Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom Dankowski Seminar

Posted by Suncoast Wally 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom Dankowski Seminar
February 26, 2010 04:19AM
Forum Posters,

Tom Dankowski has graciously consented to presenting a 2 1/2 hour seminar at , Suncoast Research & Recovery Club, meeting place in Pinellas Park, FL. It will be held on Friday March 12th from 6:30 PM until 9:00 PM. Our club meets at Bill Jackson's Inc. at 9501 US Hwy 19 N. Pinellas Park, FL. There will not be a club meeting just 2 1/2 hours of pure Dankowski wisdom. There will be a refreshment break.

For information on our club goto www.srarc.com. You will find a map to Bill Jackson's, which is a large sporting goods store and does have detectors and equipment should you arrive early and want to browse. There are several hotels in the immediate area should you want to spend the night before driving back home for those living a couple of hours or more away. I will post names and phone numbers of those within a couple of miles.

I will need an RSVP of those planning on attending to determine # of seats needed or even moving to an alternate site should too many sign up. Jackson's will seat about 75 to 80.

Questions and RSVP's should go to
Wally Swartz
wdsthr@tampabay.rr.com
(727) 647-2216

I will also post a more thorough description of how to get to Bill Jackson's
in the next day or two!
Re: Tom Dankowski Seminar
February 26, 2010 11:40AM
Is it wishful thinking to hope that this seminar might be streamed live or recorded for later playback on youtube?
February 26, 2010 01:37PM
Fingers crossed go-rebels!!!!
go-rebels...I am with you on that one
February 26, 2010 02:22PM
I would even be happy to see the seminar taped and then made available via DVD. I know I would purchase one for sure.
February 26, 2010 02:27PM
Yes we do plan on video taping it. The first part of the program will be a relic hunting program and then Beach & water hunting program. Probably post it in two sections.There are a few problems to work out but should be OK.

But there is nothing better than being there and getting to ask the questions you need and just picking Tom's brain. He's bringing his beautiful wife and daughter along to add class to the act!

Wally
February 26, 2010 04:32PM
Great idea this is 2010 lets do it and youtube it for all of us to see or sell it to us,

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 26, 2010 04:34PM
Well how about taking phone calls I bet there would be so many people that would love to talk to Tom...but you could take so many and keep the time down first come first serve or have us send in questions and Tom picks the ones he wants to talk about>>>>

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 26, 2010 05:56PM
For me, I would much rather be able to purchase it on DVD. I don't think I would be able to view a 2 hour Youtube video.

And now that it has been revealed that a beach hunting section is part of the seminar...PLEASE have this on DVD.

If I could go down to Florida, I would.
February 27, 2010 12:38PM
Wally.......I'll try to leave work early..... arrive in town a bit early..........so as to avoid I-4 woe's. Hook up for early dinner???
February 27, 2010 02:12PM
Tom,

Sounds good to me. I'm getting a decent sound/video system rounded up!

Wally
Certainly a learning experience.
February 27, 2010 02:22PM
If I was closer surely would attend...read lots of Tom's info over the years and one never can learn too much about the hobby...and he sure brings out many important facets where newbies or oldbies alike can learn..
Re: Certainly a learning experience.
February 28, 2010 03:54AM
Thanks Dan!
March 02, 2010 06:17AM
Sign me up for a vid
March 03, 2010 12:27AM
A lot of music stores rent sound systems but do you probably really don't need much of one. Ask if any members can borrow something from their Church, A lot of churches have other sound systems beside the main one that stays hooked up. They have something for the "fellowship hall" etc.

For the video there are some killer little field recorders that do great sound and video. Even the small HD video recorders d odecent sound. You should consider, if it isn't a hassle, recording the video and sound with a camera and also making a seperate audio recording. Set one with decent levels and one with the levels a little lower. There is good software that you can use to sync the better audio to the video if the seperate recording is indeed better. I saw a recorder the other day that actually records a signal twice at once. The recording with the levels you set and a seperate recording with lower levels in case it overloads.

This one does both video and audio. [www.sweetwater.com]

These are very cool but they limit you to 120 minutes. [www.newegg.com]

If you are going to record it I think you need to make sure in advance that whatever camera or format you use is easy to transfer to the computer and to get converted (if needed) so you can burn it to DVD... or you can hire a videographer (sp?) and get your money back selling a good polished video, if whatever you do meets whatever terms Tom might have.

I'll certainly buy one!!

You've probably already thought about all this stuff, so I hope I don't offend. I just do a little multitrack recording. I'll tell you someone you might ask about video if you need any tips is Daniel TN. He makes and posts a lot of videos and has gotten better at it. I forget his handle on Youtube but his vids are on the F forum at Findmall.

