Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I.D. help please-- Keith/anyone

Posted by Elbert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I.D. help please-- Keith/anyone
July 02, 2014 02:58AM
This picture was copied from another forum with the poster asking for help with the item at the lower right of the picture. His post asked" is ths a sword hanger"

Thanks El

Re: I.D. help please-- Keith/anyone
July 02, 2014 03:14AM
Its not of any Military Design Ive ever seen...

but its definately a hangar type system of sorts..

Now dont laugh but it looks alot like the barber shop Leather razor strop piece that goes on the end of the leather to hang it on the wall...

Just a stab..but ive seen strop ends trying to be passed off as military hangars in military collector shows....

the one in your pic is heavy made yet the hangar is flimsy like a Stop piece usually is...theres tons of designs..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 03:25AM by Keith Southern.
July 02, 2014 03:44AM
Thanks Keith. Yes I agree it could be that. My guess is it might be to a scale. The letters and numbers on the tag , if they read DWT.3 might indicate a measurement standard but I can't tell if there is a period between the T and 3 and I don't know what the 35 or 33 is.

Appreciate your help.

El
July 02, 2014 04:00AM
LOL!! Elbert...

I thought the Tag piece was a token laid up against it...

maybe weight but not sure why capitol letters...I think its dwt..for that...

never Know I can study on it some maybe figure something out..

Its not a Sword Hangar though .. strap is too wide...its as wide as a carbine type sling...but too flimsy to hold a heavy carbinealso......the swivel would never hold up on a hard ride...the ones I have dug are huge with snap rings....

Keith
July 02, 2014 04:08AM
You know I better check and ask if it is part of the piece, maybe it is a token.

El
July 03, 2014 02:14AM
I've had the same barber since I was a kid, he's 84 and still uses the leather strap and razor. Soon becoming a thing of the past.

Aaron
July 03, 2014 02:57AM
No response from the poster Keith about that tag. Thanks for your help thought.

El
July 03, 2014 03:27AM
The piece that looks like a token may be a scale weight.
The hanger looking piece I have no clue but I'Am curious what you do find out about it.
Corey