silver coins, averaging 10-12 inches down, but I am sure there are more deeper.

Been thinking about how an F75 LTD in BP or CL mode would do finding deep silver. I am not sure it can trump a CZ for that type of hunting, but boy those 2 modes do get me interested. Also, there are spots where I hit patches of iron and nails and have to slow down with the CZ and sniff out the good targets. In that regard, the F75 would probably be better but in terms of silver finding, not sure.

Obviously if I start to trek near the salt water, the CZ probably becomes the better tool.

Sorry I can't post anything relevant to real world hunting..another 18 inches of snow is going to fall in the next 24 hours and it just stinks at this point. Got my 3D last week and still haven't even taken it out in the yard !!! I did find another potential hunting spot though and will have that lined up by the May or June thaw !!!
Re: Dry sand and deep silver
February 10, 2010 12:28AM
Keep us posted.
February 10, 2010 01:46AM
Properly tuned CZ-3D with factory 10.5" coil will slightly trump the F75 LTD on highly conductive silver coins.
February 10, 2010 02:16AM
Now how about a properly tuned CZ-3D with a FZ-12 SunRay coil?
Thanks!
February 10, 2010 04:03AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Properly tuned CZ-3D with factory 10.5" coil will
> slightly trump the F75 LTD on highly conductive
> silver coins.

Even in CL mode in clean soil?
February 10, 2010 01:01PM
Remember, it's dry sand.
February 10, 2010 05:41PM
I am noticing that my CZ70 picks out deep silver coins better then my F75 LTD.
February 11, 2010 01:58AM
The FZ-12 Sunray coil is not quite as "ID accurate" as the factory CZ coils.....and produces the same depths as the factory 10.5" coil. This is a concern..........especially on fringe/deep targets. A correctly tuned CZ with 10.5" coil (operating at 5Khz primary) is SLIGHTLY better than LTD in 'cl' mode.....in real dirt. (air-test.........and the F75 LTD is the winner).
February 11, 2010 02:42AM
I dont get it, why is the FZ-12 coil so sought after then if the quick silver 10.5 coil works just as good?
Aaron
February 11, 2010 03:30AM
Are you using the big coil on the 70? The 70 should be a bit better on silver because of the freq. The CZ3 that I have uses two freq one 15 and the other is 5 I am not sure about those numbers but it is a real deep machine. I think you have the best of both worlds Cal that is why I got the CZ3 but add the boost on the LTD and if you can hunt in four tone and 0 disc I think the LTD will hit better on deep coins and relics then the 70 and CZ3...Also there is a lot more info for your ears with the LTD and the speed and unmasking and the air gap. But what I love to do if I can is hunt real hard with one machine and then go back with the CZ and see if I missed anything most of the time I get no new targets the LTD has done its job.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 03:35AM by Lawrenzo.
February 11, 2010 10:28AM
Aaron = "Perceived" performance.

LCPM.....Especially true if area is moderately (or worse) trashy. (LTD vs. CZ).

CZ-70 and CZ-3D.......and all other CZ's are exact same frequency(s). 5Khz & 15Khz.
September 06, 2018 01:50AM
Hard to find silver when it’s dry!