Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which detector to buy...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which detector to buy...
September 27, 2014 10:48PM
I'm looking at the Garrett AT Pro VS teknetics Omega 6000. I've used the Omega but didn't get enough time with it to master all the functions.

The only downside I see with the AT Pro is the huge coil it comes with. 11" is way too big for a normal coil..

I'll be doing all kinds of detecting, except beach. Coins and relic hunting...

Fire away..
Re: Which detector to buy...
September 28, 2014 12:13AM
At its price point ..I like the AT Pro, if you get it with the 5x8 DD
its fairly light and easy to swing, very accurate vdi up to 8 in.
or so give or take a lil bit, very good in trash and/or iron infested
areas, Garret is known for excellent customer service and waterproof
A fair offering
for the money in my opinion.
September 28, 2014 01:46AM
For my money that Omega is built like radio shack...had a 8000 and was afraid it was going to fall apart with every swing...Some swear by the Omega 8000 and is a good unit but would only buy new with a 5 year warranty...
Indeed Garrett makes a good unit and this one is multi-functional and many do well with them....
September 28, 2014 03:25AM
Out of those 2 choices - I'd go with the ATP - more versatile for sure (waterproof, good/fast iron report, etc.)
September 28, 2014 03:50AM
Both are fine machines and worthy in many situations. Far more people swear by both than swear at either. Mostly it comes down to what kind of hunting you want to do and your personal preferences.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 28, 2014 04:52AM
I own both machines and use my At Pro much more because the Omega is too prone to EMI.