Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OT The joy of growing up with an air rifle!!! OT

Posted by scoopjohnb 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OT The joy of growing up with an air rifle!!! OT
September 16, 2014 11:38AM
GB Pro, nice machine.

Took it out for a spin in the backyard, we put in some new topsoil. Lot's of new targets :-)
Just have to wait several months for the grass to take hold,... or the landscaper will probably run me over with his digger!!

He's got a really big digger compared to my tinkered Lesche!!

Anyway swung over to the other lawn and proceeded to dig a few targets with the GB Pro,...
After chasing my third target around for a few minutes with the pinpointer.

IT DAWNED ON ME.

I shot these pesky air rifle pellets myself!!!!

Ah well,... just about 4 boxes of 500 pellets to go and the backyard will be nice and clean again.

HH
Johnb
Re: OT The joy of growing up with an air rifle!!! OT
September 16, 2014 01:05PM
Memories..memories ...yep Daisy and Red Ryder were popular way back when.....good thing we don't detect marbles as many flew out of my homemade slingshot also...
September 16, 2014 01:28PM
That is the beauty of having used a potato cannon for a few years....all those potatoes and lemons (lemons go VERY far) just go away without adding to the metal trash. Nothing better than shooting those catipillar tents out of trees with a potato. Makes grown men giggle like 4 year old girls.

on a sadder note, I pity the one who tries to detect my dad's place. .22 caliber pellet gun with the pellet being the force to shoot hundreds of lit sparklers all over the place.
September 16, 2014 07:12PM
That takes me back to my Crossman 760 pump air rifle I had in the good old 70's. Man those were the day's!
September 18, 2014 06:06PM
My dad gave me a Daisy BB gun on my 7th birthday. My worldview changed dramatically after that. Life was only about shooting time and ammo. All I wanted for Christmas was more BB's. All I wanted for birthdays was more BB's. I'd scour the alleys looking for coke bottles to redeem. I could get a tube of BB's for a dime (2 coke bottles) a RC cola for a dime (2 more coke bottles) and a bag of peanuts for a nickel (1 coke bottle). Life was good on a quarter back then. But the tube of BB's came first.

Summer time cicadas (what we called locusts) were my favorite targets. Some folks didn't like me shooting their birds but nobody had a problem with me shooting the cicadas out of their trees. Funny that no one was concerned about my age back then either.

Lot of memories wraped up in Daisy air rifle.

Thanks for bringing them back.

HH
Mike
September 18, 2014 08:11PM
Yes Air rifles were fun...But whats funny is I had a .22 rifle before I had a BB gun...It was my fathers from when he was a Boy..he used it for mink shooting...he bought it when he was 8 just for his trapping business...Yes hard to beeive is it not,, My dad worked hard his whole life..Plowed fields with mules when he was just 10 did not have christmas presents given to him or santa claus his father did not work.(His dad was a MOONSHINER) but a drinker Too..But he would not drink moonshine...Only fine whiskey and cigars...did not leave much for the family sad to say...My dad had 4 sisters he bought all their clothes and shoes from trapping ...he gave me the rifle when I was 7 But heck i had bens shotitgn it since I could remember......Not to say I did not have BB guns but they came later..more urban was the BB gun....I got tired of only being able to shoot my rifle out away from the the house in the woods...I needed a neighborhood shooter...So came the BB guns abut a year or two later...I till have all of them...

and yes Dan I still have my Flip....Guess its about forty years old now.. shoots great still...

Keith
September 21, 2014 06:10PM
bump for the op