Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xpdeus

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xpdeus
August 17, 2014 02:55AM
Decided to buy a xpdeus but, I didn't want to pay $1800 or $1900 for one. Someone told me to contact Ed Huffman from Treasure Mountain. Man am I glad I contacted Ed. He gave me a great deal and now I have had the chance to try out the deus. I am finding old coins in places that have been hunted for 50 years. I've got guys coming up to me wanting to checkout this detector. I have guys coming into my shop saying they have been hunting in our city park and tell me it's hunted out. They say there are no old coins left in that park. I told them I will take my deus to that park and prove there are old coins still there. Went out yesterday for a few hours and found a 1900 Indian head, a 1902 V nickel, a 1920 Buffalo nickel and several wheat cents. I found a silver ring and charm. Mind you I'm a new be with the deus. Ed was kind enough to give me his personal favorite programs for hunting in trashy parks and low trash areas. They worked great. Thanks Ed for all your help and the great deal on the xpdeus.
Re: Xpdeus
August 17, 2014 03:25AM
FYI No dealer advertising here. Glad you like the Deus.
August 17, 2014 03:45AM
I got an incredible quote from a dealer on a Deus and should have it in a week or so. NEVER pay the list price
August 17, 2014 02:30PM
I'd have to sell my other units to buy a Deus....problem is, I can't bring myself to do that. I know, I'm a putz..... Too sentimental for my own good. I did, with very little effort try to sell my old f-75...still have it.
Good luck Mccrory and seky, keep us posted.
August 18, 2014 01:16AM
Yeah Ed is great. Glad you like the Deus.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
August 25, 2014 06:46PM
Ha Guys, Got my 11" coil in today for my xpdeus. Can't wait to take it to our local city park to try it out. Hope it gives me more depth and hits harder on those deep coins. Will let you know what I find. Thanks, Kevin
August 25, 2014 11:19PM
My last Deus was the best metal detector that I have ever used (judging by number of good finds, and number of good finds in iron). It was the 3.2 Deus. If and when I get some new places to hunt......it will be with an XP Deus. Ground balancing is VERY important for maximum depth and probably separation.
August 25, 2014 11:46PM
Hi Kevin. I completely agree with your comment regarding proper ground balancing of the Deus. Which method of GB'ing do you and other Deus users prefer? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 12:21AM by tnduke.
August 27, 2014 01:52AM
I like manual....

Keith
August 27, 2014 02:45AM
I have only had mine four days but manual has worked best for me so far.
August 27, 2014 02:52PM
Thanks Keith and Spaceport.
September 10, 2014 09:35PM
Ha Guys went back again to our city park with the xpdeus. This is the park I was told by others was hunted out. Found a 1909 V-Nickel,1901 Barber Dime,1888 Indian Head penny, 1959 Nickel and 2 wheat pennies from the 20's and handful of newer change. Thanks deus. Love this detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2014 12:20AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
September 10, 2014 11:41PM
Good job Kevin! Looks like you and the Deus are a matched set! Keep up with the good finds and keep us posted.

Charles
September 11, 2014 01:29AM
Congrats on the great finds!
September 11, 2014 03:07AM
I like to pump the coil to GB

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 11, 2014 04:40AM
Congrast on the Nice coinage!!

Sound's like you are enjoying your DEUS! Rightfully So!

Keith
September 11, 2014 05:27AM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ha Guys went back again to our city park with the
> xpdeus. This is the park I was told by others was
> hunted out. Found a 1909 V-Nickel,1901 Barber
> Dime,1888 Indian Head penny, 1959 Nickel and 2
> wheat pennies from the 20's and handful of newer
> change. Thanks deus. Love this detector.

what's with this deus?..seems like it's really catching on!
coin shooter's dream?..all of a sudden,guys are chasing it!
any and all comments appreciated!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 11, 2014 11:37AM
jmaryt Wrote:
> Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ha Guys went back again to our city park with
> the
> > xpdeus. This is the park I was told by others
> was
> > hunted out. Found a 1909 V-Nickel,1901 Barber
> > Dime,1888 Indian Head penny, 1959 Nickel and 2
> > wheat pennies from the 20's and handful of
> newer
> > change. Thanks deus. Love this detector.
>
>
> what's with this deus?..seems like it's really
> catching on!
> coin shooter's dream?..all of a sudden,guys are
> chasing it!
> any and all comments appreciated!..thanks!
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

Oh, "it's the best thing since sliced bread" John!---Hope I'm still sayin that a year from now! ha ha-------Seriously--I got one mainly for relic & (hopefully) a little nuggie hunting.----coin hunting with it being secondary (kinda, sorta like).-------It does really have some neat feature sets---now all I gotta do is figure out how to use them properly! (grin)-----------Del
September 11, 2014 03:09PM
What I love about this detector is even though it doesn't Id at great depth when you go over a deep target you can hear a faint sound and hit the pinpoint button you can hear a deep grunt. You can tell there is a deep target there. I almost gave up on one of the Indian heads because I had to dig deep to get to it. In the same hole would be iron or some other kind of trash. The thing with the Barber Dime and V-nickel was they were maybe 2 or 3 inches apart. I could tell there were 2 targets there because depending on what direction I would swing the coil I could hear to targets with different sounds. Mind you these coins were deep. I'm only using a reactivity 2 right now in a trashy park and when I stop finding older coins I will try reactivity 3. My friend Ed Huffman gave me 2 programs that he claims are the best programs you can use on the deus for coin hunting. I set my deus up using these adjustments and so far they are working great for me. I trust Ed to give me some of the best information on how to use the deus to its max because he was on the team that help test the deus here in the US and he knows things about the deus and how to program it for max performance based on what type of hunting you are into. For those of you that would like to try out these programs here they are. Let us all know how they work for you.

