Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F19 Rumor

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F19 Rumor
July 22, 2014 02:14AM
On another forum there is word that the F19 is being recalled by Fisher. No reason stated.

Tom in SC
Re: F19 Rumor
July 22, 2014 03:44AM
That is the last thing Fisher needs. The detector itself looks like the same girl in a new dress to me. I watched Gonehunting's Youtube video. He made it pretty clear that the detector is not for rural coin hunting. And basically that is what I do. I wish Fisher well with the sales, but I am waiting on something new and refreshing. As Motley Crue would say the "same old same old" isn't it.
July 22, 2014 04:03AM
I heard about a possible PI detector for nugget hunting coming out from Fisher soon, Anyone else hear anything about this?
July 22, 2014 04:06AM
They need to that's the most anemic 800.00 metal detector i have ever ran.

i made a video but I'm not going to post it..there has to be something wrong with a machine this weak...Fisher would know better ..so there has to be a problem..

Keith
July 22, 2014 07:03AM
I have to admit that aside from the red adjustable LED backlight, thus far I'm not too impressed by the videos. Initially I was when I saw a barber quarter found, but after learning that it had first been detected by an etrac, and then the F19 couldn't hear it in disc mode, but was able to hear it in AM mode it was dug, it kind of lost it's thunder.

To me, the best feature is the adjustable red LED backlight that I wish was in the F75 (rediculous they put a backlight that cannot be disabled in their flagship detector).

I hope FT is coming out with something new and innovative, the past few years seem to be variations on a theme and a limited one at that.
July 22, 2014 07:15AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They need to that's the most anemic 800.00 metal
> detector i have ever ran.
>
> i made a video but I'm not going to post it..there
> has to be something wrong with a machine this
> weak...Fisher would know better ..so there has to
> be a problem..
>
>
> Keith

So how does the depth on it (F-19) compare to the G2 or GB Pro?
July 22, 2014 08:25AM
No comparison...

The G2/GBPro has more depth against the F19 Im Using...

Keith
July 22, 2014 08:45AM
Wow. That's odd. You would think it would be the same depth. Wonder why?
July 22, 2014 09:11AM
Okay. Dave Johnson just confirmed it over on findmall. Looks like you may have a bad unit Keith. This is what he posted-

The details haven't been worked out yet. Not all units are affected. Don't do anything until official information is available, which I am guessing will be mid-week. .

--Dave J.

h.
July 22, 2014 10:05AM
geez...Cmon Fisher!
July 22, 2014 10:43AM
It's not Fisher, its First Texas.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 11:03AM by Sven1.
July 22, 2014 10:55AM
Here is link to post that is being refered to"

[www.findmall.com]
wjs
July 22, 2014 11:56AM
If they would send their units to people like Keith and Tom to test before hand they could probably avoid a lot of problems.
July 22, 2014 12:37PM
wjs Wrote:
> If they would send their units to people like
> Keith and Tom to test before hand they could
> probably avoid a lot of problems.

That's exactly what I was thinking!! You know something's up if they are already getting sold and traded on the used market. That throws up a big red flag to me!
July 22, 2014 01:30PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> No comparison...
>
> The G2/GBPro has more depth against the F19 Im
> Using...
>
> Keith

If they are targeting the Euro market with the F19, where most detect fields. Then I guess it is basically a GoldBug Pro with a different process of some sort.
Euro fields are cultivated very fast, so airy soil is the norm.

My Goldbug Pro isn't a real depth monster in any kind of airy soil situation, the Deus proved to be an airy soil machine.
However hunting solid ground proved to be something else all together.

There the Goldbug Pro gets decent depth and the Deus needed constant ground balancing to achieve max depth.
And constant ground balancing on the Goldbug, F75 is way more effortless than the Deus system.

Just my 2 eurocents :-)

HH
Johnb
July 22, 2014 02:11PM
Component malfunction. It only affects the first production run.

The good news is it is easy to see, it was caught early and they are making the required changes, as well as making it right for everyone that got an affected unit.

Sometimes stuff happens. As long as they do right by the customer all is well.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 02:12PM by Mike Hillis.
July 22, 2014 03:18PM
It seems you see this kind of problem happen more and more so you wonder if anyone is going to buy when something new comes out or wait a couple of months to read the reviews. Our hobby has a lot of hunters that know what they want and need because the landscape of detecting is changing. I do hope we see some new machines from fisher this year that are all what we have been waiting for. But for me I know my machines and it will take something that really has the upper hand to make me spend my money. I don't hunt that much in the hot summer, more in the fall and winter and its harder to find places to hunt so I'm in no big hurry. Anyone going to the GRD hunt

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 03:43PM by Lawrenzo.
July 22, 2014 06:14PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> Component malfunction. It only affects the first
> production run.
>
> The good news is it is easy to see, it was caught
> early and they are making the required changes, as
> well as making it right for everyone that got an
> affected unit.
>
> Sometimes stuff happens. As long as they do
> right by the customer all is well.
>
> HH
> Mike

Mike------How do you know if you got an affected unit & how is it "easy to see"?------Is it in a certain group of S/N's or??
July 22, 2014 07:24PM
It's not Fisher, its First Texas.

www.treasurelinx.com
Your portal to the past.
Free vintage metal detector catalog downloads.

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 22, 2014 07:33PM
Remember Garrett and the issues with the AT Pro launch? Patience people. The perspective of the early end user is always a bit of beta tester. FT & DJ are certainly not happy to have issues with their products. I don't think we can imagine the variables they must deal with to produce such a complicated product in the numbers they must do. Let's give this some time and watch them make it right and I believe they will. Dave Johnson has shown himself to be a stand up guy. First Texas is a leader in the field and has made a ton of great machines. I think in a couple weeks to a month this will all be sorted out.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 22, 2014 07:45PM
I got a email from Fisher, going to send the whole 9 yards back. I am suppose to go on vacation next week, looks like I will be doing it without the F19.
July 22, 2014 09:08PM
Nice to know First Texas is taking care of their customers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 11:45AM by 88junior.
July 22, 2014 11:53PM
Fisher service was great. Shipping out new units and paying for all shipping cost. Stayed in touch all day and made sure I was happy. They are even shipping to meet my needs.

Tom in SC
July 23, 2014 01:37AM
Thats good to hear Tom!
July 23, 2014 10:00PM
I posted this in another message

Well I got mine today and F----EX decided to drown it look like they left it out in the rain for a day or two. Called Fisher no problem they emailed me a Fedex label and away it went dripping wet.
I did ask why they where being recalled and I was told they where not calibrated, I also inquired about the F44, got some acknowledgement but no info.
July 23, 2014 11:52PM
Trucker_Greg Wrote:
> I posted this in another message
>
> Well I got mine today and F----EX decided to drown
> it look like they left it out in the rain for a
> day or two. Called Fisher no problem they emailed
> me a Fedex label and away it went dripping wet.
> I did ask why they where being recalled and I was
> told they where not calibrated, I also inquired
> about the F44, got some acknowledgement but no
> info.

Now that's what I call real (FEDEX) service!------If they aren't mangling the packages throwing "pianos" on them----they're drowning them.-------Fisher is sure trying to make it right though--hope you get the next one ok.-----I'm supposed to get my replacement F-19 from them this week.