Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Interesting way to use the Deus

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Interesting way to use the Deus
September 22, 2014 02:30AM
Looked at this a few times and then went out and tried it but of course it's Football Sunday so need to play with this a bit more...Of course I know there are those that don't look at the screen but old habits die hard. So I want to know what you think. I have no idea how it works in iron vs good iron like tools and axe heads and stuff like that. I like to dig those targets and ox shoes... So a test is in order for relic hunting in a couple of weeks when the temps will be in the low 80s...I will shoot a video but also wonder that it may be real cool for park and school hunting. Also seems with an air test that the deus hits chains really well and that is a hard one for most detectors to do...I do know your ears are your best source to tell you what to dig after you clean the wax out of them and learn how the Deus speaks. And I think on iron the responce will be all over the place...It will be cool to see what it does when you hit iron and a good target where you get the grunt low tone and the higher tone above the disc you used...still I think it may not tell you anything but what the heck they hid it for a reason could it be cause it doesn't work?

And one other things...for you that can't hunt during the winter how will you store the Deus and keep the battery from not being tweeked by not being used?

[www.youtube.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Interesting way to use the Deus
September 22, 2014 09:30AM
Winter is a great time to detect. I go until the ground freezes. Charge the Deus once a month. Get it out. Polish it. Wipe it down. Talk to it. Hug it. And remember that Spring is coming.
September 22, 2014 09:45PM
Man that guy has a Dues and Harley to boot! Must be nice to live that large!
September 23, 2014 01:37AM
I myslef would not care to use it...

especially for unmasking in iron...

and I see no benefit from it as far as an I.D. number would do the same thing...

a bottle cap will reveal a bunch of numbers on the DEUS the plot jsut shows this..

Notice when a target sounds clean it has a straight line...the i.d would be locked too....notice ratty audio and the lines go berzerk the I.D screen numbers would too...

I think the screen may be for the engineers to do some sort of test on the unit if its in for repairs maybe?

I see no use for it other than maybe a novelty or change of pace..

one thing I do want to point out on the DEUS...wiht the High Def audio it has the bottlecaps that plague most 19Khz DD rigs as reading good are easily heard on the DEUS... atleast to my ears they are.. I can call one easily deep in the woods where they do not occur on a regular basis...I can get that signature hit and say Bottle cap...Usually right...

Keith
September 23, 2014 01:59AM
I might use that setting as another tool if it were easier to access. But until I punch all those buttons I usually have my mind made up if I'm gong to dig it or not. Bottle caps are still the biggest complaint from Deus owners on the forums. Getting to know the sound or raspy broken signal off the tip of the coil does it for me. But the truth is that the Deus loves round metal. Washers, I bolts, hell just about any round thing that falls off a mower or tractor. But coins are in there too. So it is the price we pay. While the VDI numbers on the remote may not be a s reliable as those on other machines I have to say that real bouncy numbers indicate junk. Bottle Cap and foil. And that is the main reason we Americans with our modern trash can't put the remote in our pocket.
September 23, 2014 02:27AM
All I'm saying is this would be better for park hunting but something worth trying it is easy to access the deus is about seeing what works and how it works but Keith is right our ears are the best way to tell what is in the ground

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 23, 2014 10:11AM
I see no real value in using that feature either. Maybe in a place where the signals are few and far between just to play around a bit in testing for deep silver or the like but certainly not when working iron infested sites or trashy areas of any kind. And it certainly wouldn't do any good in looking for buttons either because many of them read like garbage and if you were using that screen, you'd definitely pass up many buttons in the process!

VDI's on the Deus aren't very reliable after 6 inches or so either and therefore i don't believe that mode of readout would be either and especially in any environment heavy with trash and/or iron.

Speaking of which, is why I believe we all need to have more than just a deus for in field hunting :-)

I mean, don't get me wrong, those of us who've owned/used them for a while know that the deus is a great machine for what it's intended for and it works very well at doing the job it was made to do but it certainly isn't the be all do all end all machine by any means, and especially when looking for deep silver and such. A perfect example is the other day while hunting with a buddy in a site curently being developed where an old school once stood, he was using a deus in an area for a good 20 minutes and after he moved away from the area I proceeded to check the same ground he just hunted with my CTX and in 2 minutes i pulled out a really nice cond. 1917 type 1 standing liberty quarter at about 7 inches deep mixed in with a ton of iron! Needless to say he was swearing for a good 10 minutes because we both know that he covered that exact same spot over and over with the deus but never even heard it!

The Deus has outstanding separation ability and the audio talks to you when you put the time in and learn it to the fullest extent but the CTX 3030 has fantastic see-through ability and with the target trace feature and combined FE / CO audio mode on top of it that the Etrac didn't / don't have - it makes for an outstanding machine and/but put them both together, and now you're talking ;-)

Can you hear us Fisher!?
September 23, 2014 01:56PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see no real value in using that feature either.
> Maybe in a place where the signals are few and far
> between just to play around a bit in testing for
> deep silver or the like but certainly not when
> working iron infested sites or trashy areas of any
> kind. And it certainly wouldn't do any good in
> looking for buttons either because many of them
> read like garbage and if you were using that
> screen, you'd definitely pass up many buttons in
> the process!
>
> VDI's on the Deus aren't very reliable after 6
> inches or so either and therefore i don't believe
> that mode of readout would be either and
> especially in any environment heavy with trash
> and/or iron.
>
> Speaking of which, is why I believe we all need to
> have more than just a deus for in field hunting
> :-)
>
> I mean, don't get me wrong, those of us who've
> owned/used them for a while know that the deus is
> a great machine for what it's intended for and it
> works very well at doing the job it was made to do
> but it certainly isn't the be all do all end all
> machine by any means, and especially when looking
> for deep silver and such. A perfect example is the
> other day while hunting with a buddy in a site
> curently being developed where an old school once
> stood, he was using a deus in an area for a good
> 20 minutes and after he moved away from the area I
> proceeded to check the same ground he just hunted
> with my CTX and in 2 minutes i pulled out a really
> nice cond. 1917 type 1 standing liberty quarter at
> about 7 inches deep mixed in with a ton of iron!
> Needless to say he was swearing for a good 10
> minutes because we both know that he covered that
> exact same spot over and over with the deus but
> never even heard it!
>
> The Deus has outstanding separation ability and
> the audio talks to you when you put the time in
> and learn it to the fullest extent but the CTX
> 3030 has fantastic see-through ability and with
> the target trace feature and combined FE / CO
> audio mode on top of it that the Etrac didn't /
> don't have - it makes for an outstanding machine
> and/but put them both together, and now you're
> talking ;-)
>
> Can you hear us Fisher!?

Excellent point(s) Wayne & EXACTLY the reason why I have both the Deus AND the CTX----AND----the Etrac.------Don't forget ole King Etrac---that machine is (and always will be) something else in its on right.------You're right though--the Deus/CTX is a murderous combo---hard (how about impossible) to beat!---------Del