Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2/Ultimate 2 day relic finds

Posted by sekypaleo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2/Ultimate 2 day relic finds
April 20, 2014 01:00AM
2 days in east Tenn hitting some of my old "worked out" spots.
[www.findmall.com]
Re: G2/Ultimate 2 day relic finds
April 21, 2014 05:12PM
Nice finds buddy. I would like to dig some where different some time. Keep tearing it up. HH
April 21, 2014 05:58PM
I owe you BIG TIME buddy...you are welcome to come down anytime but I gotta get some new spots so you come away with a chance for something really good.
April 21, 2014 09:04PM
I like your Yankee finial...

Looks like you were close to a whole Burnside...I see the case and the dropped bullet..Might be a complete one lying there if the ground is not too harsh..

The only places around here I can get whole ones is in the river basin aras where the dirt is loamy and soft...Same for the Spencer's and Henry's...

Must be some cavalry in the area.maybe Reb!!...Yall ever dig the stubby enfields (Slicks we call them down this way) We find the stubby one's in Confederate cavalry spots and usually theres a mish mash of all type of carbine bullet's in there like burnsides,tie base sharps,,Richmond Labs colt,,,Cosmopolitan's,Hall's colt navy's....etc...Those rebs would use a ton of different weapons in these late war site's...I think the stubby slicks are for sawed off enfield rifle's..sort of a field made carbine...

Keith
April 24, 2014 07:28PM
Have never dug one of the stubby Enfields, but one of the Enfields in my post /pic is a .52 cal Enfield referred to as a Greene rifle bullet...my first.