Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Great interview with Alain Loubet from XP detectors

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Great interview with Alain Loubet from XP detectors
September 12, 2014 07:38PM
[bodhi3.wordpress.com]

Alain Loubet is the founder and chief designer of XP Metal Detectors..

Maybe this will be of use to someone..Answers questions that may be on your mind...like why no color display...why no underwater model...future of the Xp..ETC..

I may also add this...

notice anything unique about the xp facility in france....Hint it serves two purposes..

Keith

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2014 08:00PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Great interview with Alain Loubet from XP detectors
September 12, 2014 07:55PM

Keith Southern [ PM ]
Great interview with Alain Loubet from XP detectors New
September 12, 2014 07:38PM Registered: 5 years ago

[bodhi3.wordpress.com]

Alain Loubet is the founder and chief designer of XP Metal Detectors..

Maybe this will be of use to someone..Answers questions that may be on your mind...like why no color display...why no underwater model...future of the Xp..ETC..

Keith

Thanks much for the link-Will bookmark and check it out this weekend.

What was once impossible..... is now easy and obvious. BUT.......... if : You don't know...what you don't know........ it continues to appear/look impossible.
-Thomas Dankowski
September 12, 2014 08:09PM
flat roof to hold all the old metal detectors they throw up there?
September 12, 2014 08:39PM
Looks like a bunker with solar panels.
September 12, 2014 09:18PM
They design and manufacture there.
September 12, 2014 09:56PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [bodhi3.wordpress.com]
> nterview-with-alain-loubet-ceo-and-chief-designer-
> xp-metal-detectors/
>
> Alain Loubet is the founder and chief designer of
> XP Metal Detectors..
>
> Maybe this will be of use to someone..Answers
> questions that may be on your mind...like why no
> color display...why no underwater model...future
> of the Xp..ETC..
>
>
> I may also add this...
>
> notice anything unique about the xp facility in
> france....Hint it serves two purposes..
>
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> c09092-a874-4d3c-973e-18e9b03ff904_zps95b7355f.jpg
>
>
> Keith

I see it Keith. How clever to put your facility right in the middle of a golf course so you could work in 9 holes on the lunch break. I don't care for golf so I would have made those window awnings into solar generators myself but , different horse for different courses smiling smiley
September 12, 2014 10:06PM
No electric lines, all solar, less emi?
September 12, 2014 10:14PM
How neat if I'm seeing it correctly. Solar panels used as sun shades. Never would have thought of it.
September 13, 2014 02:46AM
ozzie Wrote:
> No electric lines, all solar, less emi?

Yep, even the factory is wireless...
September 13, 2014 03:22AM
Yes solar panels for sure!!! And how neat is it that they are doing double duty as sunvisors over the windows also...

Way to go Connor!!

Hey Ozzie...Im not sure if the whole factory is off the grid or not??? Maybe just burried power lines...But again they may very well be running when they need to off battery juice only...Who Knows Nice catch on that..I wasnt even considering that...I just thought it was neat the Solar panels were doing double duty....

Keith
September 13, 2014 12:12PM
Even with solar, there is still electricity in the building to power up.....still not emi-less.
September 13, 2014 01:06PM
good interview! Thanks Keith!
September 13, 2014 04:05PM
funny thing about deus is that you can change about everything by yourself [www.youtube.com]
September 13, 2014 05:35PM
Great video Liaso...

that's whats up!!!!

talk about having a machine you can virtually keep some extra parts on hand and fix it your self even out on an extended remote area hunt...no down time...

Also what I find unique about the DEUS is the headphones can also control the machine...another double duty scenario...Say your Control unit goes out...well the hunt is not over...what if you had went 50 miles into a remote area and the control unit went on the blink...no worries..Get an extra coil and if you need warranty work done send the broken part in and still be hunting...EXCEPTIONAL out of the box thinking...

everything SEEMS so simple...and dont think for a minute the manufacturers dont KNOW that with a product like this its easy for them to cover warranty work worldwide...I seriously doubt that they would bother to work on the board if it went out..they just slide another one in...or you do it yourself..you doptn have to pack the detector up and ship it around the world..CLEVER is an understatement..

The 21st century detector is upon us...This type technology needs to be encouraged and built upon..The corner has been turned Tech wise we need to adapt..See what Alain says in the interview..."theres alot more that can be done with VLF"...The digital programming is going to push this tech to new heights I truly feel this...

I may aslo add the instrument is light...But its not flimsy or cheap...it has clean lines and built sturdy and also has a some what artistic look to it right down to the pole system even...

its pleasing to they eye while functional...

Im not a wirelss fan..yet at the same time...I cant fault the DEUS one iota...no lag time non hiccups...its clean running.. and as I come to accept it I can see where coil wires can snag hang and come sliced or nicked in relic hunting in briars and such...

I actually think some of the cleaness and speed and such of the machine is from the wireless..the cable could acutally slow down some of the processing...

We tend to not like change...but dont fight it appreciate it.. if you have one its a Quality piece of electronic equipment..Appreciate all that has went into it to make it SEEM simple like theres nothing there...theres a whole lot there...

Keith
September 13, 2014 07:31PM
Don't forget there is a speaker AND a headphone jack on the control box! That helps over ride one's basic insecurities while gaining confidence in the wireless system.

I have been inside computers, laptops and cell phones and appreciate the user serviceable design shown in the video. Watching the guy working it was clear he is not a pro, but he had absolutely no trouble replacing the screen and battery. He did not need any fancy tools for the job either. I am impressed!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 15, 2014 02:07PM
Hello everybody!

I'm Leonardo/"Bodhi3", author of the interview and also blog director.

I'm very glad you've enjoyed my article.

I'd like to invite you to read the other articles in English language, including a complete test to the new DEUS 11" DD coil.

[bodhi3.wordpress.com]
September 15, 2014 03:29PM
I liked the interview but it was not up to date with the new software release and of couse he is not going to reveal some of the things he was asked..I still think a two freq running at the same time could happen even if they had to add a new control unit that we buy...If that can help with old coins then it would be a great thing to have...But maybe that is not needed. The V3 never really did make a game changer for me and my G2 out hunted it time and time again

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 15, 2014 03:59PM
Keith: Re: this line: "The 21st century detector is upon us...This type technology needs to be encouraged and built upon"

Here are some enthuiasts modifying and improving the Deus:
[xpdeus.ru]
[xpdeusfan.free.fr]
September 18, 2014 01:57PM
Keith, this is typical for western europe in gerneral.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes solar panels for sure!!! And how neat is it
> that they are doing double duty as sunvisors over
> the windows also...
>
> Way to go Connor!!
>
> Hey Ozzie...Im not sure if the whole factory is
> off the grid or not??? Maybe just burried power
> lines...But again they may very well be running
> when they need to off battery juice only...Who