Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any F-19 after recall air tests or in ground results yet?

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any F-19 after recall air tests or in ground results yet?
July 30, 2014 11:59AM
If any of you guys have any test results yet please post them inquiring minds want to know!! Thanks Morgan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 12:00PM by 88junior.
wjs
Re: Any F-19 after recall air tests or in ground results yet?
July 30, 2014 01:19PM
I think there is a reason we are not seeing any reports on the repaired ones......Take a guess.....;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 01:20PM by wjs.
July 30, 2014 02:54PM
Keith-------If you have gotten yours back yet--let us know whattcha think???
July 31, 2014 03:29AM
No more info to follow Del..

wont be getting one..

Keith
July 31, 2014 12:43PM
So I guess they aren't all they cracked up to be. Was yours not one of the recalls Keith?
July 31, 2014 05:16PM
I never purchased one Morgan mine was a loaner...

I know everyone wants to Know is it better than a G2 or GB/PRPO..

well what do you need from those machines to make it better..

Volume control and Ferrous volume control?Then Yes
notching? then yes
backlight? then yes
Ability to move tone break seperate from disc and imply notch? Then yes..
More depth? NO

It so seems its using a different processor...yet its very very close to the same as the GB/G2 and to someone who has only used one or the other a little bit of time it would not be noticable...and I feel it would be the learned nuances of each to be the equalizer..There that close audibly...

It feels like they expanded on they quitest unit they have to be more of an all arounder..Not sure why they did not add the 3rd tone though .. but that could be in a newer model later one I guess...not sure...

Keith
wjs
July 31, 2014 07:02PM
I did not find it to be as accurate on the TID either. But I am more of a coin hunter. Maybe had something to do with the weaker performance. Not even close to the same depth as the G2. Like 6 1/2" air test on a clad dime 100% sensitivity and 8 inches on a nickel. I believe even some of the repaired ones were still very weak with hardly any improvement. I hope they can figure out what the problem is I would really like to have one that performed as good as the G2 with the added features.
August 03, 2014 06:33AM
I posted my findings with the F19 6 - 6 1/2 " on a clad dime, also it would not find my 64 Rosey I burried in the ground a year ago unless I ran it in all metal mode.
August 03, 2014 01:33PM
It make you wonder how they would release a machine with such low performance !!
August 03, 2014 02:08PM
gman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It make you wonder how they would release a
> machine with such low performance !!

you would really think the field testers would have picked up on the problems early on....head-to-head with a G2/GBP should have been part of the testing (in a controlled way)

makes you wonder as I think the engineers producing the new model did a great job otherwise...almost seems like some (possibly new) board components could be the culprit...
August 03, 2014 03:59PM
I have a GB and although its not the deepest machine, it does great in iron.
The F19 would have to be amazing in iron to give up the depth and have me thinking of " Upgrading "
August 03, 2014 04:11PM
Mike Hillis just posted air test results on Findmall.----Performance looks comparable to the GB Pro/G2.
wjs
August 03, 2014 07:11PM
""""Mike Hillis just posted air test results on Findmall.----Performance looks comparable to the GB Pro/G2"""""

On his unit anyway. I have not heard of anyone else that is getting that kind of depth. If they are they are not posting it anywhere.
August 04, 2014 03:13PM
I would hope that when they release their new line they get things right and I'm sure they will. It is harder these days to release something with out some kind of problem and that is too bad but this is a way different time we live in. One day it will be hard to find anything in the ground cause we will have dug it up or the ground took care of it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 04, 2014 08:44PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> """"Mike Hillis just posted air test results on
> Findmall.----Performance looks comparable to the
> GB Pro/G2"""""
>
> On his unit anyway. I have not heard of anyone
> else that is getting that kind of depth. If they
> are they are not posting it anywhere.

He is only finding at 4-5 inch depth so not that deep
August 04, 2014 10:47PM
To find the GOOD stuff, one is going to have to build a machine that will "out-do" the machines of the past. I don't know about y'all......but on my primary and productive sites......the good stuff MUST be JUST beyond the reach of the units that I have had.
A Teknetics G-2 WITH Boost Process (it may chatter a bit more than a standard G2) would get my cash in an instant.
I ALMOST purchased the F-19. Normally I would have already had one. All I can say is: "Whew!!!! That was a close one!".......as I most certainly would have had to send it in for RECALL or, if it was deemed "Fully Functioning" by the techs at First Texas.......I would have had to sell it. At a loss. A larger than usual loss.
August 04, 2014 11:03PM
How about that 88 buddy? Who hoo.
August 05, 2014 12:02AM
I hear you Tim!!
August 05, 2014 03:56PM
I dunno what to tell you guys....

I'm posting air results on Findmall so you have some sort of base line to compare the post - recalled units against. I haven't seen any post recall air tests to even bring to an engineer. Grumbling, yes, any facts to report back, no.

Based upon what I read over here caused me to compared the F19 results to the GoldBug Pro results I had previously owned and posted. They seem close enough to call the same.

Speaking of the 5x10 DD coil....I have owned two of these coils previously, and the 5x10 coil supplied with the F19 exiibts the same performance as the first two I owned. The first coil had a F5 sticker on it, the second coil had a Teknectic sticker on it. They are all the same coils.

The title of this thread is "Any F-19 after recall air tests or in ground results yet?". So I come over here to see if anyone has posted regards to the subject. The answer is no, no one has yet. I can only assume that is because 1) they are afraid to post here, or 2) no one has yet to receive a post-recall unit to make comparisons with, or 3) they have one but haven't yet used it.

Help me out with some data.
Mike Hillis
August 05, 2014 04:25PM
Mike I don't think the F-19 is up to the standards of being the deepest relic machine ever like they publicized it to be and at 800 bucks I'd feel like I got taken on it. So this is probably the reason nobody's spoke up. Heck the Eurotek Pro with 11" DD got around the same depth in air test reports at a fraction of the cost than the F-19. I think this machine was a flop by Fisher kinda like the Outlaw was for Tesoro as far as not meeting expectations of the end customer.