Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detectors that are good in iron

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detectors that are good in iron
October 04, 2014 11:57AM
Hi all, sorry to keep asking dumb things, but is the G2 good in iron and trash? I am trying to find something that will seprate good from bad. I have a DFX that i can,t use good yet. I just got a G2, if it will work good i will not get the Deus yet. I don,t know if i can swing the much money now. Don,t you need to get new coils for the Deus ever 2 years? I don,t think you can put batterys in the coils, and they are about 300.00 each. Thanks Flintstone
Re: Detectors that are good in iron
October 04, 2014 12:23PM
Yes,g2 is good in iron. No,you dont need a new coil every 2years on Deus,battery can be replaced.
October 04, 2014 12:36PM
DEUS battery replaced Video [www.youtube.com]
October 04, 2014 02:35PM
I have had a lot of detectors over the years and had a G2 in fact I sold one and kept one...but the deus for parks is so much better and in iron and trash because you can progarm it, I don't think theG2 or the At Pro can really come close to what the deus can do....more bang for a lot more money. I have yet to do a test with both detectors but I plan on doing a head to head test on undug targets in and out of iron this fall and winter...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 10:09PM by Lawrenzo.
October 04, 2014 05:49PM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all, sorry to keep asking dumb things, but is
> the G2 good in iron and trash? I am trying to find
> something that will seprate good from bad. I have
> a DFX that i can,t use good yet. I just got a G2,
> if it will work good i will not get the Deus yet.
> I don,t know if i can swing the much money now.
> Don,t you need to get new coils for the Deus ever
> 2 years? I don,t think you can put batterys in the
> coils, and they are about 300.00 each. Thanks
> Flintstone

G2 in iron/trash with the 5x10 elliptical DD coil is a great setup/machine

the 19khz it operates on LOVES to pick out "buttons and gold" and other low/er conductors

is it as good/fast as the Deus as for overall? No

but

they're fun little light weight machines to use for sure and are SUPER deep when ran in "all metal mode" (a true "static/all metal mode") unlike AT's and a lot of others that would have you believe \ you're using an all metal mode...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2014 03:51AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
October 04, 2014 06:48PM
Why not just go use the G2 and see how it does for you? It is a great little detector and delivers a huge fraction of what the Deus does and for less than half the price. Bottom line is you have it and it is very capable so may as well just go use it and see how it works for you. If you are not satisfied for some reason the Deus will always be waiting.
October 04, 2014 11:02PM
Thanks All, Steve i think i will use the G2 till next spring and if i do good i will forget the Deus for now. Thanks
October 05, 2014 06:39PM
Nothing wrong with a G2 for iron work...

I like the 5x10 DD and the 5 DD the best for site work...

Hunt awhile with it then grab a DEUS later and see what the DEUS offers that the G2 does not and vice versa..

One thing about not trying a few machines is that you dont know whats acceptable and or even doable and whats not till you get some time in with some units to compare..

I like detecters to work with my thought process and hunt style not against me...but till you get a few in the field some things arent as obvious or at times even considered as to what you need...

you will have fun with the G2..

Keith
October 05, 2014 10:17PM
I regret letting my G2 go before getting to know it better. Not impressed with ID ability in depth. Just down graded target Id as depth increased too fast for me. (My opinion ). And never took enough time to see what it would do in all metal mode. Very fast in iron recovery unmasking. Just never liked the feel of the machine. Felt like a toy in my hands unlike the old analogue machines like a CZ. Probably the only machine I have owned that I regret letting go before I knew what it was really capable of. Most owners love it. I was less than impressed. To each his or her own.
October 06, 2014 02:35AM
On another note, I liked the G2 for teaching a newbie how to detect. Light, target ID, and very easy for a new person to understand what they had under the coil. But in iron I would prefer a Deeptech Vista Gold or Deeptech RG 1000 V2 for target separation. Never owned a Deus yet but can imagine it is on the same level of iron unmasking and maybe even better for relic hunting. I know regular forum members are not so find of the Deeptechs because of the previous dealer, but they are great machines for the money. I know they have a place in my arsenal of (probably way too many) detectors.

PS: You can tell a man is probably single if he owns more than 4 metal detectors and does not earn a living off of them. I happen to own 12 now, so where do you that puts me?
October 06, 2014 03:37AM
I think the deus has really helped me understand my G2 but I really love the all metal with the At Gold I think once learned you can pick out some deep targets and works as well in iron as the G2 but for me it is deeper. Once you master the deus you can really find what another brand can and won't do...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 07, 2014 07:50AM
appreciate your comments as always low boy!
in your view,can one just hunt with the deus in "factory" settings
and achieve "nearly the same" performance in parks,as opposed to
custom programming it for the same park hunting?..IF this is true,then does the "programming"
of the detector make it "superior to anything else on the market in your experience,OR if it's "just"
used in factory settings would it "still" be superior for park hunting?..the question may seem obvious to you,
however i am trying to get a "feel" for this detector 'without" spending $1.800.00 to really find out to a certainty!.
thanks!

(p.s.) to quote a wise man,i guess there really is "no dumb" question!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
October 07, 2014 04:39PM
No detector is for everyone.. I havent heard of any or at least very very few bad reports on the deus so i bet its worth it.. Noone can tell you if you will like it as thats where you buy it swing it test it and keep it or sell it winking smiley i may buy one myself but im still reading on it and i just ordered the new fisher f75 ltd 2 So we will see smiling smiley
October 08, 2014 04:41PM
The DFX isnt the easiest machine at first to use i because it offers to many posibilities for user error. If you read Jeff Fosters book you will understand what i mean by this. Sometimes a fast deep machine with simple controls is just as good. But any machine requires learning it and that takes time. Even someone with experience often sees their finds drop off at first when switching to a new machine.
October 09, 2014 02:03AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No detector is for everyone.. I havent heard of
> any or at least very very few bad reports on the
> deus so i bet its worth it.. Noone can tell you if
> you will like it as thats where you buy it swing
> it test it and keep it or sell it winking smiley i may buy
> one myself but im still reading on it and i just
> ordered the new fisher f75 ltd 2 So we will see
> smiling smiley

yeah me too! reading all i can,and the more i read the 'rosier"
it gets!.as you mentioned, and i agree buying it and using it IS the only way,however
this can be a very expensive "pastime" if one doesn't care for the detector.
still thinkin' about it,and this costs nothing.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
October 12, 2014 02:43PM
i havent heard of many deus batterys needing to be replaced so far .so theyre lasting well .
October 16, 2014 04:14AM
I have found that the Vista Gold works good in iron for me.
October 19, 2014 11:59PM
The Tesoro Outlaw kicks butt in a bed of nails.

tabman
January 22, 2015 09:50PM
Think it was at 15:33 I pulled a coin next to a large piece of iron in this video here.... [youtu.be]

Just testing out the V mini and was well surprised at its performance.