Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Fisher
September 28, 2014 03:14AM
Even though the new fisher is not coming out for a few weeks...I have to wonder if they really designed the software to really imporve the machine. It seems like they are still playing catch up and have not caught up to what I had hoped for. I like being able to progam a machine but not the way White's designed their DFX or V3. Too many ways to screw up the machine and not even no what I did to screw it up. I know Tom D likes the turn on and go machines...at least I think I read that but I really like to be able to fine tune my machine. It could be the dirt I'm in could be hard packed, or wet, or red dirt, or clay. I think it is great to tweek a machine a bit.

How long will it take them to make the next new platform?

I have heard a few venders say their store is hurting because of sales. I don't think any of them sell the Deus. I really think it is going to be fun to read about Fisher's new machine and how it preforms. I wonder if cleaning up the EMI has slowed down the machine and lost some depth. And I am sure they have redesigned the coil. How much will it cost to get your F75 updated and if you have the old coil will it work the same?

The F19 seemed to have come and gone, so what was up with that machine? I would love to see a test with the Deus and the new Fisher machine. I will be the first to give fisher a thumbs up if they really did make changes that work and are on par with theDeus but I also think a lot of users will jump ship if they really don't see a huge difference in preformance. If I had not just got the Deus I would be reading every forum for a few months or more before I bought one. But I think I made the right with the Deus. I can't afford to have a lot of detectors anymore. I need one that can deal with most of my hunting needs and if I am in tricky dirt I would like to have a machine I can tweek.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: New Fisher
September 28, 2014 03:58AM
I think they did what they did to the T2/F75 as a way to use what they got till they release somehting later on..

Now a days detector company can become stagnant quickly with the internet controlling the directions of users wants and needs..

New machines or at least upgrades to stay current...keep the buzz alive...If you dont do a release regularly in todays world you get passed by as going no where ...we all are looking for the next best thing and we want it now... But Now that we Know whats out there we are getting more restless with todasy offerings......

a decade ago machiens rested on their laurels...

Like Tom says you dont know what you dont know...well if you dont know whats available or what kinds of success others are having or enjoying than I could still be happy with my 25 year old bandidos...

now the internet has made the world alot smaller...

A lot of appeal to the DEUS is the Idea that maybe once a year I can do a download and have a new set of parameters or modes to get back to the site Ive hunted out with say 3.2 and work on it again with say 4.0,,,We Know theres a glint of hope in getting some more...And all I have to do to get rejuvinated is click download and load into the controller and head out the door wiht the mind a racing....

And thats why I see the DEUS as a 21st century machine...Perfect?????Not by along shot,, but it does certian things better than anyone for site work as we all Know...( its the top iron site unmasker) and also keeps the mind a racing with new features a mouse click away...

We are in a transition phase going from hardware to software as the driving force in detector designs( I see a Blutooth coil and a Smartphone app eventually)...and digital downlads will become the norm or Im afraid companys will fail....oh maybe not next week or next year but eventually it will by Like netflix killing the DVD rental stores...

As far as depth its just not changing much....but I do see usable depth getting better right now...And i do see with mdoern programming techniques that the skys the limit on the Type info we can get displayed on a screen and the FINITE settings we can adjust that we never could before ...

I work hard for my money..I want to get the most out of it when I spend it...

I want quality built items that wont tear up under normal detecting environs...

I want long battery life...

I want lightweight...

I want the ability to set up a machien freq wise,,,,speed wise,,,audio report wise,,,,exact hair spliting disc settings...filter change abilities..and lots of DEPTH even in iron trash...Clean conveying audio....

Ability to upgrade Via Internet...

I know I want specialty machines for site work...( Iron Unmasking) and Like Carl said thats 1% of the detecting population looking for Niche units ...but if you have a machine that can be setup for whatever you want why is it not possible to say have a brand X machine with the ability to purchase the software you are wanting...

Streamline your models to one unit and then offer it in different variations Via software...now that sounds like marketing ....

I believe XP is heading that way..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2014 09:14PM by Keith Southern.
September 28, 2014 11:02AM
I agree with you Keith, especially your first sentence.
September 28, 2014 12:16PM
Well in my opinion I think First Texas is trying to please too many platforms Ie Fisher,Tek and Bounty Hunter. If they would spend their R&D money on one family the others would follow. Look at the recent release of the F19, I have tried several Gold Bug pro's and a couple of G2's and I'll take a G2 over the Fisher Models, I have found all of my gold with the G2 simple no bells and whistles.
What happened to the Gold Strike I compared it to the Goldbug and it out performed it hands down.
I don't have any expierience on the Cz21 but I hear it does not perform as well as the Cz20.
September 28, 2014 05:28PM
Keith wrote "I see a Bluetooth coil and a Smartphone app eventually"

XP (hopefully) is already looking at this. their existing Deus 9 and 11 inch coils with bluetooth 4.0 (with dual freq coil to follow), same shaft with 'universal' phone mount.

android and iOS apps (free). Charge $800 for coil and shaft. Buyer supplies smartphone and his own bluetooth headphones (to phone) or his own wired set or simply use phone's speakers.

this would be a killer setup. My $150 Moto G phone would be awesome as the controller as an example...

as a retired senior SW engineer (EE cal poly, last job @ apple) I wish I still had the 'pep' to do something like this!
September 28, 2014 06:15PM
I'm old school and like my knobs over menu driven adjustments( I like my Cz and F5), but I read Keith's comments with interest.
" I know I want specialty machines for site work...( Iron Unmasking) and Like Carl said that's 1% of the population looking for Niche units" Relating to the comment of updating a machine through downloads, ie. Dues. How about being able to build your own niche machine by downloading not just a overall software upgrade, but being able to select various options from a list to fine tune your machine for a specific application. That might even convert someone like me to a new "21st century machine", although I bet it could be done with an analog interface like the F5.
September 29, 2014 02:53AM
''Streamline your models to one unit and then offer it in different variations Via software...now that sounds like marketing .... ''
Hey Keith, excellent post. I like your last sentence. I certainly agree. You know that reminds me of a company back in the late 80s early 90s I believe that was doing something like we are talking about now. Discovery electronics had the treasure baron and with it you could buy different modules that you would plug into the circuitry and would make the detector more of a specialty use for the owner. I guess that idea never took off with the other manufacturers. But now we all look forward for the next improved software down load to make our detector better. And we hope now when other manufacturers come out with their latest models they too will have the ability to be updated via down loads. Steve
October 01, 2014 02:10AM
Yes Steve Discovery had it going on....

George Payne was doing things well ahead of the curve it so seems...

He was giving us iron grunt and tone break 25 years ago LOL!!!

machines are still very much in demand today..His gold unit is awesome for site work...

Thank you for bringing it up!

Keith
October 01, 2014 06:19PM
canslawhero Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith wrote "I see a Bluetooth coil and a
> Smartphone app eventually"
>
> XP (hopefully) is already looking at this. their
> existing Deus 9 and 11 inch coils with bluetooth
> 4.0 (with dual freq coil to follow), same shaft
> with 'universal' phone mount.
>
> android and iOS apps (free). Charge $800 for coil
> and shaft. Buyer supplies smartphone and his own
> bluetooth headphones (to phone) or his own wired
> set or simply use phone's speakers.
>
> this would be a killer setup. My $150 Moto G phone
> would be awesome as the controller as an
> example...
>
> as a retired senior SW engineer (EE cal poly, last
> job @ apple) I wish I still had the 'pep' to do
> something like this!

cell phone use w/ BT coil and BT earphones cannot yet be done.
bluetooth currently only supports one device at a time; so this too would have to evolve...