Good luck

Julien
March 03, 2010 02:14AM
Julien,

I'm getting the equipment from my church and I can have the seminar there also and that would make a good set up. They make videos all the time and up until recently provided a video of Sundays sermon to the Hallmark channel for play on Thursday mornings until the channel decided not to do worship services anymore.

My only concern is getting out of towners unfamiliar to the area to the church. It's on a main street but not a known route. If I do that I will post a map!

Wally
March 05, 2010 02:23AM
Forum members,

After careful consideration we decided to move the seminar to my church. We have seating room for at least a 100. There is a sound and video stage with lighting in place and provision to make master DVD's.

The seminar will be on Friday March 12th from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM with a refreshment break. Our Church is Sea Breeze Community Church 10321 75th Street N. Seminole, FL 33777

Web site www.seabreezecc.com There is an excellant map inside and any question you have contact me at
wdsthr@tampabay.rr.com
(727) 647-2216

Wally Swartz
March 07, 2010 04:22PM
Very-Very jealous of you Florida people.
If I had a Lear Jet to hop into next Friday...
Well I better get back to detecting!

Have a GREAT SEMINAR!!!
March 08, 2010 06:21PM
Silver Peters,

For the benefit of those too far away to come we will DVD's available of the seminar. #1 will be on Relic hunting and #2 will be on beach & water hunting. I will post when they are ready to ship!

Suncoast Wally
March 08, 2010 06:24PM
Streak,

Is your trip to Florida going to coincide with March 12th Seminar? I'm sure we will be able to find an empty seat for you!

Wally
March 09, 2010 01:28PM
Terrific!
If I can pre-pay, will gladly do.
Please forward the link as soon as it's up
and I will do it.
Thanks much!
Peter
March 11, 2010 07:27PM
Yep, let us know the link and when, can't wait to see the DVD. A BIG THANK YOU!
March 12, 2010 01:29AM
Wally,

I'm going to try to be in town tomorrow/Fri........ETA approx 3:30pm....and will call your 2216 cell number upon arrival. If some folks want to chat prior to seminar/presentation.....this would be fine.
March 12, 2010 03:25AM
Wally...count me in for both DVD's.
March 12, 2010 04:23AM
Tom,

Sounds good to me. I was concerned about the weather but as I understand it the worst of it should be passed us by noon or 1 PM. We'll grab some grub and then go over to the church, even the pastor would like to meet you and he is dedicated golfer that doesn't understand the detecting concept. We have an ear mike lined up so you can wander about the stage.

There is a Sweet Tomato Restaurant not far from where we'll be and maybe that could work for you guys!

See you when you get in!
Wally
March 13, 2010 05:36PM
Hey Gang,

Wow, a 2 1/2 hour seminar lasted for 4 hours. Now I'm suffering from brain freeze from all the info I tried to absorb. Well we all know Tom, once we wind him up he never runs down.

We had nearly a 100 there, but would have more if the weather wasn't so bad. I noted a good many in the audience hectically scribbling notes trying to keep pace with Tom.

I'm here to tell you that he put on a very impressive in depth presentation based on his knowledge and years of extensive research. His willingness to share, all that he knows, is exemplary. The audience was spellbound and intently quiet other than asking questions, which were answered thoroughly. Our only set back was the clock. It was nearly 11:00 PM when we had to wind down. Tom still had plenty to talk about and his battery pack was on full charge, but because of his enthusiasm he was not aware of the time.

We now have to get the videos edited and put onto DVD's and that may a while but I'll post when we have them.

This was my 5th time I've had the pleasure of sitting through one of his seminars and all I can say is "Thanks Tom for a very impressive evening" and I know that all present felt the very same!

Thank you, Thank you

Wally
Suncoast Reasearch & Recovery Club
March 13, 2010 10:50PM
wish i coulda been there!!!!!!!!!! ill take one of the dvds please.
March 14, 2010 04:13AM
Sounds awesome can't wait for the DVD!
March 14, 2010 02:17PM
Same here, I'll take the DVD as well.
March 14, 2010 03:25PM
Thanks......and glad I could be of some help.

As always, I never feel comfortable having to walk away from a line of folks waiting to ask questions; my deepest apologies to those folks. I arrived back home @2:00am.....and am still 'vocal-cord' recovering.
March 14, 2010 10:53PM
Tom,

The word I got from the group is that they are planning a kidnap. They weren't done with you yet when we had to pull the plug. My pastor was extremely impressed and fascinated by what he heard but wasn't ready to throw away his golf clubs yet! But then he has never experienced seeing gold in the bottom of the scoop or an old Spanish reale unearthed!

The seminar completely filled 4 one hr. video tapes and about half of another. About one third to one half of the audience are newbies and had never heard of you but they are now friends for life of Tom Dankowski.

You may be able to run but you won't be able to hide. They are coming after you.

Thanks for the long drive over, thanks for the excellent program and the dinner wasn't bad either.

As always it was my pleasure!
Give my best to Mai and Christie
Wally