Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Are tesoro golden umax

Posted by supertraq 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Are tesoro golden umax
July 17, 2014 10:50PM
history again?I watched 53silvers video on the golden umax and was very impressed with its ability to use narrow and wide notch, dual disc to hunt in trash and still find nickels and gold,want one but not for sale anymore..this is twice they've dropped this machine,i guess it worked to good..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 10:53PM by supertraq.
Re: Are tesoro golden umax
July 17, 2014 11:57PM
Yeah, the Golden Umax is "history", they are no longer making it.------A good used Golden shows up FS once in awhile still.
July 18, 2014 12:25AM
well heck,i really wanted to try one...Tesoro whyyyyyyyy?
July 18, 2014 12:36AM
There is one that has just been listed on Findmall---coincidence?
July 18, 2014 12:56AM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is one that has just been listed on
> Findmall---coincidence?

Sold about 6 days ago. It was a good price.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 18, 2014 01:01AM
They were discontinued to due software problems, if I recall someone at Tesoro lost the programming, they could not replicate it, no back-ups. But they had enough programmed chips on hand for repairs. That's why they say they can still repair them.
Since they could no longer produce the Golden, it was discontinued at about the same time news leaked about the Cazador which will be replacing it.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 18, 2014 02:21AM
I had a golden last year for a short time. I could not get any depth out of it.
July 18, 2014 03:47AM
No depth,eh, i live in florida and our soil is not very stable..stuff sinks fast,and i'm talking about our soft sand beaches,there you drop something and 2 minutes later it 12" deep,lol
Thanks for all the feedback,the tejon has dual right?
July 18, 2014 01:39PM
Golden is arguably the best park hunter ever made from Tesoro. It would make sense to replace it with a similar featured multi-tone, TID machine, called the Cazador (hunter) to better fill the Tesoro line of detectors. Speculation of course.
July 18, 2014 10:42PM
Sven1 Wrote:
> shoveler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There is one that has just been listed on
> > Findmall---coincidence?
>
> Sold about 6 days ago. It was a good price.

?
This does not compute:
listing date is 7/17
550 bucks with 3 coils
July 19, 2014 12:10AM
Golden Sabre 11 or even better a Pantera which you can ground balance and with a high tone above the notch and low tone below you can do the same thing and also get the high coins dime up if you experiment with the notch setting...golden U-max too many notches and tones for my liking and proved to be the downfall of the beast...Goes to prove newer is not always better and of course we all have our opinions..as many do well with the Golden and a trained ear....
July 19, 2014 12:38AM
shoveler Wrote:
> Sven1 Wrote:
> -----
> > shoveler Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > There is one that has just been listed on
> > > Findmall---coincidence?
> >
> > Sold about 6 days ago. It was a good price.
> ?
> This does not compute:
> listing date is 7/17
> 550 bucks with 3 coils

Sven was talking about the one that sold on 07/12/14 for $250. listed by Weekend Warrior it is on second page now.
November 27, 2014 08:07AM
possum mo Wrote:
> I had a golden last year for a short time. I
> could not get any depth out of it.

Sorry for unearthing this thread (I prefer to unearth good targets !).

I just bought a second-hand Golden µMAX. These detectors are thin on the ground here in Europe.

It's a "revision 2" unit with "new tones", and the former owner (detector was bought in january 2012) had to send it back to fix some problems (he just told me the unit didn't function well - no other comments).

Well this golden seems to work in a kind of a astonishing"mixed mode".

When setting the threshold in AM, flipping to disc will NOT silent it.

With a barely audible threshold in DISC (about 1 PM), the unit gains 2" in depth (thus motion mode) getting regular US quarters at 9", the most surprising part of that being that, still with the barely audible threshold in DISC, the target still responds in AM at impressive depths (airtest) when the motion disc can't see it any more.

Anybody heard about a mod with this side-effects? Owned one?

I'm just puzzled as to decide if this unit has to be sent back or if I keep it as it is. Will further test that in the field tomorrow.

Cheers

JimNick
December 09, 2014 08:52PM
Hi Jim,
That is not normal operation for the Golden. But it sounds good. I'd keep it like it is.
HH
Mike
December 10, 2014 12:43AM
I used one for a few years(original tone package), it was a fun coinshooter, I dug more nickels with that machine than any other machine. I was disappointed with the depth (6-7") and thought the freq. of the 2 middle tones needed more separation. I replaced it with a F5 for my park machine which does the job quite well. Many thanks to Mike Hillis for all his posts on the F5