Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Setting up the Deus

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Setting up the Deus
August 25, 2014 03:19AM
Well I got the Deus and am amazed how light it is and how compact it is. When you want to take it with you for a hunt it will fit in a backpack so you can hike through the woods and not have to hold it in your hand. So, how do they pack so much punch in a detector so light? I have read so much about this machine and that's part of the fun of spending your hard earned money on a detector that is totaly different from anything I have used or seen.

Understanding the programing is something I thought I would need to really try and wrap my mind around but there are only a few things that you have to understand. And we all have different dirt and some of us hunt for relics some for gold and some hunt at parks. So it's nice to see you can make some changes that may really help you. The main IQ behind this detector it seems to me is unmasking iron. And from what I have read and from what Tom says there is a ton of great targets in the ground being masked. So if you have a place with bad ground and iron you have your hands full but his machine seems to fit that bill. Even though I have not tried it yet I can see by all the Youtube videos and on the forums that this machine maybe the unmasker of unmaskers. I will go on a hunt next Sat a place that has been hit really hard for years but we always find something worth taking home and bragging about. So my next review will be how the machine handles in some really bad Calif dirt. And I have read a lot and thought a lot about the settings. Depth is not a big concern when hunting in heavy iron but being able to clean some of that iron out and then finding some of the relics that are hiding in there is what counts. I'm sure if you could clean an area out from the iron you could try a setup for more depth. Where I'm going hunting depth is really important there is iron but not blankets of it and with the recovery set at three and from what I understand that is almost three times faster then any machine out there. So yeah you don't want to clip the tone mixed with iron so you can't really hear the target but at that speed being able to hear the iron and the good target is going to be fun.

The 11" coil is so light that I can't really tell the difference between that and the 9". I got a real great deal on the coil and headphones and some other stuff.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 03:34AM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Setting up the Deus
August 25, 2014 03:54AM
Keep your reactivity at 3 in medium to heavy iron 18k....lighter iron use 2 for more depth......your f75 is 1.5 reactivity in nromal mode and 1 in BP mode for comparison...Your f75 will be deeper but a tad slower...

but also remember if you have very bad dirt the 3 reactivity is lightning fast and shallower but it can see through bad dirt to say 6-7 inches with better I.D. than using reactivity of 2....

so you need to set it up fopr the sites your on..I chnged my settings aorund today 3 or 4 times in a two acre area... the dirt went form no fe bars to full tilt and lots of iron to a nail every so often ...

also dotn for get your silencer..keep it off learnt he machine like that...it gives you better fuller audio reports and helps punch...

I see to many people running the DEUS in a COMFORTABLE program...but you can pushthe machine hard if you grasp when and where to use different setting's....the machine can come alive if you let it and then listen to it when its unleashed ...

Keith
August 26, 2014 01:48AM
I had to use a comfortable program today. I was back at the site I found that half dime. There is so much junk and old deep iron here that I had no other choice but to dial it back. I was getting hit after hit on deep iron. It was giving me that 94-95 ID on the meter. I would dig a plug and of course the TRX would say deeeeeper. Now I was running my own program so I switched to Basic 2. There I made some changes to the settings to run as hot as I could. From 80 to 90 sensitivity. I settled for a silencer of 2. That stopped 80% of those false deep iron signals right there. I was at zero. Reactivity from three to two. Settled for a discrimination of 8.5 and lowered the iron volume to 1. That stopped my headache from the noise. 8 kHz for deep silver is not that bad of a frequency. I was tired of the little targets that 18kHz was ringing up anyways. I also notched 97-99. So my point is every now and then you just have to take what the site is offering. The Deus settled down. I settled down. And I pulled an 1880 Indian. I saved the program and will use it again tomorrow. The Deus is a very versatile detector. When I'm out detecting and things start becoming unstable I always go to a stock program and dial it back up from there. The one thing I will say about the 11 inch coil is that you can still get pretty depth without running the Deus balls to the wall.

My goal is to one day leave the remote in my car. I don't think I am there yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 02:00AM by goodmore.
August 26, 2014 02:28AM
I might take the remote and put in my pocket but I have no intention of leaving it behind as there are too many important functions to adjust with it. I suppose at a site where you already have got it tweaked to perfection.
More important than the function are the tones from the remote. If you use a volume control out of the bottom and an adapter for your favorite headphones , you will find the tones from the remote are superior in clarity to both the WS4 and 5 setups. Wireless is great but for some reason it's better from the remote.