Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Guess who said this 11 months ago

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Guess who said this 11 months ago
September 30, 2014 10:00AM
"I think fisher will bypass the deus and just give us raw power great fast unmasking and a new twist and a new coil and more depth someone has to come out with a new leader we are all waiting for a new detector from Fisher and Tek...I'll trust them on this one" this is funny how things chasge in the world of metal detecting...thanks no prize for the winning guess

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 10:00AM by sonny(IN).
Re: Guess who said this 11 months ago
September 30, 2014 11:35AM
Sonny I believe Fisher may still have a ace up their sleeve but I am just wishful thinking.
September 30, 2014 01:39PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I think fisher will bypass the deus and just give
> us raw power great fast unmasking and a new twist
> and a new coil and more depth someone has to come
> out with a new leader we are all waiting for a new
> detector from Fisher and Tek...I'll trust them on
> this one"
> this is funny how things chasge in the world
> of metal detecting...thanks no prize for the
> winning guess

Well Sonny---I don't know who said that & I know we have all been waiting "forever" for the FT "biggy".------Having said that--I STILL think FT will come out with something more than just a re-packaged F-75.---I mean, couldn't they have implemented those "upgrades" to the 75 several years ago?-----They haven't got top engineers (including DJ & now CM) on the payroll for nothing.------I think the BIG question is----will guys like you & I & Dan & Darrel ever live long enough to see it come to fruition??? ha------I've just gotten to the point of doing the best I can with the equip. I have on hand (with the time I have left in this hobby).-------Can't help but think about the next "latest & greatest" though (and the features/performance it may have)!!!!-----------Del
September 30, 2014 02:08PM
Times and circumstances change all the time . That is why I never get stuck on one machine or one brand of machine . I buy and use what works the best for me and my sites and never wait with hands wringing for the next new super duper machine that is just weeks away from possible release. Kinda like the latest and proclaimed greatest relic machine of them all just released by Fisher called F19 . I wonder if the name refers to 19 ways to flop .....
September 30, 2014 03:29PM
I don't think anyone will bypass the Deus because the deus seems to be working on new updates to give us more options that work. Fisher may come out with a new platform will it be better?...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 30, 2014 04:06PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
> "I think fisher will bypass the deus and just give
> us raw power great fast unmasking and a new twist
> and a new coil and more depth someone has to come
> out with a new leader we are all waiting for a new
> detector from Fisher and Tek...I'll trust them on
> this one"
> this is funny how things chasge in the world
> of metal detecting...thanks no prize for the
> winning guess

I still have this fear that next April after I (probably) buy the new version of the F75 LTD, 2 months later the dual-freq F80 (or some such) will be announced....
but maybe it will be SW upgradable, not!, haha
on a sidenote gold & silver are getting clubbed as more global money-printing is expected, what a world, eh....
September 30, 2014 04:34PM
Wow...ain't modern society something? We are all so used to everything being "right now" and "instant" we just plain ol' don't have patience anymore. How many times have folks griped about FTP (and other companies) for "rushing" detectors out into production with perceived "bugs"? IF they are working on something brand new, from the ground up...I hope they do take their time with it. There is plenty of awesome technology for us to play with right now...heck, most say the F75/T2 platform is one of the best to ever have been made. If they have made even more improvements on it, more power to 'em. No one has to buy it if they don't want it...and if they make upgrades possible for a price on old units, no one will twist someones arm to make them send in their machine. I have a base, 1st generation F75 and it is still awesome. It's the same detector that I used when they were first released...and it hasn't changed just because new metal detectors have hit the market. What has changed is my perception that maybe I'm missing out on finding stuff because I don't have "detector X"...the seeds of doubt get planted in my mind by seeing finds other hunters are making and me getting excited about new technology.

...This is coming from a guy who LOVES to play with new technology! However, if I work (and I do indeed me WORK) to learn a particular metal detector inside/out, I'll be deadly with that machine...no matter what it is. Granted, I won't go as deep with some machines, no matter the knowledge or settings if there are design limits, but I can trust my instincts and gain confidence.

How many times have you hunted with someone with a different detector and they found more goodies than you? Didn't it make doubt creep into your noggin and think "Now, I need to get a metal detector like he/she is using!". We forget it can be luck, environmental causes, etc., etc. that caused you to not rack 'em up like they did. Next hunt, it could be you and your machine getting more than them.

I feel that these days anyone with a top-end detector who KNOWS it well can hunt with confidence. Will there be certain machines that do better at certain specific functions? Certainly there will...(XP Deus in iron, according to reports, as an example).

