Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got a new G2 on its way

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got a new G2 on its way
September 21, 2014 01:16AM
Hi all, I got a new to me G2 that is 4 Mos. old. I think you guys said it was good in iron, and dose good on silver. I hope i like it. If you have any help, please don,t hold back. I will need all i can get. Thanks Flintstone
Re: Got a new G2 on its way
September 21, 2014 01:21AM
It is good in iron very fast and has some depth runs at a high freq dig the zips

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 21, 2014 01:10PM
It's the same thing as a Gold bug pro/DP
except its on a straight shaft instead of an "S" rod
So if you've ever ran a gold bug - you'll immediately
Take to the G2

If not - they are very easy to set up/run, light,
fun to use and very good in iron

Congrats on the new machine and let's us know
how you do with it (post some finds)!
September 21, 2014 01:13PM
Thanks LowBoy, I am going to use it on the beach to try and find small gold ear rings, and things. I will try it in parks and around old home places. I think Keith said it was good or Tom might of said it. I got a good deal on it, if i don,t like it i will sell it.
September 21, 2014 02:54PM
It is a very good detector but you at some point may want to try the Deus.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 21, 2014 04:04PM
Love running mine in the dry sand. Nothing that runs single freq vlf does as well in wet salt sand as elsewhere. I have both a G2 and a Gold Bug Pro and 4 coils to choose from. You can PM me if you have any specific questions or post a general of course. May you have many hours of joyous hunting with your new friend!
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 21, 2014 04:42PM
LowBoy a friend is ordering a Deus on Mon. so i am going to see how it works, if i like it i might get one. How dose the stock coil do in trash? I am going to find a 5" coil. I need to sell some detectors first. I have a very nice DFX i am going to sell for about 375.00. I have a 5900 Di pro i am going to sell for 225.00, this is the black box, very nice. I just need to sell some. Thanks for all info, i will keep you posted, i will get the G2 Tue.
September 21, 2014 06:45PM
stock coil works pretty good in trash

but - for extreme trash work

I'd skip the 5" round and go for the 5x10 elliptical for iron work