Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anybody using the F-19 these days?

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anybody using the F-19 these days?
September 29, 2014 02:06AM
You sure don't seem to see any come up on the used market.----Is the general consensus at this point that it is as good as, better than (or worse) than the GBP/G2?-----Just curious!------Opinions welcome!! (not about me)--about the detector(s) ha ha
Re: Anybody using the F-19 these days?
September 29, 2014 02:10AM
It seems fisher is and has moved on with that detector you don't hear dealers talking about it even no they said it is the best relic machine they ever made. Now we are hearing the same about the new F75. It will be fun to see if they got it right this time around!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 29, 2014 05:08AM
it should arrive this week, I want to try the 10x5 Elliptical DD on it.
That was my favourite coil on the X-terra.

For my purposes the 5" coil is just too sensitive on the goldbug DP. Digging airgun pellet size targets is great if you're a nugget hunter.
I like the 11" coil on it, but on the fluffy dry sand is hasn't got the depth I need.

As the Goldbug DP was sold in part exchange,... well couldn't resist that green camou, red backlight F19.
It's kind of cool.
Will report if I have any kind of decent hunt with it.

HH
Johnb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 06:18AM by scoopjohnb.
September 29, 2014 01:49PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You sure don't seem to see any come up on the used
> market.----Is the general consensus at this point
> that it is as good as, better than (or worse) than
> the GBP/G2?-----Just curious!------Opinions
> welcome!! (not about me)--about the detector(s) ha
> ha

I doubt they've sold many is probably the reason. Personally, I'm keeping my G2 (with 5x10 DD already).
Winter is approaching so I'll be watching the 'thawed ground' all-year guys as to how the new F75 software update plays out. If its a 'solid, significant' improvement
I'll buy one in the spring (LTD version) with the new 5x10 DD coil (love that size and the fact the closed design glides over grass so easily). Results probably won't
start rolling in till November regardless....

The wildcard would be if FT announces an updated G2 with the F19 features + Boost (2 9V's)....that would be the cat's meow, a G2 with another couple inches with very good VID info
and 'drumroll' a Volume Control!

one can only hope, and I'm really looking forward to Tom D's take on the new SW once he gets it....maybe Geotech could facilitate?

cheers from the great white north....
September 29, 2014 02:38PM
I found the whole F19 saga to be very strange. FT almost seemed embarrassed by the detector. One offhand mention on their Facebook page, and after that all requests for more information were ignored. The Fisher page still says coming in 2014 and no links to brochures or manuals. The initial units were apparently defective and recalled? I was actually pretty interested in the detector but I found the whole episode so odd I just kind of lost interest myself. I mean, if FT does not care about the F19, why should I?

If they come out with a non-camo version for less I may have to get one but currently at $200 more than the Gold Bug Pro I can wait.
September 29, 2014 02:59PM
The problem might be just about all they do is paint it another color, add curb feelers, and tout how good it is, maybe add another knob. Fisher fans are all over it. Fool me once, fool me twice kinda thing.
September 29, 2014 03:17PM
Again Fisher has a lot to do to win us over this time around

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

September 29, 2014 03:34PM
What seems a little odd to me is that some of the people that have finally realized it is what it is. I can go back to some of the earlier posts and read where the same people now that are questioning FT use to defend them more than they actually should have. Guess a lot of eyes have been opened up as they are not coming out with that GREAT NEW unit that some of the earlier defenders claimed. I hope I am mistaken but really don't think so. Again time will tell, but some of us are running out of time...Are there any die hard Fisher people out there ????? We know who use to be out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 29, 2014 04:08PM
Seriously? All metal detector companies and in fact nearly all companies take product, add a few features, and release it as new and improved. iPhone 6 anyone? Getting on Fisher for that is ridiculous.
September 29, 2014 04:24PM
The great NEW units are still in the works, and Fisher never said the F19 or latest incarnations of the F75 are it. I at least am still a Fisher fan. Their marketing does baffle me however.
September 29, 2014 04:49PM
You may be a Fisher man, but many loyal customers had enough. Many just left the hobby all together. You can only sell so many entry to mid level detectors no matter what you name them. My goodness the third version of the F75! Creativity has hit the wall. The F19 was a disaster. It has to be. No talk on the forums about them. This was to be the year for Fisher. Or was it last year?

But hey they are not the only ones. Garrett since the AT series? It looks like they surrendered the top of the line market.

