Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The New F75 LTD

Posted by liaso 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The New F75 LTD
September 26, 2014 01:53AM
"the Frenchie" I liked that. grinning smiley

to answer some of the questions.

No, there is no additional depth as compared to a previous version F75, other than what you might get from being able to hear and respond to fainter targets because the EMI responses are lessened.

The new EMI filtering does seem to tame the sparkiness of the other processes, but they are allowing you to turn it off if you don't need it or feel you are being handicapped because of it. In my case, it is the difference between using a F75 in the field or just watching it collect dust behind a door.

The FA mode version that I have experience with really does change things in my ground. I hunt in DE mode with the sensitivity set to where I get the most stable operation, and once I get into an area that just wants to grunt at me, I raise the sensitivity to 99, and switch over to FA and light the ground up. The non-ferrous stuff that was invisible, or nearly invisible in DE just perks right up and waves at me. It makes me look for high grunt areas. Remember that sometimes the coil will need to be raised an inch or two to respond correctly if there are a lot of shallow metal objects in or on the ground.

I go into the all metal mode and chose the audio pitch I like best, then switch over to Disc mode and into the 2H audio (I like it best). 2H has a lower iron volume than 2F that is just right for my ears. The 2L iron volume is too low for my liking.

Since my ground minerals are higher than most hunt in, I've been spending more time testing the low and high signal gain ranges along with ground balance settings. Mostly stuff just revelant to me.

There are some other things I noticed with the new version but I'm not going to mention them. I'd rather see what the long term reaction is.

For me, the F75 is back.

HH
Mike

PS.....silent masking....I forgot to mention.....EMI doesn' always make your detector noisy. Sometimes it just quietly kills your depth. I have experienced this. Only way to tell is to air test on site. Air test in as free an EMI zone you can to get a base line standard. Mark it with masking tape on your lower rod. Then air test on site and see what you got going on and frequency shift as needed until you get some of it back, if you can.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 02:07AM by Mike Hillis.
September 26, 2014 02:49AM
Keith:

Thank you for your last response. So many times, I hear why we should have another detector based on XYZ capability. You always present a fair assessment without shooting holes. My opinion of these websites should be to maximize what we have. Present arguments for better technology, and to review what is new is always greatly appreciated. Bias is part of human nature, but I think I could gain more by maximizing existing capabilities. I see the F75 enhancements as a chance to improve on a great machine. Is it perfect? No, we would all come home with a pocket full of goodies in a hammered site. Am I willing to say that there is a better machine? Sure, in the right hands of a capable person. Yet as I sit and think about what I don't have, I try to figure how to maximize what I DO have. Keep your posts coming! I learn and THEREFORE I AM. Thank you for all you do and keep up the good work!
September 26, 2014 01:35PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:

> Then air test on site and see what you got going
> on and frequency shift as needed until you get
> some of it back, if you can.

Too bad they don't add an automated frequency selection option like another company.
September 26, 2014 02:21PM
Quote: "Too bad they don't add an automated frequency selection option"
I always felt the F75's frequency shift's main purpose was to avoid interference from other 'identical' machines, so manual selection is adequate. Several times on here, people have asked about frequency-shifting the CZ machines so two can be operated nearby, sadly the solution is not simple, at least the F75 family shouldn't have this issue. It's worth noting that the ML noise-cancel actually adjusts the frequency over quite a significant range (+/-8% ?), whereas the F75 is only 2% or so. This may give it greater ability to find a quieter 'channel'. My experience of F75 interference is that it's broadband, and the freq shift option is no help.
September 26, 2014 03:27PM
Fisher took all this time to get the F75 fixed and now they may still behind the French! No updates they fixed what was wrong after what seven years? You have to wonder if it's going to work better and how long till they come up with a new platform....I would love to run a test with the Deus and the new Fisher in iron and see what it can do and even at parks because the Deus is a great park machine. With the Deus being wireless and super light and not really needing smaller coils. Being able to tweek the deus, program it, save programs and then have updates that really take it to the next step. If the F75 fails to impress then you have to wonder if a lot of hunters on the fence are going to get a deus while everyone plays catch up??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 26, 2014 03:40PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fisher took all this time to get the F75 fixed and
> now they may still behind the French! No updates
> they fixed what was wrong after what seven years?
> You have to wonder if it's going to work better
> and how long till they come up with a new
> platform....I would love to run a test with the
> Deus and the new Fisher in iron and see what it
> can do and even at parks because the Deus is a
> great park machine. With the Deus being wireless
> and super light and not really needing smaller
> coils. Being able to tweek the deus, program it,
> save programs and then have updates that really
> take it to the next step. If the F75 fails to
> impress then you have to wonder if a lot of
> hunters on the fence are going to get a deus while
> everyone plays catch up??

