Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

8" excelerator concentric coil for minelab detector

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
8" excelerator concentric coil for minelab detector
April 20, 2014 12:53AM
Came across a detech 8" excelerator concentric coil that I bought some years back that I never tried out. Has anyone used this coil on the minelab explorer se or e-trac? Is it a good coil and where is the best places to use this type of coil and how does it compare to other concentric coils out there for its size including DD coils for depth and separation? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2014 01:28AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: 8" excelerator concentric coil for minelab detector
April 20, 2014 04:49AM
Tried one was not impressed..

Almost like it was not made for the machine or something..

Keith
April 20, 2014 02:03PM
Thanks Keith! There must be a lot of people out there that agree with you. I can't find hardly anything about this coil on the web. That in it self says a lot about a coil when no one is talking about it. Thanks
April 20, 2014 02:39PM
Can't beat the 4.5x7 DD Excelerator for the E-Trac for speed and separation and depth too for such a small coil

also - if you can find a 10x14 DD Excelerator - I'd add that to the collection - the depth is unbelievable on that coil :-)

if I had an E-Trac again - those would be the only 2 coils I'd use

I had 5 different coils for mine

4.5x7 DD (outstanding performance)
5x10 elliptical (junk - doesn't work with the platform/waste of $$)
stock 11" (decent performance - all arounder)
13" ultimate (above average performance but not much better than stock)
10x14 DD (outstanding performance)
April 20, 2014 08:13PM
I had one and also was not impressed. I much rather have the Sunray 8'' D.D. coil.
April 20, 2014 09:13PM
Has anyone else tried this excelerator 10x14 DD coil? Where's the best kind of places to use this size coil? Do they even make a excelerator 10x14 DD coil for a minelab explorer se? I've looked on the web and I don't see any. Kellyco doesn't sell them. Anybody? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 12:13AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
April 21, 2014 01:46PM
I've seen a couple on E Bay over the last couple of years. Never used one myself but do have the 13" Ultimate. Maybe its where I hunt but don't see any depth increase over the 11" Pro coil. I do get more coverage which in the ball fields I hunt it works for me.
April 21, 2014 02:01PM
I see Coiltek is making a 6" coil for the E-Trac. Has anyone tried it?