Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Early V3i field hunts

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Early V3i field hunts
September 20, 2014 07:30PM
[www.findmall.com]

Although I'm seriously considering a Deus this year, the V3i is starting out the season pretty well.
Re: Early V3i field hunts
September 20, 2014 07:53PM
your repousse is probably worth a little money...

Keith
September 20, 2014 08:04PM
Had no idea what a "repousse" was! Lol

repoussé, method of decorating metals in which parts of the design are raised in ... The name repoussé is derived from the French pousser, “to push forward.
September 20, 2014 08:40PM
Saw one on eBay for $75. Tis my first "high relief" find. Lol. The wife has already claimed it.....
September 20, 2014 11:09PM
Once you have had the V3 and you get the deus you will wonder why they made the V3 so hard to program. You will master the deus in a short time. And it is so light and cool looking who needs color

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 20, 2014 11:21PM
Well lowboy, we will see what happens. I just put my V3i and accys on the depot. I'm pretty good with the Spectra's tones, but it's hard to ignore the Deus' capability in iron. Plus the F75's ergonomics spoiled me. The Deus feels even nicer. Anyone looking to trade?!? Lol...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2014 11:25PM by triplehooked.
September 20, 2014 11:39PM
The nine inch coil is a great coil and the deus is a great coin hunter at parks and the older the park the more you want to make a few adjustments to get the silver....You will love the Deus

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 20, 2014 11:58PM
Lowboy, have you tried the Deus 11" dd coil yet?

Markus
September 21, 2014 12:02AM
I own the v3i and will be selling it.

My issue with it is it keeps me guessing if i have it set right and
No matter how much analysis data you have you still have no
Idea whats under the coil.

Just started using a Deus and its more simple to use.
September 21, 2014 05:59PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once you have had the V3 and you get the deus you
> will wonder why they made the V3 so hard to
> program. You will master the deus in a short time.
> And it is so light and cool looking who needs
> color

hi lowboy!..happy you made it thought all the turmoil!
is this deus really that good for coin shooting?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 21, 2014 09:56PM
I was leaning towards the 9" coil for now. We'll see how everything shakes out. :-). Regardless of detector, I'm excited for the season. Have about a dozen sites lined up for the season and was finally able to land a job with human hours...Lol. If I figure out how to work this new go pro maybe I'll have video of some...Lol.
September 22, 2014 02:46AM
Hey triplehooked, that V3i did not last long. As you know I have one on the way, should be here tomorrow or the next day. It is my fourth try with the V and will be my last for sure. I am hoping my move from Anchorage to Reno will have it playing nicer with EMI.

My main reason for wanting to give it a go is very limited. I have a Big Foot coil, and I currently run it with the DFX. A case where I own the detector to run the coil instead of the other way around. I would like to be able to emply the V3i ability to assign any tone to any VDI range to better customize the Big Foot for jewelry detecting, plus some custom display options. The Big Foot must stay no matter what, so it really is all about which detector will best run it. So far, due to EMI issues, that has been the DFX for me.

If the V3i survives the in town tests then I may try some 22.5 kHz single frequency mode detecting on cobble piles trying to find a quartz/gold cobble but that is something for later.
September 22, 2014 05:09PM
Hey Steve,

Yes, I really do like the V3i, and I think it has allot to offer by way of customizing to a wide range of hunting conditions. I like the tones, and the color screen is the best video display out there, imo. If coin shooting was still my main focus I wouldn't even consider selling it, as it's discrimination/analyzing capabilities are very good, if not the best available. Again, just my opinion. But for the style of hunting I now do, a fast, light detector that handles iron is more what I'm looking for. Best of luck with your new V!
September 25, 2014 04:51PM
Nice finds with the V. I m just starting to hit some fields here. The V is doing a sweet job so far. Will be slamming these fields for the next 3 or 4 months.
GL with the Dues.