I am a fan of FTP stuff but I also swing an E-trac, AT-Pro and V3i as well as the F75. Like I said above, I LOVE to play with new technology and test metal detectors against each other in various scenarios. However, I know for a fact I'm not as good of a metal detectorist as I can be because I do play with so many different machines. The basic skills are all there, but I don't know any of the machines to the absolute maximum because I split time between them. If I focused on one, and only one for an extended period of time, I wouldn't fear hunting with/against any of the others.
September 30, 2014 07:34PM
Carolina Clyde??????????????
September 30, 2014 07:58PM
Mark in NC Wrote:
> Wow...ain't modern society something? We are all
> so used to everything being "right now" and
> "instant" we just plain ol' don't have patience
> anymore. How many times have folks griped about
> FTP (and other companies) for "rushing" detectors
> out into production with perceived "bugs"? IF they
> are working on something brand new, from the
> ground up...I hope they do take their time with
> it. There is plenty of awesome technology for us
> to play with right now...heck, most say the F75/T2
> platform is one of the best to ever have been
> made. If they have made even more improvements on
> it, more power to 'em. No one has to buy it if
> they don't want it...and if they make upgrades
> possible for a price on old units, no one will
> twist someones arm to make them send in their
> machine. I have a base, 1st generation F75 and it
> is still awesome. It's the same detector that I
> used when they were first released...and it hasn't
> changed just because new metal detectors have hit
> the market. What has changed is my perception
> that maybe I'm missing out on finding stuff
> because I don't have "detector X"...the seeds of
> doubt get planted in my mind by seeing finds other
> hunters are making and me getting excited about
> new technology.
>
> ...This is coming from a guy who LOVES to play
> with new technology! However, if I work (and I do
> indeed me WORK) to learn a particular metal
> detector inside/out, I'll be deadly with that
> machine...no matter what it is. Granted, I won't
> go as deep with some machines, no matter the
> knowledge or settings if there are design limits,
> but I can trust my instincts and gain confidence.
>
>
> How many times have you hunted with someone with a
> different detector and they found more goodies
> than you? Didn't it make doubt creep into your
> noggin and think "Now, I need to get a metal
> detector like he/she is using!". We forget it can
> be luck, environmental causes, etc., etc. that
> caused you to not rack 'em up like they did. Next
> hunt, it could be you and your machine getting
> more than them.
>
> I feel that these days anyone with a top-end
> detector who KNOWS it well can hunt with
> confidence. Will there be certain machines that
> do better at certain specific functions?
> Certainly there will...(XP Deus in iron, according
> to reports, as an example).
>
> I am a fan of FTP stuff but I also swing an
> E-trac, AT-Pro and V3i as well as the F75. Like I
> said above, I LOVE to play with new technology and
> test metal detectors against each other in various
> scenarios. However, I know for a fact I'm not as
> good of a metal detectorist as I can be because I
> do play with so many different machines. The
> basic skills are all there, but I don't know any
> of the machines to the absolute maximum because I
> split time between them. If I focused on one, and
> only one for an extended period of time, I
> wouldn't fear hunting with/against any of the
> others.

Say that one more time please.
wjs
And the winner is......
September 30, 2014 08:03PM
"I think fisher will bypass the deus and just give us raw power great fast unmasking and a new twist and a new coil and more depth someone has to come out with a new leader we are all waiting for a new detector from Fisher and Tek...I'll trust them on this one"

LowBoy

Not trying to discredit anyone just trying to win the contest...Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2014 08:05PM by wjs.
September 30, 2014 08:46PM
Wow good job bill !! Mr deus himself said that huh lmao
September 30, 2014 11:32PM
I thought Lowboy said that too. Just could not bring myself to say it. Sounded kind of silly.
October 01, 2014 01:02AM
This forum has a tendency to jump from one favorite machine to the next on here. I would be broke if I followed through and bought every machine that's been determined to be the newest best thing since sliced bread. I've learned to use my own judgement on what works for me and my hunting sites and not what everyone else is using.
October 01, 2014 02:08AM
I'll eat my words and say sorry..but after I just getting the Deus with the new software update I don't think Fisher has a chance and you can quote that. Europe is taking over and doing a great job at it.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

October 01, 2014 02:17AM
Enthusiasm is always good...

Always take pride in your equipment..

Ill also say competiton/outside the box thinking is more firestarting than you may know...

Great things and ideas can come from driven individuals with the spark to BUILD---COMPETE---IMPRESS

Keith
October 01, 2014 02:53AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I'll eat my words and say sorry..but after I just
> getting the Deus with the new software update I
> don't think Fisher has a chance and you can quote
> that. Europe is taking over and doing a great job
> at it.

Ah, the truth as to the identity of the culprit making that eroneous statement has finally emerged!!----Sony has changed his mind & will now be handing out last weeks half eaten pizzas to you gentlemen that guessed right!------As for you Lawrenzo, you shall receive 20 lashes with a wet noodle! ha ha-------I'm glad I don't get beaten for every time I've made an in-correct statement, I'd have a mighty sore back.--------Seriously, this post/thread has been fun--you guys are a pretty sharp bunch!--------Del
October 01, 2014 01:21PM
Unfortunately Fisher-Tek is F minded and only reason the CZ is still around its old technology at its best. Add a button..change a color and you will have a F-76...Yep the rumors have been flying around for a long time and only time will tell.
October 01, 2014 03:24PM
My problem is I don't remember what I had for breakfast the same day how can I remember what I was hoping Fisher would do...but there is something coming out that may turn heads was told next year but knowing Fisher how knows. Don't qote me on that

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]