Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Recent Blisstool finds, Local friend scores a first.

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Recent Blisstool finds, Local friend scores a first.
September 28, 2014 06:53PM
Been a while maybe 2 months or so having not swung a coil, So yesterday on short notice got together with a local friend (Brent) and headed for an old site. We weren't expecting too many finds since the site has been pounded over the years with just about every make of top end detector to date, but knew we would at least find a few old age indicators so with that even finding pistol ball would be a thrill.

Brent was using his CTX 3030 at first with little success and I was using the Deus for a short period with very good results picking up allot of can slaw and such. Later on, we decided to switch over to our Blisstools and that was the game changer for Brent he finally started getting signals.

Here on the West Coast most relic hunters are after one of those 1820-30's Phoenix buttons, Well Brent scores his first Phoenix button and a beauty too! Large Number 4 P button, And along with a few other finds is what we believe to be part of a powder gun ram rod guide? We would appreciate help with ID on the lower right corner off Brent's finds, We're not sure what it is but feel it's part of a powder gun Ram Rod guide. I've found one before from the same site a little bigger than his and I heard from someone it too was a ram rod guide only for a musket rifle.

My Blisstool V5 picked up where the Deus left off no problem getting conductive targets and in fact my luck turned to the good with ratio of can slaw lowing and was now digging more old age indicators finally scoring a small Phoenix cuff button and the 1806 reale, Pretty cool that makes 12 Phoenix button finds in my career hopefully my luck continues with phoenix button finds been on a roll these pass few years.

Want to touch on the Blisstool, Our friend Brent who convinced me to get one well actually it wasn't Brent but his finds from a particular hunt we had 5-6 months ago is what convinced me to get the Bliss so I ordered the V5 four months ago. Yesterday, was one of those days when everything was just right for the v5, Even though ground mineralization was poor to fair mostly on the poor side had myself dialed in and settings were just right for this particular site. We have tough soil up in relic country pretty darn tough on most machines including the Bliss, So I can see how one can get frustrated with the bliss but under right conditions it will be a joy to use and find stuff other machines are missing.

Anyway, Below are Brent's and my finds with using Blisstool. Brent was using the V3 and I the V5, Sure many top end detectors including the Deus could have found these but goes show the Blisstoll is no sleeper.

Before I forget, Eyeballed an arrow head with the tip broke off on the surface. Kind of a neat find, Didn't expect this.

Paul (Ca)

Re: Recent Blisstool finds, Local friend scores a first.
September 28, 2014 07:53PM
Excellent :-)
September 28, 2014 09:13PM
Congrats to Brent on the First button...!!!!!!

Congrats to you on the Button and the reale !!!!

Look a spur rowel....

and yes thats most likely a ramord guide...could be a Pistol or musket..hard to see form the angle but pretty sure it is...

Nice digs...

glad you got out...

Keith
September 28, 2014 11:19PM
I like the digs. I would have gone after the good target with the Deus to see why you aren't hitting it...Freq? Reactivity and TX power? More or less sens. I would have wanted to know why my Deus failed me or any other detector I could tweek that would be good info for Deus to know....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 29, 2014 01:02AM
Thanks Wayne, Keith and LowBoy,

And Thanks keith for the ID on the ramrod and spur, That's cool just as we suspected appreciate the ID and will forward this back to Brent. Several 7-8 years back found one at the same site, looks like it was modified into something else after it broke off flute or some type of musical gadget well at least that what it now appears to be? Will post a quite pic below, Similar to Brent's only a little larger.

Lowboy, My Deus is hitting signals extremely well from the same site it's just wanted to use the Bliss v5 to get the most out of it and get more acquainted with the unit. Still in the learning stages with the v5 and it's a beast for sure, When settings are right boy does it operate well no issues with iron falsing acts like a regular VLF only with more raw power.

