Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is there........

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is there........
August 25, 2014 12:49AM
any reason to keep a GB Pro, G2, or F-19 when you have a (V 3.2) XP Deus??----I've got a "fall back" detector already.
Re: Is there........
August 25, 2014 01:28AM
Heh Del, I just bought a new Deus, but I will NEVER get rid of my G2. Havent had a chance to get out with the Deus so far, but the Deus should be able to do everything my G2 has done for me so far and much more...but that remains to be seen.
wjs
August 25, 2014 01:31AM
Is there any reason to keep the Deus if you have an F19.............;o) I actually like the G2, F19 better. For me the ID is more accurate on the F19, G2 detectors. If I was a relic hunter I would probably take the Deus but I mostly coin hunt in public parks.
August 25, 2014 01:36AM
My gb pro is up for sale,but not trying to hard till I see how well the Deus does prospecting for gold. If its as good or better,then I may have found the perfect detector for me.
August 25, 2014 02:30AM
Hey, it sounds like you guys are kinda in the same boat I am.----I got a Deus coming & want to see how it "plays out" compared to the GB Pro & F-19.-----I was hoping the Deus could replace them as a versatile relic, gold AND coin machine.--A little time will tell I guess.------Also hoping the Deus isn't too hyped up chattery, the GB Pro got me plumb spoiled in that regard.----Looks like the Deus has some super neat feature sets on it.--------Del
August 25, 2014 02:35AM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any reason to keep the Deus if you have
> an F19.............;o) I actually like the G2,
> F19 better. For me the ID is more accurate on the
> F19, G2 detectors. If I was a relic hunter I would
> probably take the Deus but I mostly coin hunt in
> public parks.

Ha ha I like your first sentence Bill!-----Your point(s) are well taken----maybe I'll keep 'em both!
August 25, 2014 03:33AM
I kept my G2 so I can compair the deus with it. This way you can kind of relearn the way the g2 reacts to targets the deus sees in iron. It maybe that the G2 can't hold its own when taking on the Deus and I'm sure that is the case. The G2 is preprogramed so you can't really ajust it where the Deus has some nice ways to use it in bad ground. I also kept my At Gold because I love the all metal. But at some point it will be that I need a backup and my testing will help me get rid of one machine. I have the 11 coil and that is so light I could setup the Deus so I can hunt with the controler on one unit and use the 9" coil as a second unit that could become a backup and I won't need any other detectors...I think the Deus is giving a lot of the other compaines out there a run for their money and if the Deus didn't cost so much I think a lot more people will buy them.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 25, 2014 03:43AM
Hey Del the DEUS is first and formeost an iron unmasker....

yet its a very talkitive machine...and if you set it up right and grasp when and where to do what to the setting's then it is very all around and versatile...

I can hunt modern trash with it well listening for the modulated depth hit's....I can hunt bad ground very well...I can hunt iron as good as it get's....I believe it will hunt small gold in bad dirt very very well once the propectors get them in their hands...

one thing for certian if you use the DEUS in a spot set up to the spot then it will perform admirable.Maybe better than you can imagine...

In the iron its stellar...

But its hard to get a answer to a question about should you get rid of your machines and keep the DEUS when I think you will have to decide that for yourself..Get out in the field and use the dog out of it for a week or two then see what you think...I think you will be surprised ....

On the DEUS youll know when you have the settings out of whack for the freq. it will let you know...one thing I can tell you is keep close to 90 on the round for awhile till you get used to its behavior...it can get quite chatty on lower Ground bal setting's if theres alot of hot pocket mineral or hot rocks....that can be good or bad according how you are using it....The machine hears it all, it has a very good audible feedback to let you know if your set up right or not...

Keith
August 25, 2014 07:30AM
Hmmm,... I came from a Deus 3.2 to a Goldbug Pro and F75 Ltd. Other way around.
Maybe I should have kept it and learned the language,...

Anyway, there is something to be said for the ID and VCO tones of the Goldbug Pro / F19.
The F75 Ltd has awesome depth to it and a whole bunch of coils, mine is permanently fixed on Delta Pitch tones.
It reports the coins mixed in with the bottlecaps better than the 99 tones on the Deus, probably coil design.
Not sure,... but it has bagged me more coin signals from between the bottlecaps.

There is a reason to keep the Fishers and loose the Deus,... as much so as there is a valid reason to keep a Deus and loose the Fishers.
But hey,... you can't use em all at the same time,... learn to use them proficiently all at the same time.

So I let the Deus 3.2 go and sailed on happily into the horizon with the Fisher family.

Is one unit better than the other,... just different and "different" maybe the key you need to unlock that hunted out site.

HH
Johnb
August 25, 2014 07:17PM
Del , I still have my GBPro but seldom use it or my F75, think I may sell the F75 And keep the GBP AS a backup.........D
August 25, 2014 07:46PM
Hobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Del , I still have my GBPro but seldom use it or
> my F75, think I may sell the F75 And keep the GBP
> AS a backup.........D

Sounds like a plan Darrel.---Those GB Pros are sweet machines!---------Del
August 26, 2014 02:04AM
The Deus is a superb old relic site machine and a great coin unmasker in more modern sites but be prepared to dig a lot as target ID about worthless past 3 inches often giving silver coin range of numbers on smallish can slaw and most pull tabs at depth. The audio does give you way more info than target id once you learn the language it speaks. Dug a Barber dime and nice 1918 Merc at a hammered park yesterday and they both had that nice round dig me sound with good numbers as well . A lot of the deeper low conductors gave good numbers as well but did not give the sweet sounding dig me reports . Not a cherry picker like the FBS machines but boy is it lighter and faster !
August 26, 2014 02:15AM
I know what you mean by the round dig me sound. I knew it on a few other detectors. But the Deus has that sound down quite nice. And it gets my heart pumping.