Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Like magic !! the 3.2 DEUS in bad dirt

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Like magic !! the 3.2 DEUS in bad dirt
August 25, 2014 04:04AM
I hit a small site with some really nasty orange dirt with 3/4's of the fe-bars full and again checked targets in reactivity 2 and they said ferrous/non ferrous tone roll...I went to reactivity 3 and nice tight high tones these 3 .44 colt Variant pistol bullets from the civil war were found.....there was medium iron here and bad dirt...also dug a junk button and notice the iron stain on the front...

the bullets were 7- 8 inches deep in packed iron dirt...the DEUS loves this dirt.....another machine called these bullets iron...very common occurence around here..

IRONMAN program

I was on the edge of a house site

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 09:12PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Like magic the 3.2 DEUS in bad dirt
August 25, 2014 01:48PM
Excellent Keith ;-)

D-Ray's going to LOVE the Deus he just bought from me!

He just don't know it yet!

EDIT:

I just ordered a new Deus with the Vance muff headphones (it's being shipped out to me today)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 05:04PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
August 25, 2014 03:34PM
I think I will try 3 and then 2 once I see how much or little iron is in the ground good post Keith

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 25, 2014 07:51PM
Good Job Keith, Mean machine for sure smiling smiley

And congrats Ray with getting the Deus, You'll like the machine no question it'll serve you well. We'll need to get together in the fall, El and I have a place we'd like to share with you. We can meet in Los Banos then car pool from there and hookup with El, Would be neat to see you bag a Phoenix button.

Thanks for sharing Keith,
Paul (Ca)
August 26, 2014 12:25AM
Yeah guys,I cant wait!Keith,the post Nevada Chris made on prospecting with the Deus,he mentioned a dead on ground balance is essential to his success. But he did say the Deus outperformed his GB Pro. Ive become friends with possibly the best nugget shooter in our area, now all I need is time,lol.

Paul,I definitely want to hunt with you two...lets make plans as soon as the ground softens up. Ray
August 26, 2014 02:50PM
Keith or anyone else for that matter.

If there is a bit if iron say the size of a bullet buried at 8" i found
Most machines don't detect this as iron but a good target.

How would the xp deus detect such a piece? as iron or just a
Target?

Thanks
August 26, 2014 04:04PM
Yes alot of machine's wrap deep small iron around to the high tone....the worse the dirt the more it happens it so seems...

I have some dirt in one spot here that every small square nail high tones on any machine I use...the dirt is awful...it pegs the f.e. meters on the FT machines...

the DEUS can do this to....but I can add the XP's does not seem to use a conventional ground bal of what we are accustom to on most machines....

And one thing I find the DEUS has excellent bad dirt see through with more positve I.D. of if a target is iron or not...not to say it still wont mis I.D. but for a VLF machine it has very very very good iron ground i.d. punch....and I mean this by if its iron or not ....

To further expand your question about High tone on nails....

From my experience on this once a target reaches a threshold in the dirt on depth for size its able to be detected at,, most all target's become the high tone especially coin sized targets ....especially in iron dirt..

if you look at a machine that goes from say 0-100 on I.D. most will tell you that 100 is hot rock and 95 is silver dollar...well if you look at your meter on the falsing deep nail or even say a super deep Nickle they will read that 100 I.D. HOT ROCK.....but their not hot rocks....The machine is fooled into thinking their hotrocks because of the mineral and depth of the target ground setting etc.....it gets a read on it but its so faint and weak it mimics hot rock...But your trained ear knows better ...explorers are awful about doing this....upper right hand corner high ring tone....

but usually this happens more when the dirt is of the iron type from my experience...and if you have full scale meter on your machien and not segmented watch it when it fasles and it will be in the uper 90's..above silver dollar...

a few machines leave room for this like alot of whites..and the Coinstrike even expanded on this area aboce silver dollar and a few more have approached it also.....you wont see many deep neail read 95....they will read upper 90's.. but also remember a deep legitimate target can read up there too thinking its a hot rock...BUT ITS NOT...