I think Mike H. just said it 'was' substantially better.....we will need to wait for others to validate this (Tom D.?)
To me the price of the F75LTD vs Deus (and keep in mind I'm in Canada with 13% HST tax + currency exchange rates) gives the price/performance factor to the 'new' F75...
Here, the new LTD should be about $1200 cdn and the Deus about $2100 (both + 13% tax), so not really apples to apples based on price, eh....
September 26, 2014 04:02PM
They make you pay list price in Canada?...my deus brand new was 1300$
September 26, 2014 04:47PM
FAST AUDIO is Fast audio simple as that...

The audio in that mode is faster.. yet its clipped/narrowed/compressed audio..theres actually no real adavnced separation taking place in terms of adajacent iron saturation effects...

the coil is still seeing the same as it does in the normal mode of operation...just clippingng,compressing the audio and speeding it up does not neccesarily equate to more unmasking..

And in that mode the depth sufferes.

In ground cover sites when using the FA mode I actually could not get hits..could not even hear the iron grunts..

I suggested that they use a variable disc tone break..It would accomplish more than the FA audio..A flip into 1 tone shows its the best unmasking mode even against the FA mode...Just break the tone via disc setting when in two tone mode and more could be accomplished with no depth loss..

Now mine was not the finalized version so maybe they have made the mode deeper,,open gain only does 7 inchs airtest on a nickle ...Fast Audio was only 2 tone...

The EMI free works well when its needed..Mine was on all the time...I suggested turning it on and off...it Slighlty compresses the the audio and by doing so it kills the fringe depth sizzle targets..

The Audio is even more digital sounding now than was .. more Processed..filtered..

I like that the high tone is really high now...it helps on the deepies when in two tone mode by being able to tell if its good or bad from modulation causing the older topnes to spound the same..that will be a thing of the past with this new high tone..

All of this was tested on a T2 pre release model..The T2 model now seems to be available..

[www.facebook.com]

I feel the engineers are working on ways to take care of complaints from the consumer...the newer quiter emi mode can help you use theachine in areas where you could not before..it allows usable depth performance..and still being able to turn it off is a big plus for less emi zones..I hear people say build it like other machines that does not need to have emi filtering installed...well then it would not be a hyper platform....hyper means it's excitable...thats a good thing...

I like the overall run of the new t2..but I like to run b.p. mode mostly even in iron...and the iron volume only works in normal modes..and least on my unit...

the t2 menu suffers from limited ability to do certain things..it's in the structure..i wish b.p. mode could be turned on and left on for any tone setup ..

the iron volume only will work in normal mode..not sure why one would turn the iron volume off though since one tone disc 40 does the same...

again the T2 could be a great unit if you could break the tone with disc setting in two tone...and make sure it's BP able while in thst mode or regular mode...

I would rather see that than FA...but I guess the FA mode is more appealing for wider audiences like the modern trash hunters too and such...but from a relic perspective the tone break would do more..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 06:25PM by Keith Southern.
September 26, 2014 07:32PM
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They make you pay list price in Canada?...my deus
> brand new was 1300$

yes, no haggling up here as the market is too small, import factors, etc....the last couple years has brought 'free shipping' from some dealers though...
also, you can't imagine how screwed up it is to say, try and return something for repair (high shipping costs) then to have to pay 'import duties' on the item again even
though the box says 'used, returned for repair'....and forget about trying to bring a US purchase into Canada at the border!

you Americans just don't know how good you have it....

oh, and I forgot the mandatory statement for all used detector sales in the states, "lower 48 states only"....condolences to Alaska and Hawaii dwellers....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 07:38PM by canslawhero.