Minelab has the CTX. The only other moves they made were to kill some models off.

Let's face it. If it wasn't for Europe detector releases would be at an all time low.
September 29, 2014 05:06PM
People get pissed off when new detectors come out right after they bought one. People have lost patience with new detectors not coming out fast enough.

Yeah, I am a Fisher man. Been using a Nokta FORS Gold and my Minelab GPX 5000 the last few days and my new XP Deus just showed up. Time to break out the V3i for a spin and give my Garrett ATX another go. Might even use my Fisher F75. Brand name loyalty is counterproductive.
September 29, 2014 05:33PM
To be honest my f70 is a beast and tops or equals my minelab etrac on every hunt.. Fisher has better balance and easier controls than most others do.. Depth is really great and i dont have any emi issues Just adjust it til it quiets down and im good.. Great detector I use it alot more than my etrac now.. I will buy the new f75 and run it through its paces I like fisher but im not brand loyal Used whites since 1978 and still have some .. But i havent used any tor a while
September 30, 2014 02:14AM
I have been a Iphone user since the start. The new 6 has some nice features if you want to use your phone as a computer or for watching movies on the go or want to use it instead of your credit card. It also has some nice software updates that are cool. But no and the watch is coming...but yes it has not made me want to get one just yet till I see what the 7 may do. I still think Deus has the right idea their updates have made big changes to giving us better hunting in iron and that is what is keeping us from finding those masked targets.

It seems to be that everyone starts to get lazy and then someone offers something that is better and cooler they move to number for about ten years or longer...you can make a lot of cash in ten years.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 30, 2014 05:46AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> To be honest my f70 is a beast and tops or equals
> my minelab etrac on every hunt.. Fisher has better
> balance and easier controls than most others do..
> Depth is really great and i dont have any emi
> issues Just adjust it til it quiets down and im
> good.. Great detector I use it alot more than
> my etrac now.. I will buy the new f75 and run it
> through its paces I like fisher but im not
> brand loyal Used whites since 1978 and still
> have some .. But i havent used any tor a while

you got the new mx-5! from what i read,you are likin' it pretty darn good?
seems to be whitey's "new" sleeper!..killer depth,and a processor that's a speed match for anything fisher has!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
wjs
September 30, 2014 12:43PM
I still have mine and really like it. It seems to be working good. Only thing I don't really like is it wants to call those square tabs nickels....Gets old in a trashy park digging those.
September 30, 2014 01:30PM
I do like the mx5 and yes its deep and fast winking smiley its a digital remake of the mxt and mxt pro .. I believe dave johnson was lead engineer on the mxt series he left and went to first texas and im thinking he was also lead engineer on the f series detectors .. If this is the case that explains to me why i feel there is alot of similarities between the f75 and mxt For me the balance and light weight while using less batteries plays a big role on me using my f70 ... I love everything about my etrac except the weight. Ive had a couple of back surgeries and the weight kills me after a while. Which is why im trying several detectors these days.. The mx5 is not as fast as my f70 or g2.. Not quite as well balanced either.. But not too bad.. If the other companies would make their detectors lighter then my mind may change on what i use.. The f19 looks good too..
September 30, 2014 03:32PM
If it wasn't for Europe detector releases would be at an all time low.

I think that is a true statement...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 30, 2014 03:57PM
wjs Wrote:
> I still have mine and really like it. It seems to
> be working good. Only thing I don't really like is
> it wants to call those square tabs nickels....Gets
> old in a trashy park digging those.

till a gold ring pops out, then your tune will change...
October 11, 2014 08:07PM
Only had a few hunts yet,... but I would guess it is a little faster than the Goldbug Pro.
For some reason it doesn't airtest great,... but it likes dirt.
Gain at 80 it is more than ample deep on those small targets.

The coil tip is simply the best I've used for ID-ing steel crowncaps.
This is a surgeons tool,... I like it!!

HH
Johnb
October 16, 2014 04:29AM
FWIW, an improved G-2 is in the works. A new waterproof VLF machine, too..
October 16, 2014 08:10PM
goodmore Wrote:

> .. My goodness the third version of the F75!
> Creativity has hit the wall. The F19 was a
>

Technically fourth at least:

Original F75
F75 LTD
F75 SE
Now F75 DST

I may have missed one, but that's four smiling smiley

I wish they'd revamp the T2, give me a T2 with DST and BP mode, I might bite smiling smiley