Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Honest thoughts on Minelab Explorer Se Pro

Posted by sekypaleo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Honest thoughts on Minelab Explorer Se Pro
June 15, 2014 01:46AM
Heh guys, Since I am "this" close to pulling the trigger on the Explorer SE PRO.....from people with experience with it....your thoughts?
Re: Honest thoughts on Minelab Explorer Se Pro
June 15, 2014 02:09AM
Never owned the explorer but put a few years on the Etrac . Minelab makes a very good machine,learn it ,go slow and it will treat you right.
Corey
June 15, 2014 02:27AM
I loved my Se Pro. It is a different animal but worth the time to learn the beast. I will have another one some day. I actually liked mine better than the Etrac. Get somebody super familiar with it to help you set it up. I didn't do a lot of fancy tuning and still found great things. Let us know how you get along.

Don
HH
June 19, 2014 06:32PM
I decided to sell mine (se pro), exc condition, not a scratch on the screen, one blemish the size of a dime (not a dent) on the rod but thats it, and works like new...
plus extras including smaller coil w rod that was never used (still in bubble wrap...), the extra plush koss minelab headphones, the rechargeable battery sleeve and charger, extra battery sleeve for alkalines (to use as a back up on overnight trips...etc...), rain coat/dust jacket (almost always was on it), coil cover (on it), inst book...
I hardly used it...i was in a bad way so i sent my cz3d to florida, and when i got well my wife bought me the se pro to help me feel better, but i couldnt use it right away due to physical condition...when i did use it, i maybe used it about 10 times within that year, ...its now just about 3 years new... I was thinking 750.00 for all including shipping...
I dont have paypal, but if u have a friend in florida i would gladly physically bring it to them and they could pay me and ship it to you...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 06:33PM by Mike In Florida.
June 19, 2014 07:19PM
Having used the original Explorer, Explorer 11, Explorer SE......I felt in my neck of the woods it was noisier...many thought the new type coil of the SE pro was the problem.
So much so some guys switched the coil to a conventional type of the aforementioned 3....Excellent unit like all 3 aforementioned but did have a learning period also.
June 19, 2014 07:22PM
Theres already so much written on the explorers that I will just say as the Explorer's progressed they became more refined..

they were tryng to deal with ground mineral falsing issues as they went..

the first explorer XS is in my opinion the best one built...

Just my opinion..

Nothing wrong with any of them but the XS was DEEEEEP..

but it was also the noisiest of all the models on hotrocks..Depth comes at a price...But those who understand the Ringing can make some incrediable deep finds with the XS...

The SE is a little more quite in mineral so the ringing is less pronounced on the deepies but less hotrocks also to deal with..

Thats the trick on the xs ISfiguring out a false from a legitimate deep hit...but the ability to false allows for more depth IF YOU LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF THE XS.

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 11:16PM by Keith Southern.
June 19, 2014 07:36PM
Keith well spoken and have to agree with you....
June 19, 2014 08:59PM
I absolutely love mine. I've used one as my primary machine for 3 years now, and I absolutely love it. Deep, and it LOVES silver. A million coil options for it...I currently use a 13" Ultimate, a 6x8 SEF, and a 4.5x7" Excelerator. Outstanding machine IMO.

Steve
June 19, 2014 10:25PM
I had an SE Pro. Slow processor, but really liked deep silver on edge.
June 19, 2014 11:36PM
OK guys...question.

Does a regular SE turn into an SE Pro just by putting on a Pro coil, or are there other differences/features in the guts of the unit ( ie, SE vs SE Pro).

Thanks.
June 19, 2014 11:46PM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK guys...question.
>
> Does a regular SE turn into an SE Pro just by
> putting on a Pro coil, or are there other
> differences/features in the guts of the unit ( ie,
> SE vs SE Pro).
>
> Thanks.

Same machine---only difference is the pro coil and the "SE Pro" decals.
June 20, 2014 12:38AM
Thanks Del.
June 23, 2014 01:27PM
The SE are known for the silver tinkel it gives to silver, lost that unique sound on the ET. Thou it has a slow recovery, it can be pushed along in trash with a small coil much slower than most machines. Great depth. I agree with Keith the early model XS has a bit more depth.... it maybe because it doesnt have to process both FE/Con sounds. Learning curve is much longer than an ET out of the box. Give it a good year to learn if you hunt with it regularly. They have a lot of flexibility because of the multi freq once learned.

Dew
June 24, 2014 09:47PM
Learn it and you will get to love it. They are silver slayers. I always prefered the Ex2 but se pro was a tad faster in recovery.
June 24, 2014 09:59PM
The SE Pro was my favorite MINELAB machine as far as silver tones go, even better than the Etrac or CTX.

Aaron
July 27, 2014 02:37PM
I'm sure it's a good detector but I had an Etrac and my buddy the se pro. I would regularly beat him on silver and relics, he got the CTX and our finds evened up, he sometimes was beating me so it was the machine not the user. I upgraded to the CTX and we are even again. Se pro was great in its day but an Etrac can be had for nearly the same money and it's a much more refined machine. Etrac using two toned ferrous program and you will pull silver left and right. Just my hones opinion, also the se pro is not a very user friendly machine as far as set up and signals compared to the Etrac or CTX. Good luck
July 27, 2014 07:57PM
I have a se that has 5 or 6 different coils and a pin pointer attached to the upper steam. I don't think you can get the pin pointers anymore. I 'm thinking of selling it. I recently bought a xpdeus and love the lightness of this detector. I am 54 and have arthritis in my shoulders and back and can't swing the se anymore. I have all 3 sizes of Nel coils and 4.5x7 excelerator coil. I also have the standard coil that comes with the se. I may have other coils that also fit on it. Anyone know what a fare price would be for all this detecting equipment would be. Thanks