Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The New F75 LTD

Posted by liaso 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The New F75 LTD
September 24, 2014 05:32PM
[www.facebook.com] sounds very good.. smiling smiley
Re: The New F75 LTD
September 24, 2014 06:11PM
Oh dear..... another entrant to the name confusion game. Surely they could've called it the F75-Plus, F75-Ultra, F75-advantage, etc. And it's black, too, so there's nothing distinctive there, either. Maybe they could've changed the 'mode' button colour? It has the long trigger-switch again, wasn't expecting that.
Nice to see they've listened to me (!) by introducing adjustable audio pitch in disc mode. Interesting that the Digital Shielding is user-controllable, no permanent, it suggests there may be some disadvantage to using it in some circumstances.
Also a new F75, too:
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 08:18PM by Pimento.
September 24, 2014 06:32PM
we'll with those features seems like all a software update. maybe existing f75 and ltd swingers will get to update for the price of shipping and possibly lcd for menu options.
September 24, 2014 06:53PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting that the Digital Shielding is
> user-controllable, no permanent, it suggests there
> may be some disadvantage to using it in some
> circumstances.

Depth probably with the digital shielding switched on.

If they make this new tech available for older units,... they've got my cash :-)
Being able to decide between more depth or a more stable unit, nice feature.

HH
Johnb
September 24, 2014 07:02PM
digital shielding sounds like a fancy way saying just hiding it in software. It's still entering the coil and thus still a problem, just not and audio one. Less depth. Probably some sort of threshold and phase compensation that the software can enact and keep normalized ID rather than the user tweak said feature to compensate manually.
September 24, 2014 07:11PM
I wonder how good the DST works and how it effects performance?
September 24, 2014 07:45PM
Quote:"Depth [affected] probably with the digital shielding switched on"
Hmm, my hunch would be speed of response would suffer. I think it's likely that some kind of averaging / low-pass filtering is being performed, which will slightly slow the machines' response to quick changes. It could also be a strategy that lessens or removes jumps/spikes that are deemed too un-natural. For example, there are methods used to de-pop vinyl record signals, where short duration clicks are basically blanked out, and the gap filled with estimates based on previous signal behaviour (and possibly after-pop signal levels). Don't forget, there is the possibility that the 'new' standard F75 may have the faster processor of the LTD, so it can do more clever stuff ['digital shield', etc], it just isn't running the LTD software, or doesn't have the slightly different circuitry, so doesn't do boost/CL. A clever manufacturer would have both boards identical(or as near as possible), and just program them up differently for the two different models.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 07:47PM by Pimento.
September 24, 2014 08:03PM
Mike Hillis tell us what it is all about!
September 24, 2014 08:57PM
88junior Wrote:
> Mike Hillis tell us what it is all about!

Yeah Mike----let's hear it!!!
September 24, 2014 10:36PM
Same price as the older units.
September 24, 2014 11:08PM
They also have a T2 to be released in October.
September 24, 2014 11:10PM
The new FA (Fast) mode alone is worthy of a new release of the F75. Sliced bread type stuff. All the other changes are icing on the cake.

The first thing you want to do is go find the trashiest iron site you can find, regardless of how many times you have hunted it, turn it on, max out the sensitivity, put it in FA Process and see how long the grin stays on your face. Non-ferrous that doesn't make a peep in the other process selections sings out nice and strong in FA. Non-ferrous that only gives an intermediate response in the other processes sings out loud and clear in FA. Not just with the audio but even the visual sticks out. Its amazing.

I also like the FA mode in the low density target, high mineral ground areas too, because its not just hitting the target once. You get multiple hits on the target, so instead a chirp that you could easily pass over, you get the machine gun response that won't let you walk away.

Of course there is a trade off for that extra speed. The FA has less depth potential as compared to the other modes.

Regards EMI...

I got to participate in the orignal developing and prototyping of both of the orignal T2 and the 11" biaxle coil as well as the F75. When the prototyping was over and they finally went into production they were fine instruments.....when you had fairly EMI free areas to use them in. But in moderate to high EMI sites they were a pain in the ears. There was a lot of ongoing work done on the coil that helped but they are such high gain instruments that EMI noise just went with the package. You either learned to deal with the noise or you looked for areas where it could be ran stable.

I loved them when they could be ran stable. I hated them when they couldn't. My urban EMI got so bad and continued to grow worse to the point I couldn't see keeping them as I could rarely use them.

I tried another one last year that was suposedly one of the better EMI free ones. It turned out to be worse than the originals. However, the new F75 runs silent at many of those locations at a 99 sensitivity level, and at the ones where I still get noise, and I didn't want to hear the noise, it didn't take a big drop in sensitivity to get it stable. I still have sites that are noisy or I choose to run it it noisy but the noise is subdued and less fatigueing to listen to. Just a real pleasure to hunt with now.

The pitch selected in the AM mode now carries over the Disc mode for the single non-ferrous tone responses in 1, 1F, 2F, 2H, 2L, and 1N. Those new tones all have degrees of iron volume changes. 2F is the normal, 2H has a lower iron volume. 2L is lower still. 1N is no iron response. My favorite is 2H.

Simple straight forward performance. Its sweet. I'd make sure to take the batteries out of your other detectors if you get one of the new F75's 'cause they won't see a lot of use.

