Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who's had the XP Deus and what did you think?

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Who's had the XP Deus and what did you think?
April 19, 2014 02:26AM
Similar...however totally different.

Aaron
April 19, 2014 04:01PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Similar...however totally different.
>
> Aaron

How can something be similar yet totally different? ;-)

Not to take the thread off track, but it is just a thread.

E-Trac and CTX: (Not exhastive and others can do a much better job than me, but for a start imo)

Sounds - Similar polyphonic feel between the two, nod goes to E-Trac for it's better silver warble and more analog sound, I don't think many would disagree.
Screen display - Same basic layout. CTX more flexibility and in color. CTX better with shortcuts, but some don't like the menus (I do).
Technology - Both FBS, CTX noticeably faster. When you run an E-Trac and then a CTX they seem very similar, NOT identical for sure.
Performance - Both very similar but the CTX is noticeably better, hard to put an amount on that but I'll just say 15% or so. I know you can't put a number on it, so take that with a grain of salt. FBS on the CTX is incredible - they did something special. E-Trac, for it's slow recovery speed separates pretty good. It is a silver hound and great pick and choose machine. CTX goes a bit further.
Discrimination - Both are excellent with discriminating out garbage/iron next to good targets.
Programability - CTX more programable, but they are very similar in this regard.
Balance/Weight - Both heavy machines, CTX noticeably more so but much much better balanced.

I just don't see the huge difference Aaron. But I'm open to listening, break it down for us.
I had a T2 and then went to an Omega 8000. Those were much more different than the E-Trac to the CTX in my opinion (just for comparisons sake).
Albert
April 19, 2014 04:31PM
The biggest advantage performance wise with the ctx is the ability to adjust where the tone breaks..

This is why it unmask better than the etrac or explorer..

I've seen the ctx get targets thst other fbs machines CANT in iron..oh they hear it but the CANT report it correctly.

If you could get a tight small elliptical for the ctx it would unmask even more..

hopefully someone will build some aftermarket coils..

Keith
April 19, 2014 05:37PM
I have owned three. The last one had the new 3.2 software. It was the best in my opinion. It air tests as good as any I have had. (clad dime at 12.5 inches if I recall correctly). But I have never failed to take a Deus and go to a pounded site and not put a few relics in my pocket. Should have kept my last one. But it is always nagging at my mind......that I am holding over $1200 in my hand to find a few old articles. But if I was a wealthy man......the Deus would be back in my arsenal. Using GM Power in 12 or 18 khz. Or Deus Fast at 18 khz. Good ground balancing is ABSOLUTELY necessary for the Deus to acheive. In my opinion.
April 19, 2014 10:58PM
I had the Deus twice. But I never had the 3.2 version. Retaining a good ground balance was crucial. If I had more sites to hunt I would take the plunge again. It is a nice detector. That crisp target separation is really something to admire.