Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Went to the Dead Zone

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Went to the Dead Zone
September 14, 2014 01:38AM
I spent a few hours at a site filled with iron and junk. Took my time with the Nokta Fors Core . I am very pleased with this detector......

23 wheats, 3 silver dimes, dog tag (93) and some other odds and ends.

Tom in SC
Re: Went to the Dead Zone
September 14, 2014 01:49AM
Not so dead. Like the watch key,,,, about 2-o-clock to the round ball.
September 14, 2014 02:28AM
Lotta good targets for dead zone! So that Nokta pretty good in iron?
September 14, 2014 02:38AM
I am happy with it. Not as good as the Deus but deeper.

Tom in sc
September 14, 2014 02:48AM
Nice silver Tom...Congrats...

is it better than a proper T2..S.E.

Keith
September 14, 2014 06:07AM
NIce! WTG, Tom. So, did you leave all the iron and junk in the ground, and just dug the good stuff? If so, tell me how!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 14, 2014 01:28PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice silver Tom...Congrats...
>
> is it better than a proper T2..S.E.
>
> Keith

Keith, I think it is equal in some ways, better in others. The tones are kinda raggy in my opinion. Not as crisp. The ability to see good targets close to iron is very good. I had several good signals and would dig iron thinking it was
a false signal. Then recheck the hole to still have a good signal but better in quality. EMI does not seem to be a problem. When set at 60 sensitivity it is very smooth and depth is very good. When you turn it up, the only
issue I have seen was that it would false on iron . But it was easy to eliminate with a cross swing over the target. You know sometimes you come across a detector that just fits your style. This seems to be mine. I saw it for sale on the forum and did a little research. Not much out there on the Fors Core. So I took a chance and glad I did. It is possible to over drive the sensitivity and you know by shallow targets giving an overload. Here is the best video that I have found. He is using the small coil.
[www.youtube.com]

Tom in SC
September 14, 2014 05:54PM
Nice digs for a "dead zone"!

Good report too Tman

HH
September 14, 2014 09:41PM
Hey Tman, I gotta ask is it hotter than that super hot CZ6a you had awhile back?
September 15, 2014 12:36AM
thanks Tom...

The reason I ask is I heard it was more or less copied from a T2...To outdo a T2 I would think it would need variable tone break for site work...

Nice company, they sent me parts for the velox one no charge..

box seems like its a bit of an overkill..I think its more for looks than Necessity...Humm looks like another machine ????Cant think of which one LOL...

Glad you enjoy it.

Keith
September 16, 2014 01:28AM
((( Yes, almost exactly sounds/reacts like a T2/F75 )))
September 19, 2014 12:12AM
AH' Come on now don't leave me hangin' Dude?
September 19, 2014 12:50AM
Harold, The CZ6a that I had must have been a mistake by Fisher, I have never found another one like it. But I do really like this detector. It is great in iron, really deep. I am having fun and not having to over think each signal.
It is good or not!!!!

Tom in SC
September 19, 2014 03:44AM
I have only used the Fors Gold a few hours but it has made a terrific first impression on me. Very quiet, stable operation.
September 19, 2014 11:35PM
Thanks Tman and don't mean to rub it in,But Dan, PA. said it was the hottest CZ he ever seen! And we all know Dan has had a lot of CZ's. LOL!
September 20, 2014 12:01AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Tman and don't mean to rub it in,But Dan,
> PA. said it was the hottest CZ he ever seen! And
> we all know Dan has had a lot of CZ's. LOL!

Yea, Dan and I passed it around between us and then I let it get away......... Here is a tip for everyone. If you have a detector that really rings your bell, always record the serial number before you sell it.
I always did, but my laptop crashed before I made a backup. ( write them in a book)...lol You never know when seller remorse will set in.....

Tom in SC
September 20, 2014 12:41AM
I like the fact that you can over drive the sensitivity. I hate detectors that give me the feeling of wanting more. I want to punch it to the floor and then back it down from there. The AT Pro was a prime example. Not enough power. The first thing I thought when I saw a picture of it was what a cool handle. The second thing was that box is too big. I'm glad you found a detector that you click with. Gary's hunting video was very good. It showed the ability of the detector in iron quite well.
September 20, 2014 01:05AM
Everybody should be able to swing one for just one day......

Tom in SC
September 21, 2014 06:53PM
would like to see more videos from you using this machine Tman