Keith needs to get his hands on one. He'll love it.

I didn't have another F75 to compare all the processes against to verify that the design intent is still in place for those so I'll have to let others speak to that.

I don't know what Fisher is going to do with the F75's that are out there now.

Hope that helps a little.

HH
Mike
September 24, 2014 11:32PM
Like to see how the FA mode compares against the Deus.
September 24, 2014 11:32PM
How about depth Mike any increase or decrease in it?
September 25, 2014 01:52AM
Mike, how solidly does this new version id targets, especially at depth, as compared to the previous model....

thanks for your post, very helpful. you're a lucky man to be able to play with the new models....
September 25, 2014 03:52AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> we'll with those features seems like all a
> software update. maybe existing f75 and ltd
> swingers will get to update for the price of
> shipping and possibly lcd for menu options.

don't count on it!..they ain't done it yet!
marketing considerations!..they gotta eat!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 25, 2014 04:33AM
I've had my hands on the new modes Mike..

Keith
September 25, 2014 12:00PM
Keith give us your thoughts on the upgrades! Please!!
September 25, 2014 12:43PM
too bad 'mode combos' aren't possible. FA mode + Boost Mode would seem to be a match made in heaven....

do give us your thoughts Keith, especially how the new model compares to the Deus, haha (couldn't resist)
September 25, 2014 03:04PM
88junior Wrote:
> Keith give us your thoughts on the upgrades!
> Please!!

He's too busy pushing/selling the Deus right now. Give him a month or two to promote fisher again. :p
September 25, 2014 03:24PM
I hope that remark at Keith about he is still pushing and selling the deus is a joke..because if it's not that is a low blow to someone that has the passion to make this hobby great. The deus is the top dog right now and fisher maybe wondering how they are going to catch up how many more years will it take for them to offer the next best machine while Deus is already giving great software updates with more on the way...The F75LTS never worked for me and I had it for a few years where I live. The Deus has trumped that machine in my dirt over and over again...I had to send that machine in twice and on the third return they replaced it....and then I sold it...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 03:27PM by Lawrenzo.
September 25, 2014 05:10PM
I wouldnt trade my Xp Deus for my F75se out in the open fields where I have found countless relics with it that others have missed. Now out in an iron infested cellar hole, yeah I would grab the Deus first. Different tools for different scenarios. Not too long ago the F75 was the go to machine for both . If the new modes deliver it might be again.

One thing is for sure, this isnt an easy hobby to stay content in.
September 25, 2014 05:41PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I hope that remark at Keith about he is still
> pushing and selling the deus is a joke..because if
> it's not that is a low blow to someone that has
> the passion to make this hobby great. The deus is
> the top dog right now and fisher maybe wondering
> how they are going to catch up how many more years
> will it take for them to offer the next best
> machine while Deus is already giving great
> software updates with more on the way...The F75LTS
> never worked for me and I had it for a few years
> where I live. The Deus has trumped that machine in
> my dirt over and over again...I had to send that
> machine in twice and on the third return they
> replaced it....and then I sold it...

I'm kidding. :p <- smiley with tongue out. Keith is great. I'm waiting as well. The audio on the deus turns me off for some reason so I'm ready for him to move on to the next dector of testing. I know Keith isn't selling things...but maybe he should!
September 25, 2014 06:12PM
I am a little fuzzy on not liking the audio on a Deus. It has so much flexibility in custom tuning the audio it can actually mimic other units. What's not to like?
Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 25, 2014 07:54PM
The audio of the Deus is much better than the older F75's. The grunt just made it hard to decipher targets.
September 25, 2014 11:31PM
On the headphones I have the deus is like a Synth very thick tones I like it a lot reminds me when I had a Moog Synth

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 25, 2014 11:33PM
NEVER purchase a first release from Fisher!!!!!! I learned the hard way twice.

Tom in SC
September 25, 2014 11:51PM
It's a bit excessive suggesting potential F75 purchasers should wait 7 years for the 'bugs to be ironed out'.
I find it rather disappointing that the F75-LTD model didn't come with lots more features / options, after all it had more raw CPU power, and there would be feedback available from users of the F75 (and T2) to provide ideas. Really, the original F75 should've been a noticeable update to the T2 upon which it is based.

Edit for Pasttom: By this, I meant the F75 was released in 2007, and it's 2014 when an improved one is released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 09:23AM by Pimento.
September 26, 2014 12:53AM
Not to be contrary but I didn't hear anyone say 7 years. I am thinking of the issues the AT Pro had at first and its overcome. Also, I think the F75 WAS noticeably updated over the T2. (sound of 2 zincons hitting cement)

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 26, 2014 12:54AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I've had my hands on the new modes Mike..
>
> Keith

Sounds like a statement in itself. Not impressed, I take it.....

I had the F75se black last year. Mike Hillis' old one, in fact. Great detector at times, and very deep. I had a fun season and found some cool stuff. But the real emi falsing, (not the tiny metal flakes it would pick up) had me guessing if the "target" was real or not. Now I'm fairly confident that I had a quieter one, but I always felt that I was skipping good targets due to those "misfires". My suspicions were confirmed when revisiting those sites with a quieter detector and a shooter coil... As far as the new F 75, idk. Guess I'd like to see a few more reviews and make certain the QC is there. In the meantime crops are coming down. Time to try the Frenchie... :-)