Know how to hunt your dirt and what to expect...
August 26, 2014 09:22PM
Wayne ..Sounds good on the new DEUS coming.....Im building me some muffs right now...trying different speakers,,,The DEUS audio is finnicky about the right speaker's for true sound conveying...

Paul Thanks ...And I hope you and Ray meet up...I would love to get out that way one day for a couple of weeks of swinging ...maybe one day!!

Ray...Youll love the DEUS for iron work and believe me bad dirt work....and also the combination of both...Good info on the DEUS against the GB PRO..

I hate to compare one machine to another but I sort of know which one will be more sensitive to small gold in running both ...his results are no shock..

the 3.2 DEUS can see into bad dirt extremely well with accurate iron/non-iron perception....

As Paul said mean machine!

Keith
Re: Like magic !! the 3.2 DEUS in bad dirt
August 27, 2014 12:38AM
Thanks for the reply keith.

Just wonder how the deus would go in highly mineralised iron
Stone infested ground...
August 27, 2014 01:50AM
Yes would you will really like the DEUS in ironstone dirt...its the Top XP machine and probably the best VLF in iron dirt Ive ran to date..When set right..

Keith
August 28, 2014 05:11PM
Here's the Vance Muffs Keith

sleek design - quality speakers and they block out noise very very good - way better than any of the deus headphones - he tested like 30 different speakers ohms/etc and settled on these - can't wait to test them out - my new Deus should be here today!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 05:13PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
August 28, 2014 11:03PM
Man , I hope you have a small head and little ears.
I broke the head band on mine trying to stretch them out enough to be comfortable and I only wear a size 7 1/8 hat.
August 28, 2014 11:49PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man , I hope you have a small head and little
> ears.
> I broke the head band on mine trying to stretch
> them out enough to be comfortable and I only wear
> a size 7 1/8 hat.

They adjust from the cuffs where the wires are ---- they don't work like the Deus ws5's where the whole band slides in/out

there's more than enough adjustment --- and I have a 7 1/4 hat size :-/
August 29, 2014 01:55AM
Yeah I know. I moved them in and out and torqued the tension tab , all to no avail--it either pinched my head or smashed my ears against the mesh inside the muff. The padding is not as deep and the hole not as large as headphones like the Grey Ghosts or Koss and after a couple of hours , I had a grid marks on the edges of my ears that were pretty uncomfortable to touch. I about had them "adjusted " to just the right point when I snapped the spring steel in the headband. Bummer. Not a complete loss however as I took the tensioning parts out of an old pair of Koss UR-30s and splinted them to the outside of the Vance muffs with cable ties and the fit is much better.
August 29, 2014 03:26AM
Dude...I just got your Deus today....and your already replacing it?Almost makes me feel guilty....almost,lol.
August 29, 2014 04:00AM
3M Protac II headphones
3,5 mm audio in cable
WS4 backplate, you need to cut one of the solder spots on the backplate to make them work.

A more mellow sound, but the tonal range lets you hunt in Pitch tones.
The coins are easier to pick out because they sound more "round".

Anyway lost the Deus 3.2 due to sad buttons, as primarily a beach hunter I like to check signals in All Metal at the flick of a switch.

HH
Johnb
September 01, 2014 06:08AM
good info Scoop!!
September 01, 2014 02:51PM
I have some Sunray Pro Golds converted that sound very good as well as the Vance muffs . Also have the Gray ghost phones and not impressed with tone quality . The Chef phones sound very good as well to my ears . I much prefer speakers that convey the higher pitches/tones .
September 01, 2014 04:56PM
the howard lights are light and I cracked mine the plastic is very thin you have to be careful with them but the sound is great you can hear the tones and the color of the tone

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 01, 2014 05:27PM
I sold my chephone cp 6's due to ear pain from wearing glasses. the phones would make the frames off my glasses mash into my head.....ouch. Had to go back to the backphones. Ive heard the vance phones are awesome sounding but if its the same size howard leights They wont fit right.