You can make these adjustments in any program you want to start in but, I chose basic 1 program to be my starting point.
clean ground Trashy
Sensitivity 90-95 80
TX P 3 2
Iron V 1 1
React 2 or 3 4
Silencer -1 0
Disc 8 8
Audio res 5 5
Notch 97-99 97-99
Freq 8khz 8khz
5 Tones

Break points Tone 1 (10) Tone settings Tone 1 (200) mhz
Tone 2 (45) Tone 2 (553) mhz
Tone 3 (72) Tone 3 (702) mhz
Tone 4 (97) Tone 4 (800) mhz
Tone 5 (200) MHz
Mind you I have only been using the deus for a few months and I ask Ed for his personal favorite programs for coin hunting. Hope they work great for you. Please let us know what you think if you try these programs out. Thanks, Kevin
September 11, 2014 09:27PM
Just went to the city park again for few hours. dug a 1885, 1890, 1901 Indian head a1920 buffalo nickel. Digging only deep signals. Deus does it again. The area I have detected so far is only 10' by 20' This park is 5 acres. Thanks, Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 12:21AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
September 12, 2014 05:25AM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> Just went to the city park again for few hours.
> dug a 1885, 1890, 1901 Indian head a1920 buffalo
> nickel. Digging only deep signals. Deus does it
> again. The area I have detected so far is only 10'
> by 20' This park is 5 acres. Thanks, Kevin

how deep is deep?..what type of audio did you get on the coins?
high?..low?..etec ..etec..what's your set up for coins?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 12, 2014 11:57AM
JT,he just posted his coin set up.
September 12, 2014 01:43PM
The program I posted is for most old coins. As Lawrenzo pointed out to me with the notch at 97-99 any silver larger than a quarter will be notched out. I believe the reason Ed has that on the end is for pop cans and other large items made of the same material. So today I am setting up a new program with no notch at the end and making a few adjustments recommended by Lawrenzo to see if I can come up with a program for old deep coins that also hits on all sizes of silver coins. Let you know what I find. What amazes me so far with this deus is the park I am hunting has been hit with hundreds of detectors since the 70's. My brother and I have hunted this park with a dozen different brands of detectors since the 70's and for me to find all these old coins within a 10' by 20' area that I know we hit hard over the years. I can't believe we missed that many coins. No one in my area hunts this park much anymore for the lack of finding any old coins anymore. I guess its true what Tom D. said. That 95% of the coins are still in these areas that people claim are hunted out. All I know is there is something about this deus that is different than any detector I have ever used at this park and I can't wait until I master this detector and see what's else is hiding in the ground. Thanks
September 12, 2014 02:18PM
A 150 year old property with years of layers of metal/iron, nails and bits, hot rocks, soil type, modern trash, etc...that 95% estimation could even be a tad low. The finds we make have to be positioned just right... or we have to swing over them just right for us to detect them with the units we have. We all have done unmasking tests to be disappointed in the results. Along comes a detector that has an edge for unmasking. The guys here are proving that......very exciting for a lot of us.
September 12, 2014 04:23PM
((( Yes..... 95% is somewhat of a conservative number )))
September 18, 2014 05:29AM
I used the Ed Huffman program for coins in clean ground today. Seven quarters, seven dimes, seven pennies, 2 nickels and a child's silver ring (stamped .925) in less than three hours of hunting. No oldies, but this was an area worked hard with the F75SE on multiple occasions previously. No doubt that if the Deus had covered a silver coin today, I would have it already. Maybe tomorrow <g>. Ed's coin program seemed to work very well. Thanks for sharing it, Kevin.

ps...liking the Deus very much. Recovered a few non-ferrous targets, mostly coins, some trash, with badly decomposed/rusted nails in the hole with them. Starting to see a pattern... <g>

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 18, 2014 09:43PM
Hit my city park again. Still hunting in the same 10' by 20' area. Still digging deep signals. Got a 1857 flying eagle penny, 1891 Indian head,1899 Indian head and 1912 wheat and a silver ring. Can't get over how many old coins I have pulled out of that small area after so many others including myself have hunted that very spot. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for even hunting this old park but, I guess I will let them all keep thinking that there's nothing left to find and just keep hunting it. Thanks, Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 10:32PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
September 20, 2014 01:14AM
Congrats Kevin on another great hunt. I enjoy reading about others having success; it's quite inspiring.
Duke
September 20, 2014 02:26AM
Thanks Duke, I just can't get over how many coins were missed by so many others including myself using so many other detectors over the years. I'm not a expert using the deus but, yet I was able to find coins in places I personally went over many times. There is something about the deus that can pick coins out of trashy or iron covered areas that other detectors I have used couldn't find. I have ask my friends to take there detectors over to our city park and hunt a area I haven't hunted with the deus and show me what they find. Then I will take the deus to that same area and will see what I can find. My friends all have there favorite detectors. There will be guys using Fisher, Whites, Garrett, Tesoro and minelab detectors. These guys aren't beginners when it come to detecting. They have all been hunting for many years and have hunted this park many times over in the past. Mind you these are the same guys that thought this park had stopped producing good finds years ago. I told them I would give them a few weeks to get to the park and detect the area that they have all agreed on. I have no dought they will find coins. The test I am trying to do is to see what I can find when they are all done. I want to thanks Ed Huffman and Lawrenzo for all there expert help on how to best set up the deus to hunt this park. I hope in time I to become a expert like them with the deus and am able to teach others what I have learned. Kevin
September 20, 2014 09:14AM
something about these post seem fishy...just saying.