Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro help

Posted by mrb1268 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro help
July 27, 2014 03:01AM
Hello everyone, first post here so here
Goes. I'm curently using an At pro
which I am happy with. Looking for
any suggestions and knowledge about the Tesoro
machines. The atp does well overall wet or dry period.
Looking for a gold jewelry machine, am I in the
Ballpark or do i forget Tesoro and go another direction.
Reason i'm considering Tesoro is
they just look simple and lightweight...however
I have grown fond of the target I.D on the atp.
Re: Tesoro help
July 27, 2014 04:05AM
A Tejon or a LOBO ST will fill the bill on 18kHz or there abouts...

But I may also add a G2/GBPro and maybe even a F19 after the recall is situated out on that one....they are on 19khz and very quick ..

They make excellent gold jewelry hutners...

the High freqs are going to net you the smaller thinner gold..yat aslo in the areas that produce will usually be littered with modern trash and high freqs love foil and aluminum ..

Also the AT-Gold would be of a sound investment since you already have the AT-PRO and they can share coil's...

Its not easy to recommend a machine to someone without a little background into what type areas you will hunt and even the soil conditions etc..

Trashy parks
Salt beaches
Bad soil
etc..

Keith
July 27, 2014 04:14AM
disregard this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 09:29AM by mrb1268.
July 27, 2014 04:27AM
I hit send somehow before i finished the
post.....sorry
...i hunt darlington county south carolina
For the most part the soil here is very mild.
I hunt ball feilds, schoolyards, lakes, and
Small streams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 09:31AM by mrb1268.
July 27, 2014 11:19AM
Get yourself a little Tesoro Compadre, you will be amazed how well they work for jewelry. No display but they can't be beat in my book.
July 27, 2014 12:52PM
Plain and simple tough to beat a Tesoro for gold jewelry( any Tesoro but prefer the older notch units) Most Tesoro's perform well in freshwater but not an ideal saltwater unit....Heres a tip with older Tesoro's with the long cord....put the box in your waders put the Disc. at Zero and a fishhook or screw or bobbi pin will cackle but small gold will hit with a solid sound if you want to do shallow fresh water lakes...
July 28, 2014 09:51AM
I have a AT Pro and a bunch of Tesoro detectors. The Tesoros are way more fun to use. You'll see what I'm talking about once you get one.

tabman
July 28, 2014 12:25PM
If you like the ID capabilities the machine you have is excellent for Gold jewelry here's my recommendation's
These three have ID capabilities
Garrett AT-Gold
Tesoro Deleon
Tesoro Cortez
Non ID machines would be as followed
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro Tejon
I use a AT Gold 90% of the time and I love it but there's times when I use a Tesoro just for a change and like Tabman said they're a fun machine to use.
July 29, 2014 12:45PM
Thank you to all, some very good info for sure...not sure what i'm gonna do just yet but so far I like the deleon. I do wish they (tesoro) built at least one of their machines waterproof without it weighing almost 6lbs. ..I don't get the chance to get a new machine very often so I want to satisfy as many questions as i can. I'm sure I'll be calling on you guys to answer another post or two....this is turning out to be far more difficult than I thought it would be, there are just so many nice units out there its staggering . thanks again to everyone.,