Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone see the digger's show last week huting for Wyatt Earp

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone see the digger's show last week huting for Wyatt Earp
April 16, 2014 01:28AM
I saw the title on demand and it sounded interesting ..I would love to hunt a western ghost town..I have not watched all the episodes but when one on demand grabs my attention I watch it...

But anyways one of them found a 1916 D mercury dime...and they claimed it was worth thousands...

maybe so but not the one He found...

Im not being negative about it and Im glad he found one I would love to pop one out for the simple fact of saying I found one...but I would not think his would of fetched over 500.00 ...the date was barely visible on the 6 and the mint mark was almost completely gone...
took a jewlers loop to see the mark..

One other thing I cant believe they were hunting on main street in Dodge City....they get to hunt alot fo great sites..

They hunted a house Here in my Hometown of Ga and I know the house and have tried to get permission to hunt it....Money talks I guess..

And I guess the exagerrated claims get rating's..

Keith
Re: Anyone see the digger's show last week huting for Wyatt Earp
April 16, 2014 01:40AM
Sorry Keith, I'm not up on tv shows. What show is that?

Aaron
April 16, 2014 01:48AM
Keith, STAY AWAY from those ridiculous shows winking smiley You've got more knowledge in your little pinky than one would gleam from watching 10 full seasons of those farces. I gave them all a chance when they first came on, but, between the staged finds, the absurd valuations, and the fact that those sell-outs are awarded the privilege to hunt spots a REAL detectorist would kill for, I just can't bring myself to tune in. There's more 'reality' in an episode of The Twilight Zone or The Honeymooners. Now, THOSE are a couple of shows that I can watch all day long!

Joe
April 16, 2014 01:54AM
Joe- "There's more 'reality' in an episode of The Twilight Zone or The Honeymooners. Now, THOSE are a couple of shows that I can watch all day long!

Got that right, that's when TV was worth watching....

Aaron
April 16, 2014 02:09AM
Yes I know they are rigged and fake...

But it kills me where they actually get to hunt..

and yes alot of the info they relay to the public is bogus...

I dont do alot of T.V myself since I work weird hours...And I dont have the time...I actually dont have enough time in the day to get everything done I want to do...

Sometimes it takes me a week to answer someones email...

But to this day I think Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith was some of the best T.V. ever made..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 02:18AM by Keith Southern.
April 16, 2014 02:17AM
Andy Griffith...IMHO the best show ever on TV. I was most disappointed in Bill Ladd for the Dig Fellas show....nothing like his videos on Youtube which I quite enjoy watching.
April 16, 2014 02:20AM
Hey paleo...the worst one was the Boom Baby Guy....Man that was weird...

Keith
April 16, 2014 02:35AM
I watched maybe 5 minutes of that show and that was enough. I don't think it's possible to have a successful REALISTIC detecting show on TV,

Best tv ever was back in the 60s and 70s.

It's all crap now.

Aaron
April 16, 2014 03:30AM
"But to this day I think Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith was some of the best T.V. ever made.. "

I couldn't agree more.
April 16, 2014 03:52AM
At least that diggers show explains the history. I wont comment snymore than that...last time I did I got a long email from one of those shows guys upset cause I said I thought they sold out. Ray
April 16, 2014 04:16AM
Yep, the good ole days of TV. They probably wouldn't use the word 'Gun' in any of the titles, but the sexual innuendos seem to find a place.
April 16, 2014 09:25AM
Hahha thanks guys for making me feel young. I was going to say Seinfeld myself but I'm not sure if any of you elderly gentlemen heard of it winking smiley

I don't think Diggers is rigged. I may be alone in this, but given the PRIME
locations they hunt, does anyone else think they should be finding more??
April 16, 2014 09:29AM
Im so sick of nothing but reality shows on any more.Only one that gets watched around here is Survior and my wife likes it.
Gunsmoke,Andy Griffith,Have Gun Will Travel etc type shows will never come back.
Do like Justified and Banshe but they are in rerun status right now.

What really amazes me is some of the shows that make it year after year.Pure crap. Shows what the future holds.

Rant over now.
Pac Man
April 16, 2014 10:46AM
Funny!

Keith - here's the current PCGS price list for 1916 D Mercury dimes - these are full blown retail prices for an average across the US

the best way to realistically price any coin is to look at their list price and deduct 25% for an average IF you don't have access to the Gray Sheet provided to dealers/subscribers

notice anything from G4 (good) on down is under a $1000 and in order for one to be worth "$1000s" ---- it would have to grade VG12 (very good) on up which at that point the "D" would clearly be unmistakable - you wouldn't need a loupe to see/make it out.

Keep in mind though - 1916 D Mercury dimes have become over graded due to their rarity ---- it seems over the past 20 yrs or so that the grading companies have laxed on their standards in grading them -- what used to be considered a AG (almost good) dime that you could barely make the D out on without a loupe has now become a G4 that is worth nearly 2xs the $$

The best way to tell that what I say here is true and to see it 1st hand is to own an original PCGS graded 1916 D Mercury in the OLD slab container with the old green label graded G4 (they are called rattlers) because the coins rattle around in those slabs and then take a current "new age" Blue label slabbed 1916 D from PCGS graded G4 and compare ---- you will/would clearly see that the old green labeled coin is far better looking/in far better condition in 9 out of 10 cases

and it's not only with this coin has this become the common practice --- many other Key date/rare coins are also pushed into the over graded status these days

April 16, 2014 07:50PM
theyre all rigged and absurd ,they make more from world rights on the programs ,so they have to talk up and rig the prices ,theyre all a setup from start to finish with planted finds as well.
April 16, 2014 09:08PM
Chuck Conner.

\thread
April 16, 2014 09:24PM
There were several members on this forum who were asked by the HISTORY CHANNEL to do a show, however turned it down because they (HC) stipulated that "well...if you end up not finding anything, we'll just plant some stuff just to keep the ratings going.... "

Needless to say, they turned it down.

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 10:03PM by Aaron.
April 17, 2014 01:52AM
Thats what I like yo hear Aaron...integrity...the guy who emailed me was trying to convince it was all legit,and I was out of line for saying he sold out, but cmon man, it is easy to see the b.s.
April 17, 2014 02:23AM
Ray, as you already know reality tv is anything but reality. I'm sorry but tv these days just plain sucks. I don't have cable for mostly because of my kids, they don't need to be subjected to that crap. They see and hear enough of it when their away from me and at school.
I try telling my kids what it was like growing up in the 70s and to them it's like the Stone Age.....

Aaron
April 17, 2014 07:20PM
the techno changes from 70s to 2014 is kinda alarming ,so we can expect even more in the next breathtaking 44 years ! and now will seem like the stoneage to them
April 17, 2014 08:29PM
The most realistic digging shows aren't on TV but rather on YouTube users ( Relics1864 ) AKA Keith Southern comes to mind along with dirtfishing AKA( Bill S) now those are worth watching!! They show the trash finds which is normal in our hobby and how to operate a machine and proper search and recovery of targets without doing damage to land.
April 17, 2014 10:57PM
Dirtfishing is one of my favorite YouTube channels to watch.