Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mosquitoes carry new deadly diseases

Posted by Tri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tri
Mosquitoes carry new deadly diseases
July 23, 2014 12:22PM
I had never heard of chikungunya or EEE (eastern equine encephalitis),or MERS (middle east respiratory syndrome).

I have noticed that chikungunya is here in nc.,
A word to the wise, put on your insect repellant, even if you're just mowing the grass.

Found a near real-time map to check your area.(can zoom in/out)

[www.healthmap.org]
Re: Mosquitoes carry new deadly diseases
July 23, 2014 02:08PM
TRI
The EEE has been around for a few years now. I used to vaccinate our horses for it.
Corey.
Tri
July 23, 2014 02:58PM
Corey, I did read they had a vaccine for the EEE virus and that it had a 70-90% mortality rate for horses, but not one for humans....

Sorry if it makes politically incorrect, to consider all these unaccompanied alien children could be bringing even more diseases here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 02:59PM by Tri.
July 23, 2014 04:25PM
Be happy the mosquitos here cant transmit dengue like in Central America. I travel alot in Panama, and it is a scary issue there.
July 25, 2014 01:07AM
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be happy the mosquitos here cant transmit dengue
> like in Central America. I travel alot in Panama,
> and it is a scary issue there.

confirmed case in south florida!!!!

chuck.
July 25, 2014 12:59PM
LocaL testers are coming up with a lot of known West Nile Virus in N.E. Pa. so on goes the deep woods cutters and it keeps the critters at bay. Heck one bite in the backyard can be dangerous so
act accordingly if outside. Luckily few if any cases on humans have been reported and you don't want to be the first...
July 26, 2014 02:59PM
I live in an area where over the last thirty years I have watched developement after developement being built. Not only did it take away good detecting areas they also have a habbit of putting in these storm water fields. Well all they do is hold water. I often wonder if these areas will one day come back to bite us in the behind in the form of mosquitoes.