Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deteknix X-Pointer My Revue

Posted by Trucker_Greg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deteknix X-Pointer My Revue
July 13, 2014 07:14PM
Well I got the Pinpointer the other day and started air testing. I used a 24K Gold plated Mercury Dime. Rosey, Silver Quarter,and a Franklin Half.
Has 3 modes of operations,sound, vibrate, sound and vibrate.
I like you can turn the sound off, keeps the eyes off of you while your detecting.
I compared it to my Garrett Pro Pointer. But reminds me of the Minelab pro pointer.
Air Testing
Found it was about 1/2" deeper. On all coins,the size of the coin is the only difference, it did pick up the coin further away depending on the Size.
Field testing
Had a rough 2 hunts, not a lot of targets,but it was very accurate on locating the target.
Problems it did interfere with my Ctx causing it to false (make noise) when I was using the probe.With that said
any one iterested in it I will sell it for $80.00 shipped.
Re: Deteknix X-Pointer My Revue
July 14, 2014 04:42AM
Sounds like a disappointing purchase. I recently got the Whites TRX and am very happy with it. I only got it because my Garrett crapped out. I think the TRX is better than the PP, but not immensely better like some people claim.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
July 14, 2014 06:46AM
sent pm

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 14, 2014 03:26PM
I'm trying to get my uniprobe to work with my AT Gold but no luck so far

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 14, 2014 05:30PM
Greg,
Wouldn't you noise cancel your CTX with the probe on? That would eliminate the infererence from the probe, I would guess.

HH
Mike
July 14, 2014 07:04PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Greg,
> Wouldn't you noise cancel your CTX with the probe
> on? That would eliminate the infererence from
> the probe, I would guess.
>
> HH
> Mike

Mike & Greg------Once in awhile I would get interference on my Etrac with the Garrett Pro Pointer.----Now with the TRX & CTX, I seem to get interference a little more often.----In either case when I did a noise cancel (with the probe on), it would clear it right up.-------It's not a real problem but that's what I do when it happens.--------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 07:07PM by D&P-OR.
July 14, 2014 07:56PM
Nothing worse than your pinpointer interfering with your detector...Hats off to Minelab for noise cancel....
July 22, 2014 10:24PM
Sold to Pastom, Thanks
July 23, 2014 12:39AM
Not to hijack the thread but I really like the whites trx pin pointer.
July 23, 2014 10:01PM
Oh no doubt I also like the Detex but I have the Garrett.