Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My world came crashing down..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My world came crashing down..
July 20, 2014 01:10PM
Just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and my wife is now in hospital with a slight stroke affecting her right side particularily her right hand and memory isn't what it should be. Hopefully thru therapy we can get her back a bit..Heck metal detecting and detectors are nothing in the scheme of life and your health and those of your loved ones are where its at. Just had to vent as it will be a rough road back and hope all is well with you and yours...
Re: My world came crashing down..
July 20, 2014 01:20PM
Nothing is as important as the health of the love of your life. Best wishes to her and you. Stay strong and remeber you have friends here even though we never met. And the people that you encounter in this great hobby are more important than any target dug from a hole in the ground.
July 20, 2014 01:25PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in these hard times. I love detecting in all of its forms but it really is just entertainment for most of us addicted to it. Family and loved ones always come first...Stuart
July 20, 2014 01:48PM
My prayers are with you and your wife Dan.
July 20, 2014 03:21PM
So sorry to hear that Dan. please know all of us, will have her and you in our thoughts and prayers. Hang tough buddy. Ray
July 20, 2014 03:28PM
You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers Dan.
July 20, 2014 04:14PM
Oh man, sorry to hear that Dan. Hang in there ole boy.
July 20, 2014 04:41PM
Sorry to hear this. I hope she recovers well. Loved ones are more important than anything.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
July 20, 2014 04:52PM
It is often that the people we depend on will need to depend on us. I have no doubt that she will be fine because she has you. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom in SC
July 20, 2014 05:02PM
Oh Dan, I'm so sorry to hear that.----Do know and tell her that we are holding her (both of you) up in our prayers.---------Del & Patsy
July 20, 2014 05:17PM
Not so long ago I was on the receiving end of being taken care of.
Loved ones help you through the rough stuff.

Take care the both of you!!

HH
Johnb
July 20, 2014 05:58PM
Sorry to hear than Dan. I pray your wife recovers and that you two have many many more years together.
God bless
Corey
July 20, 2014 06:11PM
Sorry to hear that Dan. You, your wife and your family are in my prayers.

Peace.
July 20, 2014 06:19PM
Im sorry to hear that Dan, as a nurse I have worked with a few stroke victims and can attest to some wonderful recoveries. In fact, many walked out of our facility showing very little signs of having a stroke! After seeing the patients come in, I would have never guessed it possible, but it is. The brain is a phenominal organ, but it needs time to heal, and patience from all, including your wife. It definitely puts things into perspective. All the best to you and your family.
July 20, 2014 06:40PM
Sorry to hear this Dan, I wish her & you the best. Todays hospitals, doctors and medicines are a wonderful thing, not many years ago I had a slight heart attack and had to have 3 stints put in my heart, without them I wouldn't be here today. I know that this is the least thing from your mind right now but Happy 50th. Anniversary!
July 20, 2014 06:49PM
Sorry also Dan,Dan. I guess I should have read this before my rant on a previous post as this puts things in perspective. I lost my Father a year ago to lung cancer and now my mother is getting up there and will have to take care of her someday. Good luck to you and your's.
July 20, 2014 08:17PM
My prayers are with you and your wife. Hobbies mean nothing to family and friends. God Bless and Lord be with you.

Rick, N. MI
July 20, 2014 08:32PM
sorry to read this dan!!!! unload on here all you want, you got alot of friends here!!!! will keep you and your wife in our prayers!

congrats on 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuck.
July 20, 2014 08:49PM
Dan, I wish your wife well, and will keep her in my prayers. Hang tough, you're a great guy, and I look forward to your posts on here!

Joe
July 20, 2014 11:56PM
Prayers going out to your wife and you Dan! God Bless you two!
July 21, 2014 12:32AM
You have some nice friends Dan, Peace like a river too you & your loved one, in that peace wholeness, nothing lacking....rr7
July 21, 2014 12:37AM
I don't know you beyond this forum Dan but I do know from what I've seen that you're a good guy, and your wife is in good hands with "you" outside of her professional caretakers at the moment. I'm sure she'll pull through just fine with all of the love, help, support and care from you all.

Till then - god bless and we'll keep you in our thoughts & prayers the same as so many others here.

MRH
July 21, 2014 01:32AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
July 21, 2014 01:47AM
Keep the faith and everything will work out..........................
July 21, 2014 03:46AM
Sorry to hear this Dan..

At least its was mild...

they have some great medicines now for strokes compared to jsut a few short years ago..

My aunt has had a couple of severe ones and they gave her a shot within 30 minutes of it and she recovered very very well..

So I know theres some better drugs now...

I will pray for Her and you...

Keith
July 21, 2014 05:57AM
Dan --

So sorry to hear about your wife's stroke; I'll keep the two of you in my prayers...

Steve
July 21, 2014 08:28AM
I'm really sorry to that your wife has had a stroke. My best wishes go out to the both of you. Hey your right detecting is way low in the big scheme of things by the way congrats on 50 years! Best wishes!
July 21, 2014 10:09AM
Ohh Dan my thoughts are with you. So saddened to read
About this. I hope your wife gets better quickly.
May god bless you both.
July 21, 2014 12:24PM
All we can do at this point is pray for you and your wife..

May she get well soon and your life returns to its' happy state

Micheal
July 21, 2014 12:31PM
Thanks guys and gals and appreciate your concern. Last night talked to a mother of a girl that played softball with my daughter years ago. 3 weeks of rehab had her husband talking and walking with a cane after a similar stroke. It will take time and my wife is a fighter so hope for the best....One never knows what cross or crosses we have to bear in the scheme of life...