Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Pro Arc and Pro Tec

Posted by jim tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher Pro Arc and Pro Tec
September 26, 2014 11:10PM
Carolina Clyde on the Treasure Depot forum is showing these two new Fishers. Anybody know anything about them? HH jim tn
Re: Fisher Pro Arc and Pro Tec
September 26, 2014 11:20PM
I think those are reskinned units that have been available for some time as commercial packaging vs hobbyist over the counter models.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 27, 2014 02:28AM
That's the one thing Fisher needs to stop doing. Giving us the same old detector with new paint.
September 27, 2014 02:32AM
Or the new detector with the same old name!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 27, 2014 03:13PM
Fisher is really losing ground what and how do they think they can just put stuff out but not really move forward...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 27, 2014 03:37PM
I'd imagine rolling out these re-packaged units is very costly. I wonder what the FT marketeers presentation to the execs looked like?

I wish the cost for all this 'repackaging' etc was spent on R&D instead. I also wonder if the F75 SW upgrade (although appreciated) is just a stopgap measure
due to problems developing a new high-end unit, say the mythical 'digital CZ' or some other sort of multi freq unit. The XP units in-roads esp to the US market
will hopefully light a fire under FT's dev progress.....I would hope anyway. but maybe any 'new' high-end model development has already been 'thrown under the bus' so to speak?...
driven by the same 'marketeers' that produced these 'new' units, eh....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2014 03:38PM by canslawhero.
September 28, 2014 08:09AM
could be "cost prohibitive" due to a limited market.
maybe have to sell a "large" number to recoup development
expenses ,before realizing a profit...costs just keep spiraling upward,
with perhaps the "bean counters" unable to justify.

(h.h.!)
j.t.