Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blood Moon

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blood Moon
April 15, 2014 11:01AM
Off topic, but did anyone get to see the blood moon this morning? I got up at 3am to see it but it was cloudy and raining, darn. Mars was very close to earth, wanted to see that too. I found this neat app for my phone that locates the planets. It tells you if they are visible from your position. You hold you phone perpendicular to the earth and it puts a cross-hairs on the planet up in the sky. The planet app is free. If you want to locate stars, constellations or satellites, it costs....called Planet Finder.
Re: Blood Moon
April 15, 2014 01:31PM
No missed it up here in Mi. It ended up snowing last night, too cloudy..go figure.

Aaron
April 15, 2014 03:23PM
the planet I come from has no moon

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 15, 2014 04:46PM
Watched it last night, but could not get the best picture on the cell phone, Awesome though!
April 15, 2014 05:02PM
Darn it I meant to but got stupid tired and went to bed. I'll just have to photoshop one of my old moon shots.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 15, 2014 05:54PM
It was beautiful here outside Phoenix at about 12:45 AM local time. Crystal-clear sky brilliant Mars near the moon and the rest of the stars shining brightly because the moon had been dimmed. 2 or 3 coyotes howling in the distance completed the picture. Picture? No of course I didn't take a picture. duh!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ
cdv
April 15, 2014 07:12PM
Beautiful night on the beach detecting and occasionally looking up at the moon.... doesn't get much better than that!

Cliff
April 15, 2014 11:46PM
4 more in a row next year,5000 years of eclipses where it says NASA eclipse web site is a link, this page is a catalog, did not know you could buy eclipses? LoL [eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov] Do eclipses cause any larger tidal affects?
April 16, 2014 04:50AM
Heck, you can buy a star name, why not an eclipse.
April 16, 2014 05:03AM
Sorry for any inconvience caused by the eclipise ... my mother was skydiving.
April 16, 2014 11:52AM
Ha! I'm not going there...dangerous territory Johnny.
April 16, 2014 01:45PM
Rick- "It was beautiful here outside Phoenix at about 12:45 AM local time. Crystal-clear sky brilliant Mars near the moon and the rest of the stars shining brightly because the moon had been dimmed. 2 or 3 coyotes howling in the distance completed the picture. Picture? No of course I didn't take a picture. duh! "

Must be nice living in Gods country

Aaron