Thanks again gang, Take care smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)
September 29, 2014 01:09AM
Lowboy...he did not say the deus failed him,lol.
Nice finds Paul!I had the pleasure to hunt with Brent a couple weeks back...dude is a bundle of energy,and sure likes the beast. He was talking smack about my Deus, but then noticed hes selling his etrac...to buy a deus,hahaha. Lets get together after Thanksgiving...I will be working 7days a week till then. See ya,Ray
September 29, 2014 01:18AM
Sounds great Ray we're already planning to get you and Lowboy in on a hunt this coming fall, El and I had another site available in the late fall Dec will be best.

I hear you, Brent's going to get a Deus smiling smiley And thanks to Brent it was his Blisstool v3 finds 4 months ago that convinced me to get a Bliss smiling smiley

Both you and Lowboy will join El and I this year, Big Deus day for sure!

Take care,
paul (Ca)
September 29, 2014 01:31AM
It is not hard to find a machine that will " trump" the Deus in the depth department. Plenty of machines over the last 20 plus years are deeper .As Keith has explained so well the Deus can be the ultimate " site machine" . For hitting and even IDing deep targets the Deus has plenty of superior competition . That being said I truly love my Deus for the sites it excels at .

Paul,Thanks very much for sharing your results and thoughts on the Beast. I have a couple of sites that has some modern trash but has a lot of seated coinage beyond the 10" level with great black loamy low mineral dirt and I am thinking the V5 Beast may be the ticket to recover some of them . Me and several others have about cleaned out everything we can hit with the CTX 3030/E-Tracs and stock/ large coils . Last coin I pulled their was a sweet CC silver dollar at 13"+ . Just wish more info from infield performance was available on the V5
September 29, 2014 01:35AM
A hunt with all of you guys will be a Christmas gift for sure a once in a lifetime hunt can't wait.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 29, 2014 10:17PM
Congrats on the button and Reale.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
October 01, 2014 01:58AM
Hey Paul....

yes thats sort of an early ramrod guide in the pic...

Looks early 1800s....maybe modded to fit a different gun????

Sounds great all of yall getting together to hunt...

I noticed on the bliss when its dialed in right for the sight it can pull some deep stuff...But its gotta be right on...

One thing I have found out on the DEUS is if a couple DEUS' are working around each other on the same freq I can not find any detrimental performance...

Keith
October 01, 2014 09:47AM
You'all meeting up for late fall hunting sounds like fun for sure ;-)

Can't wait to hear the stories that come from that get together!

Hey Paul

are those Phonix Buttons strictly a sw & west coast thing?

I've never seen one dug around these parts...
October 01, 2014 07:06PM
Thanks Silverhound,

Sorry for the slow reply, Been catching up with email and such these past few days.

And congrats with the CC sliver dollar find, Wow what a fine those are rare good job getting one. Agree, Deus is a terrific machine. It's a keeper for sure love mine it stays in the stable as one of my top 3 detectors.

On the Blisstool, that was my reasoning for getting one. To get the deeper signals our other top end detectors are missing, Sort of a clean up machine but it can be used as a main detector from the get go. The reale I found the other day was down 7-8" inches, Doesn't sound deep but in poor soil that is deep and it came up as a strong signal with the v5. Other machines of today may have ID the same target as weak and who knows maybe could have easily passed it up if not directly on to of the coin?

Thanks again,
Paul

Sounds great lowboy, Falls coming we'll get out for sure smiling smiley

Thanks Dig's allot, Appreciate the encouragement helps motivate me to get out again.

Thanks Keith, Yes that was my feeling too the Ramrod appears to be an earlier one. Ok cool, So it may have be modified to fit another gun/rifle. Thanks again smiling smiley

Hello Wayne, Phoenix buttons are mostly found on the west coast, These were used as trade to the Indians sometime around 1820's. However, They do pop up back east I know Geo (George) back east has found 3 in his career. Always a treat seeing one surface, Been lucky to have dug 12 in my career. Hopefully the streak continues.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)